Skip to content

Mickmartin

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Mickmartin

  1. Enjoy mate, had mine a for 3 years now.....Love and hate it at times however its served me well over the period but unfortunately I've not got the budget to make mine as fast as I would like
  2. Sounds like your gear selector fork slider bearing has failed, It was a common part to fail on the DQ200 and a revised part was made ready available, if so at this point, the misaligned selector can damage the gear position sensor on the mechatronic unit and will require the removal of the complete mechatronic . Common symptons are: Grinding/crunching sound when selecting reverse. Complete loss of reverse gear. Flashing engine management light or PRNDS on dashboard. 6th gear does not engage. Fault code 06293 Function Restriction Due To Pressure Drop Fault code 01851 Stuck In Gear 6
  3. 5w30 for me also. In terms of the oil jets fix, looking at that above receipt that includes breather hose, new crank case pipe,new throttle body, PCV hose,sealant, health check & oil consumption test. I priced it up before and you can do the oil fix for less than £100 yourself as the new jets can be sourced for £15 a piece from Europe. x4 jets - £60 Sealant -£8 Providing you can clean up and salvage the rest from what you already have on the car and handy with a tool set, This perceived hard job can be done for what is effectively buttons.
  4. Yep they all sit on a removable plastic tray, Unfortunate there's not a read made aftermarket tray available so it up to you to buy a universal tray and make brackets. I simply made mine out of "L" brackets and a rally style battery tray. Battery tray and brackets Old batteyr tray New tray installed
  5. You need a 3rd party App/diagnostic reader to change it ie Carista, Odb Eleven or vcds.
  6. Mine was so much easier! Sorry I couldn't help bud, See @AMD87 as I think he ran the rtmg catch can on tdi his for while.
  7. Doesn't look there's much available apart from forge etc but as you mentioned it costs a fortune. Doesn't an EGR valve effectively do the same job on a diesel? Sorry I may be way off as I've never owned a diesel.
  8. My bad sorry. What model is for out of curiosity?
  9. I've always used ash hoses, Cant fault the quality. https://www.autosiliconehoses.com/
  10. Only a week before did I decided to get off my arse and do Scotland's Nc500, 500 miles in a turbo/supercharged fabia combi on scenic long roads by myself? Hell yeah! Sorry for the picture overload, I've kept the pictures as low quality as possible to try not kill your browsers. Lets have it! Loaded up the fabia will fuel and essentials and headed off, My first 3 hours would be spent just getting to the start at Inverness. Reached Inverness In no time and proceeded up the east coast of Scotland while visiting a few places on the way before reaching my accommodation( Bower Wig Wams) in Wick Dunrobin Castle, Golspie Second day seen me travel the whole breadth of the North of Scotland form east to west, I've seen most of Scotland before but this place will stick in my memories forever and I seen my first puffin! As you travel from east to west the beaches and views only get better. Dunnet Bay, Thurso. 2 miles of pure white and aqua blue water.....Best beach in Britain in my opinion. As you make your way across the north coast through the Bay of Tongue and towards Durness the beaches continue to be as spectacular however the landscape get a bit more rugged. Ardvreck castle from above Decided to camp up on Balnakiel Beach for the night, Had the whole beach to myself...... To my surprise I woke up to the sun splitting the sky and some visitors.......Yep its 7am and the cows are crossing the beach to reach a fresh water stream, Apparently a daily occurrence Leaving Durness Your pretty much in the most north westerly point in the UK, Visited a few places before heading south down the west coast and entering Wester Ross(Game of thrones fans will grin). Smoo Cave The landscape changes dramatically on the west coast, Huge rolling mountains start to appear as I headed south towards Ullapool,Gairloch and Applecross. After staying in Ullapool for the night I was off sharp in the morning for another spectacular drive south west, Passing the Kylesku bridge and hotel for some well needed grub! From here I continued south through Wester Ross at which point he NC500 heads to Applecross then Back to Inverness, I went off track and headed home via Skye, Fort WIlliam and Glencoe When reaching Applecross you encourter the "Bealach Na Ba" mountain pass, Regarded as one of if not the best roads in Britain with views of the Isle of Skye to the West and The mountain pass on the other. Deciding I could probably be home for midnight I cut my last day short and blasted the 6 hour journey home passing "Eilean donan castle" and the might " Buchaille Etive Mor" mountain in Glencoe. So nearly 3 tanks of fuel and 960 miles later I made it home, Car was awesome, Weather was awesome and the scenery was even better! Would highly recommend anyone to head up north and just do it, The road conditions are perfect and if you get the weather......I don't think may places in the world could top it. I'll hopefully have a drone vid posted up soon. Thanks for reading.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.