No spare wheel

Carlodiesel

For those of you with no spare wheel.

You have goo & compressor?

How about one of these...

I made an Offer and got it for £18 free p&p.

Very good bit of kit. 

I carry one on the bike as well.

$_12.JPG

eBay item number:

used these 40 years ago but I think they are not legal in the uk as the plug should be fitted from the inside with a patch over the plug to stop it coming out

Surely the 'plug' has to be pulled through from the inside of the tyre?

So you're going to stop at the roadside, Jack the car up, remove the wheel, dismount the tyre from the rim. . . . . ?

Guy

No, I know someone who uses that kit. You drill the hole out with the hand drill, then push a mushroom plug in using the ratchet, pull it back so the head spreads and trim off the excess. Takes longer to reinflate than fix the hole.

Legality aside, I'd rather one of those than the can of shaving foam. However, I always carry a spare. But I am considering one of those kits as an emergency backup.

I used to use a kit similar to that one for all my punctures in the 70's with no problems at all. I didn't realise you could still get them. I'll certainly be getting one.

These have been around for years for motorbikes. I also carry one in my car and on my bike. They are as legal as a sealant supplied by the manufacturers as they do the same job, a temporary repair.

My nephew here in the Mayenne carries and uses his on a Jumpy or Jumper(no not a sweater) medium sized van, whilst here a couple of years ago he also plugged one of my winters, we had over a tonne of slate in a trailer and on board, it worked a treat however I did get a proper repair later - the depot did say it was fine though!

And none of them are technically legal to use in the UK!

According to a "RIDE" magazine article on tyre repairs this month there is no law regarding tyre repairs in the UK. There is a British Standard BSAU159f that repairers may follow, but that is not a legal requirement.

I carry the 'mushroom' bungs and some CO2 cannisters on the bike - I have never used them yet but would only ever consider them a temporary fix, not least because they will unbalance the tyre.  I am aware of people who have used these repairs and carried on as normal until tyre replacement time.

TBH I hadn't even thought about keeping them with the car, but now I have I think I will!  Obviously no need for the CO2, just carry a pump.

In addition to the jack and spare, I always carry these items in the car:

Viair-300P.jpg

Wuumlrth-kit-a.jpg

Wuumlrth-kit-b.jpg

And YES, this works -I have not yet had a flat tyre on the Yeti.
But have repaired a few tyres on other cars with nail or screw causing a puncture.
I regret I didn't have a kit like this back when I drove the G-Classes. They were magnets to all kinds of punctures and other tyre defects.

In addition to the jack and spare, I always carry these items in the car:

Viair-300P.jpgWuumlrth-kit-a.jpgWuumlrth-kit-b.jpg

And YES, this works -I have not yet had a flat tyre on the Yeti.

But have repaired a few tyres on other cars with nail or screw causing a puncture.

I regret I didn't have a kit like this back when I drove the G-Classes. They were magnets to all kinds of punctures and other tyre defects.

I had a puncture in the ROS tyre of my Yeti repaired with that kit when I was in Ireland about 4 years ago. No problems and tyre still going strong thousands of miles later. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I have never seen them, or anything similar, on sale over here.

There's dozens of them on ebay and Amazon. Just google tyre repair kit. A Cheap £5 job uses the sealant strips. You can spend as much as you want. Stop and go are more expensive but are a good plug type repair kit.

If it's for the car then you don't need CO2 cylinders just use the compressor supplied or buy a cheap compressor.