NOISE IN REAR SUSPENSION

Any reports of this happening on the Octavia 3?

Mines the 1.2 with the rear beam axle.

Happens on bumpy roads, speed bumps etc.

Car is 6 months old, 2800 miles

My dealer said that '3% of these cars are having this problem' with L&K combi... Anyone here with that modell and doesn't have the rattling? I'm going more and more annoyed by this, and thinking about taking my old Octavia instead until this is fixed :( No fun at all.

Skickat från min Nexus 6P via Tapatalk

I have the L&K Combi and can't say I have a recognisable rattle/ noise from the rear suspension (yet). The glove box does rattle a bit though and I have an intermittent vibration from the bulkhead area when cold and accelerating but only very limited period. That one is odd.

I have the L&K Combi and can't say I have a recognisable rattle/ noise from the rear suspension (yet). The glove box does rattle a bit though and I have an intermittent vibration from the bulkhead area when cold and accelerating but only very limited period. That one is odd.

The noise from the bulkhead when cold is noticeable on mine for about thirty seconds. When the engine was cold one morning I put my hand around what I think is the turbo/exhaust manifold area. Backs onto the bulkhead. Sounds a bit rattly and like the exhaust is blowing then noticed as it got warm a mechanism closed on my finger and noise went away. Must be something to do with air mixture when engine first starts up. Anyway whilst this was open I touched it and it stopped rattling and went much quieter. The rattling subsides when whatever the mechanism is and has closed and finished doing it s thing.

• Like 1

The rattle sound in rear suspension  is not only the problem with L&K combi cars. I have Superb Sedan Style 2.0 TSI (and not L&K) with DCC and the rattle exists in this modication as well. As I said in one of previous posts as insistently and consistently we all will make complaints to our dealers ar soon Skoda factory will finally find the real reason and solution for this problem. 

1. I refer to part No 3Q0505541, because this part No was written in service order what was given to me yesterday. Here is link where can find snap shot from the document. It's in latvian, but on the 3rd line is the No of the part https://failiem.lv/u/m96cmahz. And yes, my dealer said that Skoda Superb is buit on the same platform as new Passat - MQB. Therefore similarities shall be. Honestly speaking I haven't heard any complaints from Passat owners as well...

2. I can not really answer to your question, but when on January my dealer informed me that Skoda factory had recognized the problem, they insisted that these bushes are causing the rattling noise. In reality, since yesterday there is proof that bushes are not faulty.

3. When I asked my dealer some month ago similar question - Does Skoda stopped the production of this Superb model with DCC, the answer was - No. Skoda factory is continuing production and if there will be some complaints from some owners, they will change the part - bushes.

I can 100% agree with you, that there is something really strange in this case as I am already fighting and dealing with this problem for 4!!! months.

And one more strange aspect is that my dealer is saying that I am the only one owner in Latvia who is having such a problem, although they have sold several other Superb cars with the same modification and specification as I have. No complaints from other owners so far.

Thanks Deerjohn! I didn't meant those questions directly to you, but rather for everybody to think about. It is crazy that they keep on selling those cars! 

I have been told both from my dealer (a service manager there) and Finnish importer that all the cars with DCC have this problem and they know that in the factory and try to find a fix for that. I was not even at my dealer to show the problem - they believed that without even seeing the car. I think that pretty much confirms that all DCC-equipped cars really have the problem. My car is 2.0 TDI 110 kW Style with optional DCC. 

Having said that, now the weather was a bit warmer yesterday (up to +10 C) here in Finland, it seemed that the noise almost disappeared. So, it may have something to do with temperature. But definitely it has a lot to do with the road conditions and of course roads are also much better than during the wintertime.. In the winter, with icy and bumpy roads, it was terrible. So, if somebody cannot hear that, I recommend to find a bumpy road and drive it through slowly (10-15 mph). At higher speeds, the noise is hidden behind the tyre noise. 

Edited by SuperbMan71

Thanks SuperbMan71. In my post No50 I just tried to described the situation in Latvia and how my dealer is trying to solve this problem. However, I am surprised that your dealer is telling you that factory is still trying to find a fix for that as the factory was confident that solution would be replacement of wishbone bushes. At least my dealer was telling me this until 15th of March when they received these new bushes and replaced on my car. However, the result and solution is zero. No change, even worse. Was your dealer not mentioning that the solution would be replacement of bushes?
I can also confirm the phenomenon that when weather was becoming a bit warmer, rattling noise almost disappeared and appeared only rarely when driving over small bumps. However now, after 15th of March when the new bushes were installed on my car I can hear again rattle noise very often.

Im' pretty sure all Superbs with DCC has the issue. But some people may just not notice it. I'm one of those who hears and sees everything. But I'm still not as annoyed buy this "feature" as I expected to be.

My salesman here in Sweden has acknowledged the issue too. And asked me to report the fault to the workshop so that I can have it fixed when a fix is available.

I have a Superb L&K TDI190 DSG 4x4 with some extra features. Got it two weeks ago. :) And I knew about this issue before I picked it up from the dealer. So no surprise for me.

together with Deerjohn we have made comparative test drives -

noise is identical

Road type: pavement(stone blocks)

Speed: ~10km/h

Temperature: -1°C

Odometer: ~100km

audio sample: http://www.superfm.lv/m/Auto/Superb_2016/160319_01.mp3

Definately the noise I have on a L&K 280 TSI Estate. Am eagerly awaiting a news of a proper fix.

Definately the noise I have on a L&K 280 TSI Estate. Am eagerly awaiting a news of a proper fix.

Same here. But fortunately I rarely drive on stone blocks. :)

Are you sure this is only in the rear? Not also a bit in the front?

Is it only in rear? No issues in front? Why not?

Sent from my E6553 using Tapatalk

Probably because the rear suspension is totally different to the front. 

Any reports of this happening on the Octavia 3?

Mines the 1.2 with the rear beam axle.

Happens on bumpy roads, speed bumps etc.

Car is 6 months old, 2800 miles

I have rear susp noise when car "cold" over bumps etc... Oct 3 Elegance Estate. Never mentioned it to dealer. Was in for reg service twice they never reported anything wrong. As my new  S3 SEL Hatch is in Sheerness port at the moment i can only hope that whenever I get my hands on it there wont be an issue... could someone point me to where skoda have recognized the fault please? 

Czexpat, Skoda factory hasn't found the solution yet. 2 month ago factory said that this rattle could be caused by faulty wishbone bushes. Last week these bushes were replaced to my car. But no result and solution. Even worse... Tommorow I will visit my dealer's service again. Will update forum on the results.

Czexpat, Skoda factory hasn't found the solution yet. 2 month ago factory said that this rattle could be caused by faulty wishbone bushes. Last week these bushes were replaced to my car. But no result and solution. Even worse... Tommorow I will visit my dealer's service again. Will update forum on the results.

Do you think they have a solution now then?

Do you think they have a solution now then?

Talked to my dealer today - no solution. He said that he believes it could take a wile.

Talked to my dealer today - no solution. He said that he believes it could take a wile.

I'm ol with that. Better with a good fix that takes some time. Rather than a quick fix.

Skoda factory is trying to find solution already since the beginning of January when it recognised the problem (that's what my dealer is saying). That's already almost 3 months... It is rediclious, isn't it. :envy:

Skoda factory is trying to find solution already since the beginning of January when it recognised the problem (that's what my dealer is saying). That's already almost 3 months... It is rediclious, isn't it. :envy:

Sure. But again. Better with a proper fix in the summer instead of a fix now. Apparently they don't have any good one.

True that! :)

crazy stuff this! dont get me wrong, i love the cars, the brand and what they've done with it...i grew up with 1000MBs and 100 and 105L behind the iron curtain then... one thing that does worry me though is how was this "rattle" issue not spotted and address pre mass production? all test drivers death? However looking around the net, seems this is not isolated to VAG either...

Yesterday my car was in dealer's service again. They performed detailed inspection checking all rear suspension parts that could cause this stupid rattle in the rear part. The conclusion was and is that the rattle is in wishbone bushes (bonded rubber bush) that makes this noise when driving on bumpy roads or cobblestone roads on low speed. When I visited service last time before yesterday (I wrote about that in my previous posts) they replaced the bushes just to new ones (and not to the new designed bushes). Skoda factory has not designed and manufactured new bushes so far which would avoid the rattle sound!!! I suggest that we all having this problem do not only exchange our feelings and thoughts here in forum, but insistently urge Skoda factory (through our dealers as they are the only possible link between us (clients) and factory) to do everything to solve this problem promptly and immediately.
Dear Skoda factory, I am quit sure, that you are aware of this forum. Please, be so kind and do finally what is necessary to solve this problem. I am overwhelmingly disappointed with this situation what I am experiencing with my car (“simply clever”…) already 4 months!!!

• Like 2