Where do you put your phones?

So recently just jumped on the skoda bandwagon and I'm super excited...now here comes my first noob question - where do you guys put your phones? The little phone holder that comes standard is just too tiny for android phones I've been using the little sliding storage compartment under the centre console but interested in seeing where others have there's? Pics would be good to

I've got a Brodit holder for mine - only disappointment is that I've had to get a vent mount as they don't do a centre console version for the mk3 Octy.

I did consider leaving it in the sliding compartment in front of the gear lever or on the cup holder as the phone control men's that you don't need access to the handset for calls etc, but I stream a lot of music via Spotify so need to access the handset for that.

The sliding cover compartment is clearly the designed place, since (depending on your options) it's inductively connected to the roof antenna. However I've been pondering on getting one of these Belkin cup holders. This way I can use it for watching TV while parked among other things.

Pv8Kz3o.jpg

Edited by kallekilponen

I have a small silicone mat off eBay. On top of the dash in centre. A lead runs up to this and is clipped to vent. Only need it open to use co pilot,so have a small window suction mount for this.

As the vRS does not have the box compartment antenna-connected and I need to keep the display in view anyway (speed trap notifications, gps speed tracker etc) I bought me one of these for a tenner:

navigatie-houder-zwart.jpg

Barely fits my oversized Huawei phone but it works, even in tight and fast corners. Using a usb 12 volt lead to power it, still need to fix an elegant solution for that.

I have a small silicone mat off eBay. On top of the dash in centre. A lead runs up to this and is clipped to vent. Only need it open to use co pilot,so have a small window suction mount for this.

I put one of those silicone mats on a previous car dash & after several weeks it had stuck firm to the dash & left an indented outline of itself when I removed it. That indent never recovered it's shape & was commented upon when I traded the car in. Be careful it might cost you money!!

Kalpat. Are you sure it was silicone, mine lifts easily, no marks.I tried those self adhesive mounts, and when the sun came out, it fell off.

Positive - apparently it was caused by the sun which under the windscreen intensified the heat to the point that caused it to grip the dashboard which made an indentation. Mine did lift off easily at first, but after leaving it in position for quite a while over the summer that was the result. Might not cause you a problem but thought I would share my experience as it cost me money on my p\ex.

Bring back the old metel dashes of the 1960's. Put a magnetic strip on the phone back, and away you go..... Just respray it once a week. Glad mobiles weren't around then.

• Like 1

Yeah, it was designed for an Iphone so, I've gotta agree.... tat 

I've got an iPhone, and I agree... mainly because my iPhone doesn't fit in it (a 6+).

I think it was probably designed for an iPod Classic.

Yeah for me remembering to turn bluetooh on and more importantly turn it off again was never going to happen.

The app is called Tasker, it's a bit of a faff to set up but once done you can do pretty much anything you want, turn anything on/off based on anything else. I have it just turn bluetooth on when charging, but if you didn't want it on when charging elsewhere then you can use some other criteria. Having an NFC tag in the car would work for example, tasker could turn on bluetooth when phone senses it. You could even turn bluetooth on when moving over a certain speed or something like that, that one although awesome would kill the battery though!

Edited by Dr_Pepper

I've got a Brodit holder for mine - only disappointment is that I've had to get a vent mount as they don't do a centre console version for the mk3 Octy.

I have the Brodit centre console mount which I transferred over from my Superb II, it fits ok, but just needed a bit of double sided tape to hold it tight against the dash. Only slight issue is it partially covers the top section of the passenger side temperature display screen but I can still see all the numbers, so works well for me as I use the phone to display a speed camera app.

VW have the factory option of advance telephone prep which I have......................

nice snug wide stretchy band holder in the cubby under the front arm rest......................& not only does it use the blue tooth but also the cars external aerial!.............. :p

I've got a magnetic wireless charger thaty phone simply sticks to. I need to mount it in the car as I had it on a little mount on the a pillar in my previous car. Its great, no wires or silly clips...

You do need to have a decent phone that supports wireless charging though ;-)

I just stick mine in the drivers door bin; with bluetooth (and the fact I dont make/receive lots of calls in the car) it does the job.

Ive had higher end Samsung devices for a number of years (I work in mobility so regular change of phone part of the job) and they are all typically too big to fit anywhere else.

That said now running an S5 Mini and that would fit in the Front compartment.....if it werent for the fact i had nearly a year of fuel receipts in there haha

I've got an iPhone, and I agree... mainly because my iPhone doesn't fit in it (a 6+).

I think it was probably designed for an iPod Classic.

Agreed. My iPhone 5 fits fine, my wife's 6 doesn't fit at all.