steering wheel badge

This looks like an insanely bad idea.  

They make these badges really hard to remove for a reason.  So cutting a raggedy hole in the airbag cover, then using some glue to hold the badge in, is nuts.

I hope no one who has done this has an accident - they're quite likely to lose an eye when the pressure ejects the badge from the hole in the steering wheel at 200MPH...

I need one of the Gel stickers for my steering wheel, if anyone knows where to get them other then Ali express let me know.

Ive looking all over.

:nerd:

PastyBadge Group Buy on this forum?

He's about to put a print run together imminently.

Mine did not stick around the edges due to the badge being convex (not to mention that it didn’t look great)

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed all the Ebay people last month and all of them just seem to buy them in for the wheel centres and cant do custom sizes sadly, all it needs is a gel sticker to be heated over the top of the old one like the original poster did..... I really want this as I dont like looking at the old logo all the time!

Hi Silverdale, I am in the same position and would like a Gel badge for the steering wheel. I have found a seller on eBay that seems to say they will make customer Gel badges of any design. I have emailed them today to see if they can make a Skoda version for me.

Search for this item number 252028172988...should be stick-it signs.....

Has anyone had any experience with them? I will let everyone know if I get a reply.

I trust I am right in thinking its 42mm for the steering wheel centre?.. Please let me know Squattingbeaver what he says -- its quite a bit cheaper than the US option

Cheers

Morning

Just had a reply back and he had said these will be no problem and he has done quite a few of them...so I have taken the plunge and ordered one...I went for 41mm to hopefully get the Chrome of the original badge going round...If the quality is good and I need one a bit bigger I will have to order.

Thanks squatting beaver maybe you can update when it comes and what's it like as I agree about the silver ring so not sure what size also ..I will wait until yours comes before deciding ...cheers

Thanks squatting beaver maybe you can update when it comes and what's it like as I agree about the silver ring so not sure what size also ..I will wait until yours comes before deciding ...cheers

Hi, the gel badge arrived today, I am pleasantly surprised, nice chrome effect. Fit was good and left the old metal rim visible which is what I wanted.

I will need to stare at it more to fully get used to it and see how it lasts. It stuck well with a quick blow with the hairdryer to make sure it bent a little round.

I will let you draw your own conclusions from pics

42bac53948142ebf8fcbfb38e137befd.jpga4b7e321ae0c4867af9eff556c0e00e3.jpg47cc245031df9467c616376cc86cc3d7.jpg

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Looks good! - I ordered one and got it today and will fit it later .. I queried the size and they told it was 42mm for my car so maybe they sent you 42mm despite ordering 41mm as the original poster has the silver ring showing?

• 1 year later...
On 27/06/2015 at 14:49, mbirkely said:

It is possible to remove the cover at de mount the old logo from behind. I have done it 3 times myself.

It takes a little effort to mount the new ones.

6a29de0f7a87786325a0600106fa2212.jpg

a23b2d1c76daf1ce469bafc0a3c187e1.jpg

85d73fbaf4c89781ad312dab61e2d0da.jpg

Reviving an old thread...

mbirkley, or anyone else: how do you remove JUST the cover from the airbag assembly?  I have mk3 one from a breakers but the chrome is flaking off the badge.  I've sourced a couple of badges from deplored bags from a breaker, but it seems a real struggle to get the old cover off.

Also, and this may make me sound stupid, I've never handled an airbag before so I have so far been a bit cautious so far.

Any words of advice (apart from the defeatist "DON'T DO IT") would be gratefully received.

Hey.

the airbag til o3 is different than to The o2 and fl.

Here is a guide (in Danish) but the pictures will tell the story ;)

it looks like your airbag is just put together by plastic clips around the cover.

https://lookaside.fbsbx.com/file/Montering af nyt airbag logo..pdf?token=AWy9-kmqQLBE8a-r6hVQV9U1mpbTJ-9sc6kWwshRN7o1wtfwBz8PX9EdI5Sp2UWRe4uQ7EV6-otHxb0nnVNM5cckjo5-zQavX44g1Eyycc-Nh2aJelDY02CZfej9eP7OnBbAlf-VquYKNdT4yraW-g37J8IIUlTatJpvN1Wd-E_vx9ZlBdnuCejcjB73EaYetfg

49 minutes ago, mbirkely said:

it looks like your airbag is just put together by plastic clips around the cover.

It looks like it should pull off without disassembling anything else, but the cover won't seem to budge when I release the clips. 

2 minutes ago, mrhappy said:

It looks like it should pull off without disassembling anything else, but the cover won't seem to budge when I release the clips. 

Sorry. Cant help you there!

• 2 weeks later...

So I obtained 2no. badges from the top flap of deployed airbags from a breakers.  They're easy to cut off, then break off the plastic blobs on the back of the badge. 

The tabs don't protrude enough through the holes in the cover to melt and secure them.  This was my own airbag, so I used hotmelt glue on the back of the badge, superglue in the tabs in the holes and then filled with hotmelt on the back.  It should be secure enough, but if I do another one I may pilot some small holes in a few tabs and thread some tying wire though on the inside of the cover, then use hotmelt to secure and cover the wire. 

I plan on doing my Octavia mk2, preFL airbag with a view to selling.

IMAG1004s.jpg

IMAG1005s.jpg

IMAG1006s.jpg

IMAG1039s.jpg

IMAG1040s.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...