RIP my pet dog

piv34uk

:orb_sad: RIP Sadie............ one of the hardest days of my life.............had to have my German Shepherd put down to day at 10:30, she could no longer stand and walk :( Good age though, 3 months off being 15

I will miss her so, as will all the family.....feel guilty having my two boys with us at the vets (10+13) but least we see her go to sleep as a family.

Gutted, god bless Sadie

Phil

My heart goes out to you Phil. One of the hardest things, giving up a much loved family pet... especially a dog.

She'll be there waiting loyally by the pearly gates in the sky when it's your time to go.

Sad to hear that mate, having been in the same position twice its something I empathise with you, the most horrible feeling ever, I'd much rather they went curled up asleep on my floor but in the same breath couldnt stand seeing them suffer.

Have vowed not to get a dog again simply so I wont have to go through what you did today even if it is 15 years away.:orb_sad:

Thanks so far...........I wanted to find her asleep as well, new last night when she fell over taking a wee she was in pain..cruel to be kind...

God it hurts

its a hard thing, really feel sorry for you and the family phil. atleast it wasn't a nasty day for the dog.

the thing that upset me most about our cat was the fact he got run over and spent a while in pain before we watched him get put to sleep.

Despite appearances I am as soft as poo and cried when the hamster died.

Got knows wha I'll be like when the stupid cat goes.

I feel for you Phil, a sad day indeed.

:( Been there too mate, a very sad place, take solace in the thought you gave your dog a much loved and full life, up there looking down and thanking you for that.

Is tough though...

It was the kindest thing to do fella. You may not think so now, give it time :o

Guest parsko

My sympathies mate, I had to make the same decision about 3 years ago for our 15 year old westie. Still brings a tear to my eye thinking about it and I hate now to see an old dog that can hardly walk or just stands there looking lost.

Time does heal and we thought at the time we could never have another but 6 months later we took on a little live wire westie with teeth that dont meet so her tongue hangs out . A year later we had two westies.They will never replace old Casey but they are our new best friends.

Very sorry to hear your sad news. You did the right thing in all being there at the end. I still get stick from my family for taking our dearly beloved but very poorly tabby to the vet on my own to be put to sleep, and that was 3 years ago.

Well least you have some good memories and know you did the right thing.

Still doesnt stop you being upset i know but all the best mate

Really sorry to hear :(

I was in a similar situation a few years ago with my dog - one morning she just couldn't stand up. It was so horrible seeing her like that, and I can picture see the expression on her face, poor thing :(

I had to take her to the vets on my own. Such a horrible thing to have to do.

But think of the years of pleasure and companionship you've had with her.

I'm still on my first dog, and she's coming up for 14 in the summer, Lab/Alsation cross. She's not been to great lately, and i know the time will come eventually, but cant even begin to think how horrible you must be feeling, but you done the right thing.

Have vowed not to get a dog again simply so I wont have to go through what you did today even if it is 15 years away.:orb_sad:

Tis exactly what this peom says - but in a much sadder way:

The Power Of The Dog by Rudyard Kipling - Read Print

Ace poem, makes me cry everytime

My dog is 15 and a half, border collie cross springer spaniel. I cant bear to think thats its gonna be her next :(

When she goes, I'm putting that peom up on the wall, with a picture of her

Tis exactly what this peom says - but in a much sadder way:

The Power Of The Dog by Rudyard Kipling - Read Print

Ace poem, makes me cry everytime

My dog is 15 and a half, border collie cross springer spaniel. I cant bear to think thats its gonna be her next :(When she goes, I'm putting that peom up on the wall, with a picture of her

Youve started me off again.........

THEY SAY MEMORIES ARE GOLDEN, WELL MAYBE THATS TRUE. I NEVER WANTED MEMORIES, I ONLY WANT YOU. A MILLION TIMES I NEEDED YOU,A MILLION TIMES I CRIED. IF LOVE ALONE COULD HAVE SAVED YOU, YOU NEVER WOULD HAVE DIED. IN LIFE I LOVED YOU DEARLY, IN DEATH I LOVE YOU STILL. IN MY HEART YOU HOLD A PLACE NO ONE COULD EVER FILL. IF TEARS COULD BUILD A STAIRWAY AND HEARTACHE MAKE A LANE, I`D WALK THE PATH TO HEAVEN AND BRING YOU BACK AGAIN. OUR FAMILY CHAIN IS BROKEN, AND NOTHING SEEMS THE SAME. BUT AS WE ARE CALLED ONE BY ONE, THE CHAIN WILL LINK AGAIN.....

RIP Sadie 03/07/1993--07/04/2008

Phil

It is hard to take, remember all the good times, especially the ones where you may have been sad or cross but she always found a way of making you smile.

Both of my dogs were involved in a hit and run, one died the other is doing well with three legs(bless him). I miss the one but i'm sure her spirit lives on in the other.

Take care, keep chins up.

ATB,

Simon

Our Lab/Dalmation has just had his human 14th birthday and he struggles to stand up and move around. I know his days are numbered and I'm hoping he dies peacefully in his sleep as I bring myself to think about taking him to the vets.

I remember being about 7 and going to the vets with my parents to have our Labrador put to sleep, I didn't understand at the time and remember my dad carrying Winnie into the vets coming out a little while later in tears without her it was devastating for the whole family and I remember my parents saying "That's it no more dogs, we can't go through this again" a year later and we had an English Springer Spaniel.

My deepest heartfelt sympathies to you and your family, it's never easy but you have to remember the good times you had with your dog and how happy you made your dog. :hug: