Should all New Fabia vRS mK2 be covered by a 5 year /60000miles warranty by Skoda UK

If the Skoda product was as good as Skoda/VW claim

5 years/100,000 miles for all major components across the model range.

(and btw.,I think ALL car warranties should cover items costing more than "x" £stg to replace, as the owner can reasonably pay for the low cost items after say the first 3 years)

after all kia/hyaundi can do it

• Like 1

As you have pointed out, Skoda are a business; they will approach things from a purely rational, commercial perspective. On that basis I cannot see ANY likelihood that they will offer a retrospective five year warranty to existing owners or even to new owners of their existing range.

Skoda must have a pretty fair idea as to how much they are having to shell out in order to rectify problems with the Mk. 2 Fabia vRS and of any significant adverse impact those problems are having on their reputation - negligible I suspect.

I imagine that the development of the CTHE engine is as far as VAG (and Skoda) are going to go in relation to the Mk. 2 Fabia vRS and other cars using the Twincharged 1.4 TSI engine.  If anyone believes otherwise, they should try smoking something else ;)

Hopefully Skoda will catch up with the Rising Sun with the Mk. 3 :wonder:

Sorry vxh26

Their business is only as good as the CUSTOMER ALLOWS .

What happened to "Customer is King" and all that Company Ethos crap .

Customer Ethos at Skoda was "Happy Customer" don't appear to see that on their MARKETING anymore!

• 2 months later...

http://volkswagenag.com/content/vwcorp/info_center/en/news/2014/06/tsi.html

http://www.volkswagenag.com/content/vwcorp/info_centre/en/news/2014/06/tsi.html

VORSRUNG DURCH TECHNIK.

The Volkswagen Group are very happy again to have won the Engine of the Year.  9 times in a row now.

They must be very proud of their Senior Management & Customer Services at VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi

'Head in the Sand and treat the Buyers of the bad ones they built like dirt on their shoes'.

• Like 1

Forgotten I'd raised this thread, unfortunately the cars are being run down now, in New build terms.

But the sentiment still applies MUST BE 5 YEAR WARRANTY until phased out !

Customer reassurance, after committing their hard earned cash to a iffy motor! Even with the CTHE INTRODUCTIONS IN LATE 2012.

If Kia can offer a 7 year warranty then Skoda's 3 years is pretty embarrassing. I appreciate that the majority of car makers is pretty much 3 years and I know that the majority of VAG cars are solid but if that's the case, then I can't see why they aren't confident enough/able to offer more than 3?

My Fab VRS warranty is out in October. Still deciding on what to do really...part of me thinks it too much money - £500+ for an extra year?

If Kia can offer a 7 year warranty then Skoda's 3 years is pretty embarrassing. I appreciate that the majority of car makers is pretty much 3 years and I know that the majority of VAG cars are solid but if that's the case, then I can't see why they aren't confident enough/able to offer more than 3?

My Fab VRS warranty is out in October. Still deciding on what to do really...part of me thinks it too much money - £500+ for an extra year?

Ask Skoda UK FOR ADDITIONAL 2 YEARS FREE or at worst half price deal for all vRS CUTOMERS. 

'2 Years Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' is £547 or less with Car Care Plan,  who is Skoda by another name.   '£399 for 1 year'.

Or maybe less with Car Care Plan online.

Worth its weight in Gold IMO with a vRS Twincharger.

• Like 1

That sounds like a pretty good idea :-). Worth a try I guess. Has it be known to work. Any idea?

Most people having gone through all the hoops and heartache ,to get a repalcement engine,have received only one year free ,offered under undue pressue from Skoda UK. As normal a derisery offer. 

My mums 2010 VRS was just about to come off warranty so she bought the extra 2 years from her local dealer cost £599

Just remember any warranty you buy does not give you the cover or peace of mind as the original 3 year warranty.

There are exclusions and the warranty company will try to wriggle out of paying if you let them as this is how they make a profit.

Which is why I'd strongly advise anyone buying new to add the 5 year option warranty to the order.

As this extends the level of the cover on the 3 year Skoday warranty to 5 years.

It is superior to an "aftermarket" warranty, even one bought at a dealership.

• Like 2

For those buying Used Cars or ones already out of the 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty.

'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty',  Provided by 'Car Care Plan' ltd

'Car Care Plan ltd,  owned by Volkswagen Group ultimately.   

http://carcareplan.co.uk/about.html

You can buy Direct from 'Car Care Plan ltd', often cheaper than at the Dealership where the Commission is going to the Dealership 

or the Employee.

(I am happy for the Employee to get the Commission at my Local Dealership, because she is Brilliant and makes the Effort,

where lots of Dealerships Sales & Service Staff & Skoda Customer Services are not interested in getting Information for you on Extended Warranties on Used Cars.)

Just remember any warranty you buy does not give you the cover or peace of mind as the original 3 year warranty.

There are exclusions and the warranty company will try to wriggle out of paying if you let them as this is how they make a profit.

Which is why I'd strongly advise anyone buying new to add the 5 year option warranty to the order.

As this extends the level of the cover on the 3 year Skoday warranty to 5 years.

It is superior to an "aftermarket" warranty, even one bought at a dealership.

This is the Skoda warranty . As I understood it you used to have to buy the extended warranty at point of sale but that is no longer the case according to our local dealer. They were happy to sell the extended 2 years to my mum , she also benefits from the roadside assistance as well so its exactly the same warranty as the 3 year one.

We did look at aftermarket warranties and there are some good ones , warranty companies make money as not many major components fail on modern cars (apart from VW's :)) and many parts are affected by wear and tear so not convered anyhow. Its the same as any other insurance product

The Dealer or the person at the Dealership were wrong.

To Extend the 3 Year Manufacturers Warranty to 5 Years you need to Buy that before the Car is First Registered,

& it is quite  a Bargain IMO.

Yes there are Exclusions, and Wear & Tear Exclusions, Only first 6 Months items etc.

http://skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/Brochures/Warranty-Booklet-single.pdf

The 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' has some other Exclusions and you are best to read and Understand these.

& things like paying For Diagnosis of Faults, Removal of Parts, Stripping of etc @ your own Expense, & Claims under Warranty etc.

It is still worth its weight in Gold IMO for a Twincharger.

But you really need to Read the Policy Manual.

george

• Like 1

This is the Skoda warranty . As I understood it you used to have to buy the extended warranty at point of sale but that is no longer the case according to our local dealer. They were happy to sell the extended 2 years to my mum , she also benefits from the roadside assistance as well so its exactly the same warranty as the 3 year one.

That's news to me.

I think you are getting confused between the "extended warranty" you have to buy before taking delivery of your new car and the "approved warranty" that a dealer sells you afterwards.  Which is bought from an aftermarket warranty company and sold on to you.

They are not the same and as far as I know do not have the same level of cover.

I asked my dealer six months ago and they confirmed this was the case.

When you take out an "Approved Warranty" you should get a warranty booklet.

This includes what is covered and is supplied by Car Plan etc...

You don't get that with a new car that has the extended 5 year warranty, for a reason.

• Like 1

The booklet is all Skoda , looks like I was right and the dealer was wrong but what she has is most certainly a Skoda warranty and not aftermarket

Have you received the Certificate in the post yet from 'Car Care Plan ltd',  made up of 2 x 12 months cover,  

& the Policy Booklet ?

'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty', & 'Skoda Assistance' if you Buy that,

Provided & Underwritten by Care Care Plan ltd.

Arranged & sold to you by Skoda Uk.

I was given a extended 12 month warranty by SUK, which I had my engine changed in. I was told after they tried to get good will from factory that the SUK would have to pay for parts and labour through the extended warranty. If it with care plan how come someone in the skoda network had to come look at my car and authorise the repair?

I'm confused now with this extended warranty and who it with lol

Coz,

you got a Skoda Warranty for 1 year on a used car.   Which is not really the same as a 'Skoda APPROVED extended Warranty'.

So 

* Skoda Manufacturers Warranty *, 3 years or 5 years in the UK. (2 years in some other Countries & World Regions)

* Skoda Used Car Warranty.*   Comes with a Used Car.

* Skoda Approved Extended Warranty. *      Bought to cover a car out of the Manufacturers Warranty'.

Maybe that is where the difference is.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Thought of the day.

If you have a Skoda Fabia MK2 vRS

& it is nearly out of the Original Manufacturers Warranty or Extended or Used car Warranty.

& it has a Full Service Record & Standard Engine & MAP.

Maybe best to arrange an Extended Warranty sooner rather than later.

Maybe a 'Skoda Approved Extended Warranty' for 2 years.

• Like 1

Based on the current Customer feedback ,this should be the minimum offered in the purchase package for the New Vehicle Customer.

What are your views on this and have you recently purchased new,ordered and  or acquired a low mileage Dealer demo.

Yes they should give 5 year 100k warranty. For this reason I will be looking at Toyota or Hyundai next. VAG need to keep up with the competition.

On the subject of Skoda extended warranty I rung Skoda Uk last May. I was told if you want an extended warranty the dealer will sell you a CarCare plan one. You cannot have the Manufacturers warranty extended. They told me you can only buy this as an optional extra on a new car at the time of purchase.