LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

Thanks for that JB , I might have to take the LED plunge now , fingers crossed lol

You'll be fine! I've had them in for just over 2 years now, and no problems at all.

Get yourself onto the interior lights next. They do make a big difference, and LEDs have come on leaps and bounds in the last year.

• Like 1

I've just changed my DRLs to these which are a lot brighter than the first lot of LEDs I put in. These are CREE like the ones Jake has but with further CREE chips around the sides so as to light up the reflector more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And a picture of them working in the car.....

9878ca07797b547dba265d79e8659232_zpsux3w

• Like 1

Thanks for the response fellas , IF they work on mine I will post some pics to show you.

This moves me nicely on to how to remove the access panel to get to the release clip of the fog/drl unit .

A quick search on YouTube revealed a few how-to's on removing the said light .

One method showed a credit card being slid between the light and bumper to pop the clip (didn't work for me)

Method 2 of squeezing and pulling the panel did eventually result in grazed knuckles and a few choice swear words, but it did eventually pop off.

My tip is to give the panel a little squirt of silicone spray to the contact points before re-fitting as this makes removing it again a doddle .

Hello guys,somebody can help me please? I would like to change my front fog lights,because It is not factory fitted the DRL. Where can i buy a fog light which is included in the DRL? My car is a 2009 Superb Elegance.

Thank you the answer.

Hello guys,somebody can help me please? I would like to change my front fog lights,because It is not factory fitted the DRL. Where can i buy a fog light which is included in the DRL? My car is a 2009 Superb Elegance.

Thank you the answer.

You could save yourself some money and use the Carista app to set your fog lights to come one as DRLs. It will cost you about £15 for the full version of the Carista app, plus about £5 for the appropriate OBD2 plug dongle.

You could save yourself some money and use the Carista app to set your fog lights to come one as DRLs. It will cost you about £15 for the full version of the Carista app, plus about £5 for the appropriate OBD2 plug dongle.

But only if you have a compatible smart phone.

Not available for windows phone and no plans currently to release.

Sorry guys,but if you check my pictures you will see: my car doens't have DRL. So,my question was: where can i buy a fog light which one has all ready DRL? And all so sorry,but my english is not the best one. Many thanks.

Hi Jake,

Will these work on my 14 plate Superb? The DRLs are beside the main beam.

Thanks,

Conor

Hi Conor

Not sure I'm afraid. It sounds like you have the facelift model, without xenons, is that right?

Can you can dig out the handbook to see what the bulb size is for those lamps?

Hi Jake,

Will these work on my 14 plate Superb?  The DRLs are beside the main beam.

Thanks,

Conor

I thought the drls were led on the facelift, they look very white if not! Is there not a few of them either side of the headlight?

Hi Conor

Not sure I'm afraid. It sounds like you have the facelift model, without xenons, is that right?

Can you can dig out the handbook to see what the bulb size is for those lamps?

There is no detail in the handbook that I can find that tells what the bulbs are.

I will have a look at lunch time and see what the current bulbs look like.

I thought the drls were led on the facelift, they look very white if not! Is there not a few of them either side of the headlight?

The DRLs are on the inside of the lights on each side, closer to the grill.

post-129764-0-42503900-1431435046_thumb.jpgpost-129764-0-10745200-1431435078_thumb.jpgThanks again to the OP and JakeBlade for the bulb link .

Fitted them this morning and hey presto , they bloomin' work !

Hard to see in the pics 'cos of the bright sunlight , might take some more when it's dark .

attachicon.gif20150512_123603.jpgattachicon.gif20150512_123554.jpgThanks again to the OP and JakeBlade for the bulb link .

Fitted them this morning and hey presto , they bloomin' work !

Hard to see in the pics 'cos of the bright sunlight , might take some more when it's dark .

Ye of little faith.

Glad you got them sorted. Now time to turn your attention to the interior LEDs!

Used some Osram high quality leds inside car and error started. Front and rear ceilinglights started to glow not turned when I turned on the mirror lights... strange...put back original bulbs to front and voila everything ok...put back the leds and again same thing...

car is superb FL 1.8TSI ....does that mean I have to use canbus leds inside car....

right now I have Philips w5w Vision Plus bulbs which gives more light than original bulbs and the color is pretty good to my eyes....not blinding as leds...

dont want to use cheap chinese leds which gives not a white but cheap blue or even purple light...

• Like 1

Used some Osram high quality leds inside car and error started. Front and rear ceilinglights started to glow not turned when I turned on the mirror lights... strange...put back original bulbs to front and voila everything ok...put back the leds and again same thing...

car is superb FL 1.8TSI ....does that mean I have to use canbus leds inside car....

right now I have Philips w5w Vision Plus bulbs which gives more light than original bulbs and the color is pretty good to my eyes....not blinding as leds...

dont want to use cheap chinese leds which gives not a white but cheap blue or even purple light...

What colour are you looking for, and how bright? There is much more choice of decent "cheap" Chinese LEDs these days, although granted that those blue/purple tinged ones are still in existence. Edited by JakeBlade

They are LED on the FL but only on higher spec models. Lower spec FLversions will actually have them in the main headlight housing (in main beam partition) - a bit like the very first models in 08/09.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Just a quick update on my led drl bulbs. Mine was registered on 26-11-2012 but I dunno when it was made.

After a couple of days I am now getting the dreaded error messages . (the orange bulb sign and the maxi dot message saying right hand light out)

But I don't get errors every time , groan!

It appears these Superbs are fickle beasts or the bulbs are different in every batch maybe?

On the plus side I fitted the recommended h8 fog light xenon bulbs and they're great , and I can now whip out the cover and light unit and swap bulbs in seconds :rofl:  

It appears these Superbs are fickle beasts or the bulbs are different in every batch maybe?

Fickle they are indeed.

I've just changed my DRLs to these which are a lot brighter than the first lot of LEDs I put in. These are CREE like the ones Jake has but with further CREE chips around the sides so as to light up the reflector more.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321517034780?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And a picture of them working in the car.....

9878ca07797b547dba265d79e8659232_zpsux3w

+1 for these - opted for these after WaveyDavey suggested them. No errors at first but not anymore as I've installed a set of these:

360_0_productGfx_86d94760a9632562c014d7b

Sorry to hear that linf. What a pain in the a$$

It sure is but im not giving in just yet , is there a link to those black adapters ?

ive seen the superskoda vid using the same type of thing , they look better than the other type of resistor .