Chinese automatic headlight switch

I checked that connector and there is no empty slots: http://aijaa.com/IGd9wG

When I checked connector, I also noticed that old switch (w/o "auto"-position) has same part number (1Z0 941 431K) than this chinese switch is..I need to send that image to seller and let's see what is their response to that. Now they are just stuttering that I have purchased wrong part number switch...

If it has the auto setting on the switch I'd expect it to work. Just popped out to my car with factory fitted auto-lights and it's a different part: 1Z0 941 431J.

post-121621-0-78621900-1439104337_thumb.jpg

Edit:

Just grabbed some info from partsbase for you:

1Z0941431F combi-switch for side lights; and driving lights, rear fog; light and coming home

1Z0941431H combi-switch for automa-; tic driving lights, side and; driving lights, rear fog; light, coming home and; leaving home

1Z0941431J combi-switch for automatic; driving lights, side and; driving lights, rear fog; lamp, fog lights, coming; home and home leaving

1Z0941431K multiple switch for side; lights, headlights, front and; rear fog lights and; coming-home

The K rev doesn't seem to mention auto lights so I'm not sure what's happening if they are selling switches with the auto function under that part number. Where are you based? If you're local I could plug it into my car to confirm it's bad.

If it has the auto setting on the switch I'd expect it to work. Just popped out to my car with factory fitted auto-lights and it's a different part: 1Z0 941 431J.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150809_080755.jpg

Edit:

Just grabbed some info from partsbase for you:

1Z0941431F combi-switch for side lights; and driving lights, rear fog; light and coming home

1Z0941431H combi-switch for automa-; tic driving lights, side and; driving lights, rear fog; light, coming home and; leaving home

1Z0941431J combi-switch for automatic; driving lights, side and; driving lights, rear fog; lamp, fog lights, coming; home and home leaving

1Z0941431K multiple switch for side; lights, headlights, front and; rear fog lights and; coming-home

The K rev doesn't seem to mention auto lights so I'm not sure what's happening if they are selling switches with the auto function under that part number. Where are you based? If you're local I could plug it into my car to confirm it's bad.

Thanks for information. It seems that K-revision switch is without "auto"-position and J is with it.

So I bought K-revision switch, but in real life it is J-revision. And our Chinese fellows are saying that K-revision switch is not compatible with my car (because my old switch was w/o auto-position) and according them E-revision is only revision that will work with my car  :peek: . Is it possible to get switch information as a screenshot or link to source?

Thanks for information. It seems that K-revision switch is without "auto"-position and J is with it.

So I bought K-revision switch, but in real life it is J-revision. And our Chinese fellows are saying that K-revision switch is not compatible with my car (because my old switch was w/o auto-position) and according them E-revision is only revision that will work with my car  :peek: . Is it possible to get switch information as a screenshot or link to source?

If it is a real J rev, I'd expect it to work. I'm sure I've seen a pinout for the switch but can't remember where.

As it's a end of 2010 car it's probably a MY11 so info is from this page: http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2011-1z-b-000-001-94150-switches-in-dashboard-switches-in-central-console-control-unit-for-air-con-sun-sensor/

The E rev looks to be for a pre-FL so I would not expect that to be correct for your car: http://www.partsbase.org/skoda/octavia-oct-eu-2008-1z-8-000-001-94150-switches-in-dashboard-switches-in-central-console-control-unit-for-air-con-sun-sensor/

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to try and activate the auto lights with carista but for now the auto function works and when a little dark dims the drls and when darker activates the dipped beam. Ran the sensor cable in behind the fuse box as the cover is easy to take off with a screwdriver down low and then ran the cable at the base of the a pillar and fixed it down low on the a pillar.

With regards to getting a correct fit replacement my old switch model number was 1ZO 941 431 K

So I need one with auto and both fogs that can replace that.

• Like 1

How can you tell if your car has the light sensor ? possibly a silly question, just not sure what i should be looking for.

Thanks

Big thing stuck to the windscreen behind the review mirror. From the outside you can see the sensor in the centre of it.

I would guess it would already have an auto option on the light switch. I think in the cars equipped with auto from stock the sensor was in the rear view mirror unit.

You could get auto wipers without auto lights both use the same sensor (that's why it's the rain\light sensor). Mine was like that so I only needed to fit the new switch and a wire to have full auto lights.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Would eBay item 281482700781 help with the gap round the switch? Not sure what you mean exactly by a gap but it tidied up a scratch on my switch nicely...

I have a gap as in post 1 of this thread. You will notice there is more gap at the top than the bottom and that's because the outer bezel is actually wider at the top ie it's not perfectly circular. What I need is a switch as per post 17 which is you look closely is wider round the top than the bottom and fits perfectly.

Ah I see, the ring I pointed you to will be no good then sorry as it fits round the outer bezel. Hadn't noticed it wasn't quite circular actually ..

I'm going to try and activate the auto lights with carista but for now the auto function works and when a little dark dims the drls and when darker activates the dipped beam. 

Have I read this right, the auto function turns on side lights (when slightly dark) i.e. dimmed DRL's on the vRS and then full dipped headlights when darker?

I've never known this before on all my Skoda's the light sensor detects a low level of ambient light and goes straight to dipped headlights.

But do the side lights come on without dipped headlights when in Auto?

There is a separate sensor built into the dash that automatically adjusts the dash lights, but I was on the understanding this was operated separately to the exterior light sensor. 

Just another little update. The original switching had was part 1Z0941431K,the one that came with the kit was not, didn't note the model number but it started with a 5 I think and may be the MK4 golf fitting. Going to order just an auto switch with the same model number and think it will be all good.

e9330fd8cb20343f80851025bf86ece6.jpg72d8d1fdfbabb109aa4252c3e135fbdf.jpg8656ec31647fa3b4e56596394858de3d.jpg

Arrives today fitted in minutes works as it should do shame the golf switch is smaller so there is a gap at the top just got this search for a octavia switch now. But overall very pleased with it and how easy it is to do.