Warrior193

Resident Member
  • Last visited

1 Follower

Profile Information

• Interests
    Sun worship, travel, motor sport, eating out, boating.

Car Info

• Model
    MY16 Octavia estate TSI 1.4 SE-L. CZDA: 2018 Fabia 1.0 TSI SE-L. CHZC:
  • Year

Recent Profile Visitors

4,884 profile views

Warrior193's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/17)

• Dedicated Rare
  • First Post
  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Collaborator
  • Reacting Well

Recent Badges

1. Cheapest would probably be a breakers. Nut cover removal tool etc. can be sourced from Amazon or the 'Bay. Rather than packing an impact wrench, why not get a breaker bar and socket - or one of the extending type wheel braces?
  2. Actual manufacturer of battery is not critical information - EFB or AGM, capacity in AHs, and a minor change to the existing serial number sequence (to tell battery monitoring unit that the battery has been replaced) are all that is necessary.
  3. OP had lost a key - so no key available to swap out parts.
  4. Hello, I'd suggest pulling the plugs and check their condition and gap first. Use a proper coil pack extractor so as to not damage them when removing.
  5. All speedometers in UK have a statutory requirement to overread - you will be perfectly OK to use the 50 KPH mark on the dial.
  6. Try Google Translate. I just ran some Polish instructions for a new lawnmower and it worked surprisingly well for me.
  7. BEV still not really there when compared to ICE - max. 4 fuel stops, totalling around 20 mins and only 1, or possibly 2 cards needed for entire trip.
  8. Resting voltage (after all vehicle modules have gone to sleep) should be minimum 12.2 to 12.5 volts unloaded, but you really need to test with a proper battery tester and with the battery at full charge - or with a multimeter while the engine is being cranked-over, where the terminal voltage should not drop lower than a minimum of 10 to 11 volts. You should note that normal battery State of Charge (SOC) will usually be only approx. 75% due to the way the smart alternator operates to allow recuperative battery charging.
  9. Also strongly suggest that you get the battery tested.
  10. With mostly short trips, the smart alternator control unit limiting battery SOC to around 75% max. can become an issue - you don't normally get sufficient energy recuperation to maintain a decent SOC. To prevent excessive hard sulphation and ensure a reasonable battery lifespan, an occasional recharge or longer run should be considered.
  11. Post deleted as already answered.
  12. Thanks for reporting back, was the crank sensor replaced on this latest dealer visit - and how is it running now?
  13. Assuming that you have had the Kamiq from new, this pipe was never fitted?
  14. What is the tread depth over 75% of tyre? Is the scrubbing on the inside edge? if depth getting close to 3mm, I'd say replace for confidence.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.