Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. Do I need to be so suspicous of the dealerships these days? Does the sat nav need it for traffic updates?
  2. On our "new" 2023 S3 the Skoda Connect subscription has expired. I guess it came with the car. Can anyone tell me if a Skoda Connect subscription is a useful thing to have and probably pay for?
  3. I am selling a set of 4 original Skoda Propus Aero 18in alloys removed from our 2023 Superb with Continental EcoContact 6 tyres as I am fitting my own 19in alloys. The wheels are in pristine condition with NO scratches or scrapes. The tyres are 235/45-R18 W and have covered 9000 miles. For tread see the pictures.They are a DOT 1522. The alloys are 8Jx18 ET 44. Price: £650. Collection is from LE18, Wigston/Leics. PM for more details. SOLD
  4. I was reading a little on Ross-Tech. My SIII is using MIB3. Apparently MIB3 uses a FOD system rather than FEC/SWaP. Is VCDS-Hex2 able to code with this any more? Is OBDeleven a better and more cost effective opton?
  5. Make & Model: Skoda Superb estate Laurin & Klement 2.0 TDI 170 BHP DSG 2014 Colour: Silver Mileage: 68265 Price: £8600 or offers welcome. Condition: The car is in a very good condition for a 10 year old car. A nice silver colour. Summary: Full leather interior - brown Laurin & Klement design - with heated and ventilated seats in the front and heated seats in the back Memory electric driver seat with memory for mirror positions Electric lumbar support Electric passenger seat with lumbar suppert Easy Entry driver seat Panoramic tilt and slide sunroof with automatic sunblind AFL - Adaptive forward lighting with bi-Xenon headlights with High Beam Assist (HBA) (retrofit) and cornering light, Coming home / leaving home Courtesy mirror and door lights Light sensor Headlight washer jets Rain sensor for automatic wipers PDC - Optical park distance control front and rear Rear view camera High line with moving lines (retrofit) Dual Zone Climate control with separate controls for left and right Heated and electric folding mirrors Auto reverse parking for parallel and 90° Heated windscreen and heated washer jets (retrofit) Auto Dimming rear view and wing mirrors Steering wheel controls for radio, phone, navigation and MFD (multi function display) Cruise Control 18 in diamond cut Sirius alloys TPMS Driver Alert warning Alarm with Tilt Sensor DAB and DAB+ Radio DVB TV tuner 10x speaker Phone preparation Columbus Stereo with touch screen, satellite navigation, phone integration,DVD player, 20GB HDD, SD card reader and AUX input USB fast charger Voice control for radio and navigation ASR - Anti slip regulation and XDS - limited slip differential and ESP ABS Hill Hold /Auto hold Black Piano dash inserts and lit interior door handles and foot wells Umbrella in door compartment Boot cover and boot rails and luggage solutions 12V socket in boot Silver roof rails Front mud guards Chrome rear bumper protector Tinted rear glass Negative - 1 of the alloys has been scratched. Luckily not too noticeable because of the silver colour. Service History/Recent Service work: MOT 14 April 2024 - happy to re-MOT if sale is close to MOT date. It has a partial service history and has been regularly serviced - oil + filter change every 10000 - 12000 miles - last in August 2023 at 64000 miles, new Battery in January 2024, brake fluid change February 2024, Haldex (4x4) oil and filter were changed at 40000 miles and the gearbox oil around the same time. The tyres have plenty of tread. The car comes with 2 original keys and the V5C in my name. There is no finance on the car. It has never been involved in any accidents. The car has been garaged all the time I owned it. The Superb is a very comfortable car. It has covered most of the mileage on long distance holiday motorway trips. It has a vast boot and plenty of leg room for passengers. The Superb has never left us stranded. It is also very capable in snow. The car can be viewed in Wigston / Leicestershire.
  6. Can you tell me what parts you needed and the part numbers please. Does it need coding? What year is your Superb? I do not want to get a whole new mirror casing. When did Skoda drop the autodimming on the left?
  7. I have just clicked through the configuration. When did that appear online????? This is making me quite angry as I have just bought a SIII estate L&K - of course only FWD - as dealers kept telling me that the new Superb for 2024 will most likely only be a) petrol b) FWD and definitely NO AWD.
  8. Good evening I have eventually changed to a Superb III from 2023 from a SII. I have looked at SIII before but have not noticed some things I seem to finding out after buying it. The SIII does not have an autodimming passenger mirror. The old SII had..... I found out while driving in the dark and constantly being blinded. Can the passenger autodimming mirror be retrofitted? For information I have memory mirrors, courtesy lights, side assist and area view. Skoda has dropped the torch in the boot. Really miss this. The side pockets in the boot have shrunk and the simply clever ideas do not seem so clever. Skoda have dropped the glasses holder in the roof lining. The wallet flap below the light switch is smaller and too small for my standard wallet. Or my wallet has grown. While the new entertainment is more modern, I cannot save routes / tours anymore and I do not get TMC / traffic information. Does the Head unit have a HDD still? Can I still copy MP3s onto the car? The DVD and SD access in the glove box is blanked off. Can the rear screen washer jet in the top brake light be adjusted? Mine seems to dribbling rather than spraying? Thanks
  9. Hi, Pete pointed me to the relays after I had removed and tested the wiper motor and got stuck for options. I got a second hand one.
  10. Hi, We had the windscreen wiper fault. I tried soldering first and then changed the BCM. You will not find a fault code on read out for this as it is a relays fault
  11. I have changed one side and never had a leak on the other side. The pressure in the system does not change just because it is now "more" contained. There is nothing to amplify the pressure. The second leak would have been bad luck.
  12. Hi, If you want to "upgrade" the spec level you will probably have to change the BCM (body control module). I have rewired the light switch with a relay to make fog lights work as DRLs on a 2009 FII and I have fitted heated washer jets. This all required pulling wires in the car.
  13. Would this also have to be applied to 2023 SIII. I have just changed to a 2023 one and the driver seat is not storing any position on any number.
  14. Does this head unit NEED a permanent power supply? Can you not just try to run it on a switched supply?
  15. I noticed that with every controller the autoscan stated "incompatible controller" and long coding and adaptation are greyed out. I definitely want to make some changes to the configuration. I looked a little at what other people seem to be using now. When I bought my SII VCP and VCDS were the main devices and some people used ODIS. I still have my VCP and VCDS but they might be up for sale soon. I have seen some people use OBDEleven and then there are various VCDS leads. Is there a general recommendation for either of these?
  16. I connected my old VCDS cable and there were lots of DTCs. after I deleted some I had another menu button in the main menu which allowed me to change the format. It is not like the manual describes it......
  17. I sorted this problem. I did get the old laptop out again - which is also running Win11 now - and it was the same picture. The VCDS cable was not recognized although it was showing in the device manager and windows was reporting that there were no drivers. VCDS had installed itself as usual as in windows 10 and previous versions but win11 did seem to know about the drivers. So I had to manual tell win11 to install drivers from the C:\ drive where RossTech had created a directory..... Then it was recognized.
  18. It is a HEX + CAN. It is a newer laptop than before running Win11 which I have not used with this VCDS before though.
  19. I wanted to do some coding on our 2023 Superb with my trusted VCDS - for the first time. This lead has been working fine on the old SII. The cable was connected as normal to OBDII and the laptop USB and I got the message that VCDS could not detect the lead. Do I need a different VCDS cable or is it the laptop?
  20. I did click through the settings function to the menu that you have shown, but the time menu does not show the format option.
  21. Hello, I have gone from a SII to a 2023 SIII. Everything is new and almost more difficult to adjust. I did read through the manual and surely must have missed it. The car is displaying AM and PM. I want a 24 hour clock display. So far I have been unable to find any adjustment option. Can anyone help please.
  22. Do you have any DTC stored in STG 01? Cruise control will not work when fault codes are present. Other than that the brake and clutch pedal will disable the CC.
  23. I had a bit more luck with ECP when I bought Brembo pads and discs for my daughter's FII in 2019. The front brakes developed a real juddering when the brakes were applied. I went back to the shop in 2021 and they refunded the discs and pads and I went for a set of Pagids. Re. some people suggesting to change pads every 2 years, I must be dicing it badly as on my now nearly 10 year old SII I am still running the first set of discs and pads.
  24. Are you looking at the cruise control switch on the left or the windscreen wiper switch on the right. The windscreen wiper has 3 settings for little, big and bigger drops. The cruise control on the left switches on and off - no 3 positions. At the end of the stork you can set the speed and increase and decrease.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.