Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. From memory you put the Ah in and just add +1 to the battery code from the old one.
  2. I noticed that an activation for TSR is available in the Skoda shop for 2022 Octavias. Other models have not been listed. Does anyone know if the A5 camera and other components are different on the Octavia compared to other Skodas of this age? I am still interested in the TSR activation for our SIII from 2023.
  3. I am selling a Skoda 2-spoke leather steering wheel. This is off a 2023 Skoda Superb. It is in very good condition with no marks or scratches. It has the following features / functions: paddle shift for DSG heated stearing wheel control volume control source control for the head unit voice control - Lara virtual dash board design control to change the layout assistant control to change the centre part of the dash board The part number is 5E3 419 093 AK VKH. This should fit the following models: Skoda Superb, Octavia, Kodiaq, Kamiq. Price: £85
  4. I have used engine off for about 40 years. At first in the 80ies and 90ies when engines were really using fuel and I was a student, it was to save money. It worked. No engine, battery, ignition or other issues ever. I usually kept cars for quite a while. I have done this on european - Volvo, Opel / Vauxhall - and japanese cars and when start / stop was introduces I often thought that engines could switch off when the ECU prevented them from doing so. On my last Superb - SII - the battery went after ten years. I never had a problem of not getting off the spot or not being in control ever - how can you not be in control? You have so many controllers on your car that control everything from steering to braking, so effectively on a modern car YOU are really not in control ever..... @Meridion, engine manufacturers have long gone away from the concept of running in new engines and with some diesel engines it can take forever for the engine to be at working temperature. You will have more wear if you stick to mega long oil change intervals.
  5. So sad, I just had a look in my steering wheel if I can fit the KLR Evo. There is no KLR module at all. Mind you I do not have TA in the steering wheel. So I guess they would not have put a dummy holder in there or can the KLR module holder be retrofitted?
  6. OOOOH, Subtle is different... Is this the SEL steering wheel or will that be the one now? I am sure they could have got the lettering even bigger. Software is definitely an improvement.
  7. Hello Mario, How easy is it to remove the steering wheel airbag? Any hints?
  8. Hi, Have you done it yet? How easy is it to remove the airbag?
  9. Which setting would this be? The ACC display is at the bottom of the dashboard. I have the map in the centre.
  10. The sat nav upgraded to 24.6. But I think I lost the "countdown" arrow in the dash display that starts to split when you approach a junction. Is this just my impression or can this be reactivated anywhere?
  11. Hi Tell, Thanks for the in depth reply. You mention presentation. I downloaded straight off the server with the VIN. It is the file starting OI... . I opened the zip and copied all the separate files onto the stick. There was no messing about. Or would my system still be up to date with the files updated in February?
  12. Hello, Could I have some advice on what type of USB C adapter I have to use to copy / upload data into a Superb III MIB3 - sadly. I am trying to update the maps and also radio station logos. I have used a 32 GB USB stick formatted to FAT32 with a USB A to C data adapter - no luck. I have bought a 64 GB USB stick with USB A and C connectors. This 64GB stick can only be formatted to exFAT as windows only formats up to 32GB in FAT32. Still no luck with either the maps or radio station logos. What devices other than the Skoda ones do people use?
  13. Why can they not just do over the air? It works for some of their other software updates. My "old" 2023 SIII tells me occasionally that new upgrades are available.
  14. Hi, Yes this is the thread. This sounds like a few levels below the briskoda thread, unless there are fewer users with a new SIV on the german site or the briskoda owners ofa SIV are massively exaggerating.
  15. Is this software failure a problem that affects english cars disproportionately more than other european countries? I had a browse on the German Skoda site - Skodacommunity. de - and there is hardly any mention of this. Are there people on here that can look through other european Skoda sites?
  16. An autoscan with any system will not even be detectable. If you start coding that will be detectable but Skoda can hardly blame you for any problems. When they connect your car to the VW mothership to upload new software everything will be reset anyway.
  17. I am still sitting on the fence with my SIII. As a matter of interest, has anyone connected their VCDS, VCP or Obdeleven to just do an autoscan and check - I would have done. The forward facing camera is part your forward collision system. All the other sensors are there for parking which I use frequently on the SIII.
  18. But heated seats burning down the car could be more than just first world problem.
  19. Negative traction equals braking. You also need traction when cornering. Traction is frictional force no matter in what direction it occurs. It is not just driven wheels that transmit traction.
  20. I know this is old now. But just a couple of comments that have not been mentioned. You have understeer in a FWD car by design under acceleration and oversteer in most - not all - RWD cars by design. One thing has only briefly been mentioned in this youtube clip - weight transfer. When you are braking, cornering or, as in the first clip mentioned, changing lanes abruptly a dynamic weight shift occurres. This means that one axle becomes "lighter" and there is less traction on those tyres. If your tares are in a poor condition or if you have the wrong tyres for the road condition you loose grip and traction your car takes over, i.e. you are the passenger. As said before, understeer is more benign and more controllable than oversteer.
  21. O.K. This is on a Superb 3, but when I hit the camera button, the Ops and camera come online. I can then choose either of the four or l+r front or rear. This should work up to 10 MpH or so.
  22. Do the Skoda guys never read in forums? Would ODIS be able to clear the DTCs?
  23. You should know if your high beam assist is on because you can see the icon of a white light beam with an "A" inside in the dashboard. When you flash your brights the HBA turns off.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.