Parking on the tram tracks......

AndyC

I wonder what the back story to this was, as I can't imagine anyone would intentionally block a tram.

She was probably either not familiar with the trams-or thought that by pulling up the kerb as far as poss that the gap wide enough to pass-and may have had to abandon the car swiftly in what she thought was the best place; late for an interview, needing the loo, had to drop an urgent document or parcel but was held up etc. 

It's annoying for the tram users, but you can see how it could have happened innocently easily enough...

All of us have parked on the yellows at some stage!

It's like a pack mentality; stone her, stone her....!!

I doubt she'll do it again, enough of the madness!

I would have just rolled the car onto its roof rather than bumping it onto the pavement.

Lol my thought too, should have left it on its side.

Lol my thought too, should have left it on its side.

and let the tyres down? should have got a huge fine and had her car towed, ignorance isn't a defence Having had a car park over my drive I can understand the fury everyone would have felt, thankfully our local police and fire service had to attend an incident in our road and removed the car, was very gratifying to tell the person where there £75k RS6 was :notme:

• Like 1

ignorance isn't a defence

exactly what I was thinking, when she says she's never been to Nottingham before, I was thinking that it must be alright to park wherever the hell you like in her home town on double yellows

The problem is more the lack of enforcement these days. Now I know we all find Parking Enforcement a pain at times - but there are Double Yellow lines there for a reason, but they are only of any use if there is sufficient enforcement.

I've noticed more and more vehicles parked on Double Yellow Lines in the last ten years.

Paul

The problem is more the lack of enforcement these days. Now I know we all find Parking Enforcement a pain at times - but there are Double Yellow lines there for a reason, but they are only of any use if there is sufficient enforcement.

I've noticed more and more vehicles parked on Double Yellow Lines in the last ten years.

Paul

Come to Grantham, everyone parks on double yellows down the high street and nothing is down about it, even though  it brings the town to a standstill. I'm really glad i live in a village.

In most countries the tram would have simply moved the car out of the way!

Mind you, years ago I was on the train going down the Quay at Weymouth and they had to bounce a Mk 1 Cortina off the tracks so that we could get by (it was when the trains went to the terminal to connect with the Channel Islands boat).  The train would have moved it with less effort, mind.

Had a similar woman driver outside a school yesterday - a queue of cars that werent going anywhere fast (as usual), so she just left her car and wandered off to find her brats (and they are brats - the whole family are).

Five minutes later and the cars in front have moved on, but no sign of her and no other car can get out of the cul-de-sac because hers is still blocking the road.

Five minutes AFTER THAT, I heard her telling the Headmaster that "I am too embarrassed to go and move it now).

Flip it on its roof, or if light enough, carry it over and leave it on the wrong side of a drainage ditch!! (seen that done to a mini).

Years ago some numpty parked their car blocking other cars in in our Sports club car park. He came out of the club a couple of hours later to find it balanced and rocking on the sills on the thin grass verge separating the car park from the pitch. Priceless

and let the tyres down? should have got a huge fine and had her car towed, ignorance isn't a defence Having had a car park over my drive I can understand the fury everyone would have felt, thankfully our local police and fire service had to attend an incident in our road and removed the car, was very gratifying to tell the person where there £75k RS6 was :notme:

Hmmm, was it on fire at the time? ;)

I would've thought the two big metal rails that she drove over are a good sign that there might be a tram or something like that?

Not only that, but there's a tram stop literally just out of shot, 50 yards up the road. And lots of big overhead wiring. I just don't get how you can miss it.

• Like 1

Have we!!!, Double Yellows!!, thats the attitude that leads to problems

I haven't! As people have said, there needs to be more parking enforcement. I don't see why people get angry at parking wardens. Don't park like an idiot and you'll be fine. The double yellows are obviously there for a reason.

We get loads doing it round here, so the lazy ******s have a shorter walk to the chippy. Blocking off narrow roads and obscuring junctions. Complete idiots.

• Like 1

Have we!!!, Double Yellows!!, thats the attitude that leads to problems

So you have never done it once, since you have passed your test in all the time you have been driving, just for a few minutes or tp post a letter?

You will be in a tiny, tiny minority if this really is true-and I'm not sure I believe it.

I had a traffic warden demanding to see my ticket before I had even managed to get out of the car today; let alone get to the Pay&Display Machine.

It is usually SAFER (fiscally), to park on the double yellows, because all the wardens are prowling the carparks waiting for you to overstay by 0.0001 seconds!!!

So you have never done it once, since you have passed your test in all the time you have been driving, just for a few minutes or tp post a letter?

You will be in a tiny, tiny minority if this really is true-and I'm not sure I believe it.

not once mate, life has enough problems without creating unnessecary problems