Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. My brother in law had a 1.6TDI in a Passat estate. Considering that he did a lot of motorway driving the car was fast enough, not a race car and compared to my 2L TDI DSG extremely economical.
  2. Have a look at this thread and go through the you tube video.
  3. If the battery is charged I would look at the connections but also check the voltage drop when you start the engine. Wriggle on the battery leads and check the earth strap on the alternator. My battery indicator is green when good.
  4. Edited and deleted
  5. The seat moving is called "Easy Entry". Skoda charged £125 to activate it if bought new. It can be undone with VCDS or similar.
  6. Just solder an extra piece of wire in but also check the other wires. I have just fixed my daughter`s Fabia. " wires broken and 2 more on the way out.
  7. This video might help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UREb0IJu_H8
  8. IF you want to disable the bulb check procedure you need VCP. VCDS does not do this for you. @Murdockman, are you confusing LED and High Intensity Discharge bulbs?
  9. Your manual says - as you know - grasp the light bulb holder. This might work when the bulb has been just fitted. Do that if you can, most people give up and pull on the wires .
  10. I have "moved" the permanent live cigarette lighter in my daughter's Fabia to one that is switched. Just check your fuse board. You can download and install map software from the internet.
  11. My daughter's FII from 2009 seems to have a problem with the rear PDC. When in reverse there is a constant beep as if an obstacle is next to the car / sensor. It is not the failure beep sound. I checked it with VCDS and all sensors are "working" with no DTC. One however almost always shows 34cm while the others show 255cm when there is no obstacle. When approaching from the 34cm side the display will not put anything on screen. I noticed that the sensors also seem to check against one another when I was going through the output measurements on VCDS and if there is an implausible result - I guess - they do not display anything. Occasionally the sensor flips back to normal function. Has anyone come across this? It is one of the original ones and a replacement is on order.
  12. You just pull on the 2 wires going into the little bulb. Do not use tools!
  13. I opened the door bellows today. 2 wires had gone completely - black/blue coming from fuse 11 and black/red from the BCM for the heated mirror - and 2 wires were starting to crack - red/white main 12V supply and brown. I had fixed the black/blue and the black/red before. They had now snapped a few mm above my old solder joints. I put extra length wire in this time and hopefully it will be the last time.
  14. I forgot to say, I had checked the fuses first. Fuse 11, 51 and 52. Good point. The earth connection is common to both the mirrors and the windows. I had another look at a wiring diagram and I might have missed a connection from J386 to the mirror regulator switches..
  15. I just want to pick some other brains. My daughter's FII from 2009 has a new problem. It has front electric windows and manual rears. Both front windows suddenly stopped working. They cannot be controlled from either driver door or passenger door switches. Also the mirror adjustment stopped working. VCDS is clear, but then the FII does not have separate controllers - STG 42 or 52. I have looked through wiring diagrams and also flicked up old threads on here. A common problem with the FII seems to be the wiring, which I have not looked at yet. I have not opened the doors at all for this. It is likely that the wire faults in the rubber bellows disables both the windows AND mirrors at the same time? I could not really find a fault that would take out both functions. The J386 - door control unit - will control windows and switches on both sides, but does not have a link to the mirrors, or does it? Any ideas?
  16. I have not looked here for a while. Audi and VW centre caps are larger than Skoda - around 67mm.
  17. On my daughter's Fabia from 2009 I had to put the new key into the driver door lock and turn and lock/hold and the n press and hold the lock or unlock button. Programming was not possible, so the locksmith cloned the old immobilizer. The chip is a ID48 I think.
  18. You can order the complete kit. https://haldexparts.co.uk/products/2000884-borgwarner-850ml-original-oil-haldex-filter-kit-4th-generation-111358-oem
  19. Check the paint code on the sticker in the boot.
  20. My daughter's FII runs on 205/45-16 as standard. They feel o.k.
  21. Does the car have to have the tracking done afterwards?
  22. The Front Lower Suspension arm pin or bush on my daighter's Fabia II were mentioned in an advisory as worn but not causing excessive movement. It seems to be only the rear bush on the right so far. How much of a pain are they to change? Using the briskoda search did not come up with many results.
  23. 26DIPP posted a topic in Tyres & Wheels
    My wife's car WILL get new tyres this year. It has been on the cards for 2020 but since we did not really put on any miles and these miles are shared between summer and winter tyres .... She still has 4mm and they will wear down enough to ditch them I hope. She has a Note with a tyre size 195/55-16. As it is not the most common size offer are far and few between and I want to go for all season. As the topic says I saw a Avon AS7. has anyone used them or sen any feedback or reviews? I want to sell our winter wheels with the ultragrips which we bought for a skiing trip my daughter did.
  24. It is not illegal to have the video on when driving. It is illegal for the driver to be able to watch. I think Jaguar have a screen where the passenger can see the screen but not the driver through clever use of a prism or similar.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.