Interesting guide about 1.4tsi fundamental design problems

An interesting review of past problems with the 1.4 Twincharged engine. One can't overlook that his problems began with a 2010 version. As he suggests, VAG have made changes in the interim and his opening paragraph and  subsequent comments give an indication that he may have pushed the engine beyond its design limit.

I suspect that the most important lesson to take from Mark's review is that you should think VERY carefully before buying a used Fabia vRS!

But vxh26,you have been digesting all  the facts from many threads on this site for the last year or so.

I would have thought that you had already concluded -"not for me" with the George's considerable assistance and many others.

Hope the Fabia mk3 "safe model" will meet with your approval and you will at last choose  to purchase the Brand and hence enjoy the experience of many other.

• Like 1

Already had the breather modification fitted. it just seems to be 'To me, To you' with Skoda, i'm still pursuing my case. However, if worst comes to worst is there any way I could get hold of the parts myself? 

Keep pushing your case with SKODA UK CS./ VAG

They owe you and no doubt many others a proper resolution, at their expense and not yours.

• 3 weeks later...

The Seat Leon Cupra 280 DSG is the big brother to the Twinchargers IMO.

A Leon Cupra Sub 8 would be nice.

& slightly used Cupra 280 DSG will cost no more than the New Polo GTI 2015,

that will be no faster than the 4 year old cars.

3,000 vRS around, some with their 3rd engines now fitted, & another 4,000 Polo, Ibiza & A1 1.4 TSI CAVE & CTHE

there will be Twincharger around for long enough,

& at cheap enough prices.

Edited by goneoffSKi
  • Like 1

The Seat Leon Cupra 280 DSG is the big brother to the Twinchargers IMO.

A Leon Cupra Sub 8 would be nice.

& slightly used Cupra 280 DSG will cost no more than the New Polo GTI 2015,

that will be no faster than the 4 year old cars.

3,000 vRS around, some with their 3rd engines now fitted, & another 4,000 Polo, Ibiza & A1 1.4 TSI CAVE & CTHE

there will be Twincharger around for long enough,

& at cheap enough prices.

Leon 280 sounds awesome! Love how they look from the outside, just not so sure on the interior tbh.

I've no doubt they'll be around for a while. Youd have another tomorrow then? You love em dontcha mate ;) aha :).

• Like 1

Brian i am taking a 5 Year old Twincharger down to the Santa Pod meet.

All standard, including rear weights still on, 50,000 miles plus & it takes about 2 litres of oil for each 10,000 miles covered.

Looking forward to seeing you there,

and some of the other first Mk2 Fabia vRS that are still fitted with their original engines.

george

• Like 1

Post #1 might interest vhz26 who for some reason thinks that the Design & Manufacturing faults & Quality Control 

are some Internet Myth.

& a conspiracy since 2009-2010 - 2014 against Volkswagen that build the Engines, and the 4 manufacturers that 

fit them, VW, Skoda, Seat & Audi.

• Like 1

Hmmm just read this and now I'm worried, I wanted to buy a 2011 vrs this weekend :s

Can anyone assure me I'm doing the right thing?

It's going to be a second car and mainly doing short journeys

the car I'm interested in is a 2011 model, done 35k and has FSH

Just check the Service History and the Warranty History.

One that had the Engine Replaced is OK.

I would not buy one that had an Oil Consumption Test & a Breather Valve / Pipe Mod & ECU Update.

Unless they are still under the Original 3 Year Warranty.

But that upsets people that are selling them.

• Like 1