Skip to content

TheWanderer

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by TheWanderer

  1. Well if that's the case then if you can find an image of 1941 and follow the guide that I did (pg 26?) and if you feel comfortable about doing it then fine. Of course there's the caveat: "You do this entirely at your own risk, the board is NOT responsible for any damage that may be caused"
  2. Best get your dealer to do the first one, then if you can find it, find 1941 on here, there's a guide that I put together on page 26 (IIRC) of that thread, you can then do another for 1969. If you're not comfortable with flashing devices with new firmwares then it's probably best that you leave it to those those who are or know exactly what they're doing or a skoda independent or local dealer.
  3. If you can drain it put some dilute bleach in the washer bottle and go for a drive to shake it up a bit. Leave it for a few hours or overnight, drain & rinse, refill.
  4. I tried that on a previous car and it didn't work. So I severely doubt it will work on the Mk4.
  5. Do an RS in it and it would be almost British Racing Green.
  6. The RS will achieve that task in something like 7 secs. 😬
  7. Is there any real point? I mean a standard RS is more than capable of losing your licence in a few seconds, more BHP often equates to more thirsty, higher insurance, higher running costs. Also you're looking at punitive VED rates as of next year with even EVs getting charged VED. https://www.parkers.co.uk/car-tax/advice/new-car-tax-rates/
  8. It's all those darn potholes & speed humps that litter our roads!
  9. I just ignore it, turn the radio up slightly or have the window open slightly like I do as I hate air con as it knackers my sinuses.
  10. If there's a serious collision and someone suffers life changing injuries or dies, and the police accident investigation team start examining your car for faults and stuff, then they check the tyres and they're found to be under or over inflated they would more than likely put it as part of the attributable cause, leaving you open to charges and a claim against you for failure to keep it in a roadworthy condition. I wouldn't trust the police to run a kids bath these days.
  11. I just see it as protecting one's backside from ambulance chasing and where there's a blame crooked lawyers.
  12. I just go with what it says on the fuel filler flap. That way if there's an accident I'm complying with the tyre pressures supplied by the manufacturer.
  13. I've had Bosch wipers before & Halfords too, I think the Bosch are slightly better quality than the Halfords ones but I've found that there's not a lot in it, I guess it's you pays your money & takes your choice. I'm still on the OEMs after 20 months and they're still in top notch condition, mind you due to forced retirement, nervous breakdowns and ill health my car still has less than 10k miles OTC.
  14. https://www.boschwiperblades.com/xc/en-gb/basic-page.html/-/en-gb/478dafb54dab9771f6adabf9705fe54dd0d454ee/period_4276_2966_07_2022_06_2024/SKODA_OctaviaIV_2022-2024 Should give you the answer you need if you want them. Then have a look at Euro Car Parts etc to see if you're able to get them more cheaply.
  15. I've had 99.8% perfectly reliable car, the only issue I had was the infotainment system which kept freezing and restarting at random. That was resolved by installing 1941 software and was fine until a couple of updates arrived but as I had an issue with the virtual pedal, they updated all of the software and it was all good until they replaced a module and apparently did the wrong flashing on it, it has been absolutely perfect since. I've had no mechanical or engine issues whatsoever the performance of the car is spot on. But if you were to ask me would I have another one, then with a heavy heart I'd say no. Because I'm now very much solo and I don't need an Octavia sized car anymore. I need something VW Golf sized (Fabia) but they don't do anything RS in that so I'll be moving on. If you are a family man and you need a larger car for kids and dogs, then I'd suggest that you look for a MY23 car NOT a First Edition one. If you're doing loads of miles then consider a diesel rather than the hybrid as there do seem to be issues with them, the petrol version is excellent and on a good run I can achieve 42-45 mpg with it on runs to Nottinghamshire or West Somerset, South Coast.
  16. If you are going to do anything do 1941 first and then do 1969. Slower incremental route but it should eliminate any possible glitches.
  17. Do you have two keys? If so it would be advisable to take it to a dealer who can do a proper update and diagnose the issue.
  18. Do you mean to say that skoda actually learned a hard lesson from the previous infotainment system debacle?
  19. Never seen it before.
  20. Always a good idea to have two keys, in case you misplace one or the battery runs out on the main or the key you normally use, it also goes down well with dealers if you trade in the car later.
  21. Well that lasted a long time... No virtual pedal again. It has worked 3 times and stopped working again. Tried new battery in the keys and still doesn't work and it's showing as active in the infotainment system. 🤔
  22. I don't think it was an option in the UK. I never noticed it anyway.
  23. It was Lookers, Peasmarsh, Guildford. I know that I didn't put it on there, but the system had 2 updates available on the display on Friday, and was going bonkers. Today it was showing 4 updates! So I was wary about accepting them, but I have and now I 🙏 that it doesn't screw the system up again, I'll have to wait until morning when I go out and see what happens
  24. Got the car back this afternoon and it has been fully updated. The gearbox software has also been done, the F533 module is now correctly coded, virtual pedal is working correctly and infotainment system is now running 1969. It's such a shame that it takes a series of strongly worded complaints to Skoda customer service to get anything done & get anywhere with faults like this. But they're resolved now and I'm very grateful to Skoda customer service for helping with my problems.
  25. Got my car back today with a fully updated infotainment system running 1969. No glitches seems a bit slower, but smoother.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.