Everything posted by Dean
-
MK1 Door handle inside and out not working, can’t open door..
Well I finally got it open, it appears the black plastic part that hold the handle at tension is quite worn so the plastic lugs came out of the groove. So I need a new inside handle part which I’ll source tomorrow. I’ll update this topic later and move it into my build thread and make a small repair guide. However it doesn’t explain why the inner handle wouldn’t work either as the arm was moving which pushed down the metal pin within the lock to release that latch. So I swapped the lock over and it does the same.
-
MK1 Door handle inside and out not working, can’t open door..
This is my issue currently... 😒 FullSizeRender.mov
-
MK1 Door handle inside and out not working, can’t open door..
So the door handle decided to break today, also the inside door handle wire broke. Managed to get the door card off but I cannot open the door at all. I can pull the wire, door locks and unlock fine but pulling the wire or pushing the metal arm is not allowing the door latch to open. Any ideas how I can get the door open?
-
Noise when starting the engine
It’s a lazy starter motor as far I can remember, it continues to spin even after the car is started and that’s why it does that noise. I just live with mine but I would think that a new starter motor would be in order.
-
Noise when starting the engine
As above, quite common. All my VRS’s have done this.
-
Why oh why did I sell my beautiful MK1.
Hussair’s one? If so that’s going to feel very quick indeed!
-
New to the forum
A very warm welcome!
-
"Thanks for all the fish"
All the best.
-
Why oh why did I sell my beautiful MK1.
Indeed, or you can private message him.
-
Why oh why did I sell my beautiful MK1.
Currently the fb market places has loads for sale, and I’m sure even more within the groups. I try to direct a lot of people to our classifieds but it’s worth looking around.
-
Recommendations for tuners? - Fabia VRS
If I was you I’d probably go and spend my money at Darkside Developments.
-
Happy birthday to... us
Thank you Colin.
-
Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
Many thanks, I’ve still got to work my way through the pages. 😎👍🏻
-
Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
All updated as of 21:51 tonight, thanks all! Over 50 new owners added to the list. Get in!
-
Hello all form London UK
A very warm welcome!
-
Fabia VRS LE Register Part Trois
Just to say I've taken this over and updating it when I can with a few changes to the original post.
-
Risk of failure using coolant g13
- Wet in boot and passenger seat in octavia estate
This is something I’m going to tackle on my estate. I’m sure for me that it’s the front passenger side door seal letting water in. So the weekend will be a bucket of water with a stripped out carpet to see/find the leak. Most annoying!- mk1 hatch dog guard
My apologies, I saw hatch and proceeded to say estate. My mistake!- mk1 hatch dog guard
Keep a look out on here for people breaking Estates or selling the dog guards as they do come up. They also pop up from time to time on eBay. The MK2 and up are completely different fitment so stick to the MK1 style/year 99-04.- Rear Parking Sensors
As above, you’d need the module to be there and connect to just like the MK1. You can buy the kit from Skoda or even remove it from another model and retrofit it like I have done. I had a benefit of a crashed VRS so I carefully removed the whole loom and rewired it just as the factory would in my other VRS. It works as OEM and shows on VagCom. While there are a lot of differences between the MK1/MK2 you get the idea of how it’s installed. But it maybe of some interest to you.- What were all the top spec options?
No they'll require additional wiring, levelling motors, level sensors on the front and rear of the car to adjust the beam, front bumper with headlight washers with the tubing and the bigger washer bottle, which I think is the 5L version. The lights/washers need to work and be there in order to pass an MOT. Some have stated that they've just bought an adapted wiring harness and have them adjusted manually. But as far as I'm aware it was a legal requirement to have xenons installed with headlight washers and for them to work.- Special edition mark 1 fabia purchase.
If you're looking at one that is remapped, I would certainly want proof of it and not have some back alley Dave do the job which will eventually blow the turbo.- Octavia laurin & klement spares
Hi Tatey, You can join our FREEDOM membership and advertise on here too: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/subscriptions/ Classifieds area: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/classifieds/- Driver window sticking after replacing the regulator
Hi Marcus, and welcome to the community. I hope I can help, however my experience is on the MK1 Octavia's. But I found adding grease to the bars where the wires/plastic sliders helped a lot. Basically, any part that moved I greased it. Also make sure the plastic slider is seated correctly on the bar for it to move freely. - Wet in boot and passenger seat in octavia estate
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.