Fabia vRS turbo reliability

Has the turbo on your Fabia vRS blown?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Has the turbo on your Fabia vRS blown?

• No, never
    • Yes, once
    • Yes, more than once

The turbos seem to be pretty reliable bit with two caveats:

1- If you get remapped - get it done by someone conservative - the OEM turbo was never designed to be pushed too hard.

2- don't forget the italian tune-up every so often - pushing it hard once in a while generates heat that burns off excess carbon that can clog up the innards....

Physically looking at it, not the easiest job, If garret it will have that embossed on the cold side of the turbo.

Someone recently just stuck their camera in the general location and snapped away managed to get some identifiable pics.

The turbos seem to be pretty reliable bit with two caveats:

1- If you get remapped - get it done by someone conservative - the OEM turbo was never designed to be pushed too hard.

2- don't forget the italian tune-up every so often - pushing it hard once in a while generates heat that burns off excess carbon that can clog up the innards....

Yes, mine died at 61k. :mad::mad:

I agree with number 1, however, if the exhaust gasses are running at around 500 - 650 degrees C through the turbo, there should be plenty of heat to cope with any carbon build up that may occour.

My dad bought a Diesel and he drives like a snail, tries not to rev it past 2500rpm in any gear, so I picked him up from work one day in it and gave it a 'blow out' needless to say, he was not impressed :D It seemed like it was gagging for it so I just let it have it.

A good ragging now and again does feel good though :D