mileage from a tank of fuel??

hi guys,,, what mileage do you all get from a tank of fuel??

i seem to be getting about 270 from a tank, and am sure that it used to do about 350/400 when i bought it????

It is a 2.0 GLXi, year 2000.

Thought i would ask as i could do with it not costing me quite so much each week in fuel :(

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When did you buy it?

Don't forget petrol prices have recently sky rocketed, so a tank will be costing you more.

Also have you checked the usual air filter etc, and when was it last serviced?

hi guys,,, what mileage do you all get from a tank of fuel??

i seem to be getting about 270 from a tank, and am sure that it used to do about 350/400 when i bought it????

It is a 2.0 GLXi, year 2000.

Thought i would ask as i could do with it not costing me quite so much each week in fuel :(

That sounds pretty bad. Last time I filled up I was almost empty and had covered 350 miles which worked out to be just under 31MPG

bought 250 atm but if i drive normally about 300-320 and if like a granny about 370 if im reallllyyyy goood. MK sucks for fuel economy though.

if youve just fitted 18s then that may explain the reduced economy.

Hmm, I don't think I've managed to get 300 miles out of a tank yet! I usually fill up with between 10 and 20 mile showing on the range which is usually around the 260 mile mark. It doesn't seem to vary too much I drive in an fuel efficient manner or normally!

I drive from brawdy to cardiff most weekends and I can get 350 on a tank easy. if i put foot a bit i still get 300+

i norm work on 1/4 tank is 100 mile. when not in a hurry i get 40-55 mile before the tank even comes off the full mark,(thats fron pump knockin off pluss a bit lol)

250 is V bad! IMHO

Ive done 142 mile between cardiff and brawdy plus bit town driving and Ive got 3/4+ of a tank and the motorway drive I did on sunday was not a dordle;)

even round town I can get 270-320 mile out of a tank and its a turbo.

I reacon you got a problem, do you check your oil and tyre pressures each week?

I always 1st works my car before a long drive, if you look after the car it will save you money in the long run.

billy

Guest musky

My 4x4 just did 305 going to and from work - 10/11 miles each way, completely mixed driving, flat out, stationary, cruising at 45, air con on. Normal is between 275 and 300.

Just as a comparison with 4000 miles on the clock I'm currently getting around 280miles around town driving to the tank in my ST which looking at what some of you Octy vRS drivers are getting and considering it has more power and it a bigger engine isn't all that bad. :)

Rick have you checked your tyre pressures lately? as under inflated tyres can cause a decrease in mpg.

Thank you for all the responses!!

I do have a couple of other things now though,,,,

1 - why would 18" wheels differ the fuel economy??

2 - Yes i do service the car regularly, it has new plugs, air filter, oil and filter change, every 6 months, regardless of mileage

3 - The tyre pressures are checked every week and are always OK, apart from about a week ago when i got a puncture in the NSR :( but as i was changing the wheels and tyres anyway i didnt bother to get it fixed, it was only dropping about 2 psi per day so i just kept topping it up