Turbo Police siren noise after remap... GT1749vb

Yeah, in Jamie's defence, he shopped around and went to the best place we could find. Big Fish have a good name around the north east and is a big place, been going for years.

They have remapped a few of my other friends cars in the past and have been fine.

The plan was to get John to remap it but since he's stopped we had no other option.

Yeah, in Jamie's defence, he shopped around and went to the best place we could find. Big Fish have a good name around the north east and is a big place, been going for years.

They have remapped a few of my other friends cars in the past and have been fine.

The plan was to get John to remap it but since he's stopped we had no other option.

Yes hindsight is a funny thing. We have all been there before but as kev said, it may well have been foobarred before it went there- but if they did quote 1.9bar for that turbo they have no idea about diesel tuning. Use Kris at Dieselpowered - link in my sig.........he does a file service for good prices then just upload the map yourself. Hope you get it sorted soon. Edited by Stuart27183
  • Like 1

They have remapped it to 1.75 bar on a mild map due to the lack of a FMIC and drawing in warm air from the s2000 filter, it was 22degrees the day of the remap so temps was an issue.

It's a diesel hutchy they're much less sensitive to ambient air temperatures than petrol engines, a good tuner should know that.

Im just simply passing the information on.

And I'm simply suggesting the mapper may be stuck in a petrol mindset, in which case most of what he thinks he knows about tuning is irrelevant, there was no criticism implicit upon you dude, this mess is not your fault.

Im just simply passing the information on.

I can garuntee they said 1.9 bar was the finished result! And now hutchy has spoken to them on behalf of me as my mechanic they have said 1.75 which is probably a lie I cover their arses!

There was no noises from the turbo prior to the remap, as soon as it come off the dyno that's when the police siren noise come to life...

I really want to get to the bottom of this before it's too late!

Log the boost using VCDS, then show the logs to the mapper, they can't argue with facts if it's been mapped to 1.9 bar.

That's the plan for Monday/Tuesday after taking the TIP off and inspecting the turbo...

If it is set at 1.9 bar I will demand them to turn the map down without any extra charge... Even if it is set at 1.75 thats even too much...? 

So today at some point my plan is to remove the TIP and inspect the turbo, obviously checking for damage, play in the shaft etc.

And hopefully get some logs this week...

If it comes back as 1.9 bar as they quoted me before should I contact Big Fish Tuning and demand an explanation as to why it's been set ridiculously higher than it should be?

It's just very frustrating that paying £300 for a remap which has possibly knackered my turbo... It's not exactly pocket money for me :(

Inspect the turbo and then log group 11 in 3rs or 4th gear foot down from 2000rpm to 4000rpm and post up the file.

The map maybe requesting 1.75bar but what you want to see is the actual pressure logged by the map sensor and see how it follows requested.

Inspect the turbo and then log group 11 in 3rs or 4th gear foot down from 2000rpm to 4000rpm and post up the file.

The map maybe requesting 1.75bar but what you want to see is the actual pressure logged by the map sensor and see how it follows requested.

Here are the figures from group 11...

On idle - spec intake - 1044.00

On idle - Actual intake - 1020.00

Highest reading - spec intake - 2688.00

Highest reading - actual intake - 2988.00

Duty cycle - 94%

I hope you can make sense of the results...

Jamie.

It's mapped to 1.7 but hitting 2.0, therefore the actuator is probably not adjusted correctly.

Big Fish Tuning said they didn't have to touch the actuator as it was already set up aparantly ... I did ask when they had finished if they had to adjust it...

Big Fish Tuning said they didn't have to touch the actuator as it was already set up aparantly ... I did ask when they had finished if they had to adjust it...

Well that's alright then, bear in mind the standard MAP sensor tops out at 2.0 bar boost so anything over that will just register as 2.0 bar, wonder what the reading would be with an uprated MAP sensor...

94% means the actuator has ran out of travel.

Can you add the file her so we can graph it?

Oh and your probably way past 2bar of actual boost as that peak value means you've gone past the MAP sensor limit. :(

• Like 1