Bag yourself a 3.6.

Searching the Internet for anything to do with the very rare 3.6 Berb, I came across for sale on Desperate seller a black hatch 2009 Elegance spec'd 3.6, full Skoda history 45k miles for sale at £8,995. Must be some Briskies on here looking for one of these think it's located Watford way.

Not for me I'm afraid I'm after the estate version but thought I'd share on here.

• Like 3

It is a dealer in Watford or rather that is the clear indication from the photographs. Although it mentions a couple of times about "Park Assist" I could not see any front wheel arch sensor. It does look quite nice from the photograph.

• Like 1

With a combined consumption of 28mpg (so most likely low 20's in practice) and £490 a year in road tax, it's not the cost of buying the car that's the problem!

• Like 1

I'm sure it's never going to be economical to run but I would expect the 3.6 to get high 20's to the gallon in the real world , my 3.7 370z averages 28mpg and it's an auto , the manuals get a little more and I don't take it easy

I think the 3.6 is a bit of a bargain there are a few new ones at dealers at the moment and I seriously considered one instead of the mk3 VRS , considering spec and performance you get a lot for your money.

Road tax is no big deal really it's small potatoes compared to depreciation

In my mind the cost of running the 3.6 would be no different than running a used Jeep Grand Cherokee or VW tourage (2007) or a pick up truck Nissan Navara or Isuzu Rodeo (2006-2009) Toyota Hilux nice but pricey,apart from the Berb would be newer and far more reliable not to mention faster.

As I require a vehicle that has a huge boot/ load area I think the 3.6 makes the best choice, my milage from August is going to reduce from around 18-20k a year back to normal'ish 12k so the saving on the reduced milage should cover a few months driving a 3.6 estate just got to find one, it would be easier to find the Holy Grail.

• Like 1

I'm sure it's never going to be economical to run but I would expect the 3.6 to get high 20's to the gallon in the real world , my 3.7 370z averages 28mpg and it's an auto , the manuals get a little more and I don't take it easy

I think the 3.6 is a bit of a bargain there are a few new ones at dealers at the moment and I seriously considered one instead of the mk3 VRS , considering spec and performance you get a lot for your money.

Road tax is no big deal really it's small potatoes compared to depreciation

I have had mine for a couple of months now. Forget red dot this and Skoda computer that....by emptying the tank to fumes, filling up and simply doing the miles until empty again I get between 30 to 33 mpg. Motorway, town etc. Sorry it's not worse for some but that is the fact. Light right foot? Maybe...sometimes...however....

If I floor it and have a hoon the lowest I have had was 23 mpg I think (on another thread somewhere). But how often do I do that....once a month?

Totally agree about the bargain second hand prices (my 2010 car was a steal on the new price) BUT used prices rising already with news that no V6 (or v8) is available in the MK3 superb. Rarity, demand = used prices are on the rise. Diesel car prices are falling like potatoes off a cliff currently and notably middle to top end execs from Audi/BMW and Mercedes oil burners. Lovely cars for many but how many reps bomb up and down motorways in top exec diesel cars? Not many...and governments across Europe are slowly milking the diesel to oblivion at the pumps and in tax (despite all the hype at the beginning).

I think folk need to stop 'worrying for others' about big engined petrol cars...but secretly I hope they don't because the more they spread stories about 'shock mpg and high tax' then there are bargains to be had by those who can take advantage of all the Jackanory stuff.

Just sayin'...my tuppence worth :)

• Like 3

I have had mine for a couple of months now. Forget red dot this and Skoda computer that....by emptying the tank to fumes, filling up and simply doing the miles until empty again I get between 30 to 33 mpg. Motorway, town etc. Sorry it's not worse for some but that is the fact. Light right foot? Maybe...sometimes...however....

Just sayin'...my tuppence worth :)

Yep that's kinda what I would expect , large capacity engines are often more economical than people think and do seem to vary much less between being driven hard and taking it easy

I found it easy to get my fabia vrs to drop into the high teens / low 20's if in the right mood :)

• Like 2

Yep that's kinda what I would expect , large capacity engines are often more economical than people think and do seem to vary much less between being driven hard and taking it easy

I found it easy to get my fabia vrs to drop into the high teens / low 20's if in the right mood :)

This is true. I had in the past, a 500 sel and had no trouble getting 30 mpg from it. If you can control the loud pedal these large capacity engines are not that frightening on fuel as expected.

Yes you are right about the large capacity engines, my 3.7 V8 Audi with just short of 300BHP from a non turbo engine will quiet happily do low 30s MPG on a steady run. however around town its usually high teens to low 20s.

• Like 1

Wont make as much power on lpg , if you arent careful mapped CR170's will be quicker :)

• Like 1

My mate has a 400bhp nissan 200sx and an Audi S6 4.2 V8 running on LPG. Did the conversions himself and they run sweet as a nut. They do have reduced power slightly. But when he wants all of the grunt, he flicks a switch and off he goes!

I had around 35mpg regularly out of my Audi 3.2 V6. That Superb is a bargain, as long as the tax doesn't offend you.

• Like 1

1.50 for LPG, you are definitely wrong there. LPG is about 90c per litre.

Sorry bout that I misunderstood. I was quoting the price for Petrol. Haven't a clue about the price of LPG.. Still think he should be shot though :)

Got it on my watch list on Autotrader. Heart says buy it.... Head says buy a diesel!!!

You only live once ignore your head that is one heck of a motor bet you could nudge the price down aswell.

• Like 3