LED Bulb Upgrades for Superb II

Wery hard to say what temp, but i would say a bit higher then the head light original xenon, so about 5000k maby.

I wasent after any high kalvin i just wanted a fresher looking drl without looking "fast and the furious" stylish, and that´s pretty much what i got so i´m pleased.

/b

Send a PM to NHN - a great source of genuine Ross-Tech VCDS cables. Totally reliable, really knowledgeable, and well regarded on the various UK VAG forums

Thanks ksr...will look into it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

• 2 weeks later...

My LED DRLs are working fine, but I have noticed that the headlights tend to come on - when set to auto - when driving in daylight and it's been fairly bright recently...could this be an issue with the LEDs or is it simply coincidence? I will try and swap back to the standard ones for a while when I find some time, but wondered if anyone else with LED DRLs had noticed this or if simply the auto light sensor could be a bit sensitive??

I believe I may have discovered when the headlights are coming on when on auto in normal daylight...it appears to be when I drive more quickly, say somewhere in the region of...ahem...70 mph...well, they appear to come on when travelling motorway speeds shall we say! Not sure if this is a feature i.e. to be safer when travelling at speed or even if it's linked to the speed limit warning setting on the maxidot but this does appear to be what's happening.

I've not looked in the manual yet, so will see if I can find anything official when I get chance.

The headlights will come on (on mine) when I travel for more than 2 minutes above 140 kph. I believe this is set as standard but could probably be changed in VCDS

Can this behaviour be changed without VCDS?

I recently bought my 2008 Elegance 1,8 TSI DSG with Columbus unit fitted, and it annoys the cr.. out of me! It makes the navigation map go to night mode (i have it set to auto), and it won't change back to day mode even when driving less than 100 Kph for more than 2 minutes.

What will make the lights/Columbus switch back to lights off and day mode on the nav/maps?

Where in the manual is this explained? (page number?)

I actually went through the manual to see if this was a "feature" of the Columbus or the car, but ended up finding nothing, so my searching/reading skills must be worse than i thought :wall:

On page 53 in the Swedish manual it's called Autobahn-ljus.

If you have the English version read on page 60 where it's called Motorway lights.

"If the automatic light control has been switched on and the vehicle speed is over

140 km/h for at least 10 seconds, the side lights and low beam are switched on automatically.

If the vehicle speed is below 65 km/h for at least 2 minutes, the lights are switched

off."

Edited by kalnak

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-382-LED-REVERSE-BULB-SKODA-SUPERB-YETI-/330673221817?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfda8f0b9

This is the Cree 382 bulb I use for DRL.

It's twice the price of the bulb you mention but I highly recommend it.

No canbus errors and suits the car.

Try get it in the silver casing.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CREE-Q5-382-LED-REVERSE-BULB-SKODA-SUPERB-YETI-/330673221817?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfda8f0b9

This is the Cree 382 bulb I use for DRL.

It's twice the price of the bulb you mention but I highly recommend it.

No canbus errors and suits the car.

Try get it in the silver casing.

I only see red casing..do you have to contact seller direct or?

I was only able to get the red casing myself.

When the lights are off you can see a bit of a red colour reflecting from the casing which I think looks good.

I thought a neutral colour might be on the market by now but obviously not.

I was only able to get the red casing myself.

When the lights are off you can see a bit of a red colour reflecting from the casing which I think looks good.

I thought a neutral colour might be on the market by now but obviously not.

Hi may I know which year is your superb? The seller mention 2010 onwards models may need resistors..

Just an update on this Alltronix bulb http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330720882406?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Had my first bulb failure after 9 months and about 6,000 miles (not just a bulb warning). I’ll try one more of the latest version but any more problems I'll be reluctantly returning to standard P21s.

Got my first bulb out on my MTEC super white, lasted less than 6 months. Seller is going to replace.

But I'm bored of seeing the big blue bulb sitting in the housing. Was going to try the alltronix but can't see it on sale. Then I stumbled on these from alltronix: http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=517

850 lumens seems lighthouse bright to me. Anyone tried them?

Has anyone tried LEDs in the foglights?  I'd really like Night Breakers, but they don't seem to make them in H8 size.

I'm going to order either the UCP LEDs or these CREE ones (http://www.hids-direct.co.uk/382-p21w-5w-cree-smd-canbus-led-bulbs-white/for the DRL - Alltronix don't seem to offer the original £15 bulb, and I don't really fancy seeing a red tinge all the time - the big blue MTEC bulb is bad enough.

Edited by JakeBlade

• 2 weeks later...

FYI first one of these died today, so after about 10 months of use.

The same thing happened to me recently (post #146), so I ordered one of these to try http://www.alltronix.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=517 .

I went to fit the new one today and while I was there with the light fitment out, I thought I'd try the "dead" bulb in the opposite side fitment. It worked perfectly, so I tried it back in the original fitment and it still worked. So now I have a resurrected bulb and a spare new one.

As a unscientific direct comparison - the new Alltronix bulb was brighter and whiter that the old one.