Removing Rear Octavia Lettering

Can anyone suggedt a nice safe method of removing the ocatavia badge on my tdi vrs. It's just a modification i noticed on another i saw lately and would like the same. Would a kettle of hot water do the job without damaging paintwork?

my usual trick is lift the letters off, you'll get a sticky residue and a fair amount of the backing left, i carefully then roll as much off as i can with my finger, then furniture polish on the rest, should loose the adhesive and it should then wipe off,

obviously make sure the area is clean before you start and when you wax the car make sure the area gets a good coating as it wont have previously had anyway wax, and what was surrounding it has probly now been cleaned off during the letter removal

Can anyone suggedt a nice safe method of removing the ocatavia badge on my tdi vrs. It's just a modification i noticed on another i saw lately and would like the same. Would a kettle of hot water do the job without damaging paintwork?

No need for hot water. As said above, just pull it gently off. Wash and polish, then tadahhh...

If you are not keen on just pulling them off you can pull a piece of nylon fishing line behind the letters - will not mark the paint, then clean of the residue as above

Just give the bit of sticky rubber left on paint work a bit of a rub then i used a bit of wd40 on a rag to clean any glue off

I think I prefer it with the Octavia lettering to be honest.

I removed the GOLF badging on my Golf and replaced the silver VW badges with black ones front and back. Looked good I thought.

http://briskoda.net/forums/attachments/13019d1169940953-pict0444b.jpg

Try dental floss !!!

• 10 years later...

Give the area a bit of a go over with a compound cleaner, such as Meguires Compound or if you have to, T-cut to see if it makes it better.

I noticed the same on mine when I removed all badges but it became almost unnoticeable after this. A good polish and then wax after too of course.

Mine was a 2006 silver Octavia.

Edited by Plantman

• 4 weeks later...