Everything posted by 26DIPP
-
2020 F1 Discussion
Hamilton is a good driver no doubt, but after his recent seat swap with George Russell where someone, who has never won a point in F1 in a second rate car, suddenly dominates the field makes me wonder whether people like Kvyat or Hülkenberg or others, who have always had bad press for not winning or standing in the way and constantly getting blue flaggs, would be in the same position in Hamilton's Merc now with 7 titles to their name.
-
Superb 4x4 tyre replacement
The S III 4x4 uses a Haldex Gen 5. Different roling radius is not an issue any more. On the Haldex Gen 1, which used a hydraulic system different size / worn tyres could brake the clutch. Do not mix summer tyres and winter / all season tyres. If you really need to do it, put the new all seasons on the back or you might get a 280BHP out of control rocket in dicy conditions.
-
Just a coincidence? Rear wiper, rear tailgate lock & reg number plate lights not working...
If different elctrical items are broken all together in one section, it could be coincidental the supply pinched for all of them or the earth is loose or broken.
-
How can I turn on diving light when car is off
If it is not coded into the new switch you cannot. On newer models it is part of the BCM coding.
-
Michelin Alpin 6. Winter tyres.
I always thought these guys know their trucks... or is he out on summer tyres?
-
Wheel/tyre snow chain query - 2016 4x4 estate.
I am or will be faced with a similar situation for wheel and tyre change driving the Superb II and looking to buying a Superb III. The S III has got the same PCD and hub centre size as the S II and the ET recommendations are similar - out by a few mm, which does not make much of a difference. My current alloys are Road America. I have used 215/55-16 winter tyres on our previous V70 and it was not at all like a marshmellow situation. My plan is to keep my current 16" alloys and swap to the bigger 215/55-16 winter tyres. benbro, your old chains will probably not fit the larger tyres, but as said above if you go for all season tyres with the S III's 4x4 you will get through most situations. Last winter - pre-corona - we were driving in the French Alps in fresh snow and it was actually quite fun driving in the S II. If you continue to use the old Octavia 16" wheels it will not "hurt" so much if you add another scar to the winter wheels.
-
Coil springs length
Most car manufacturers of "family" cars will set the cars up with understeer. This is usuably easier to control for the "regular" driver as opposed to oversteer situations.
-
Front fog lights
If the wiring is there it is a fat - 2.5mm - white and yellow wire. Not sure whether the corner light function would be via the same wire.
-
TPMS retrofit
I am curious whether a indirect TPMS can be retrofitted to a FII 3 2009? I found some reports on the internet and looked at ERWIN. Apparently you "only" need to fit a TPMS reset button, connect this to the ABS controller in the engine bay, connect to switch lighting and earth - parts cost about £20 - and do some coding. Can anyone tell me whether the STG03 HW: 6R0 907 379 J is compatible with TPMS monitoring? After all it was offered on most F II models.
-
Yorkie2
Chemicals do mot loosen the soot / carbon deposits. A walnut shell blast with the intake tract removed helps and makes everything shiny and new.
-
Skoda fabia 2008 drivers door wiring loom advice
I have attached the current flow diagram for the mirrors and windows. Work your way through it and you will find the fault. You will have to use a volt metre too. Door control driver mirror windows.pdf
-
Dashboard lighting up like a Christmas tree. Video included
It is a flat battery. When you start driving the lights will go off one by one. The stored DTCs will need to be deleted with a code reader or VCDS.
-
Road Noise
What tyres did you have on the 18" wheels? Did you change make as well as wheel size? I had Continental Sport Contact once and they were very noisy.
-
Heated seats
I usually start on setting 3 and the come down to 2 or 1. You can change the setting with VCDS.
-
Annoying things about the Mk4!
Does this make VCDS obsolet?
-
Modernizing My 2008 Greenline Estate, suggestions welcome.
I retrofitted an autodimming mirror and heated washer jets. Did you need any special adapters to run the double DIN radio with the CAN 1.6 of your 2008 F II?
-
Headlights - A lesson learned!
On a Fabia II the dipped beams are on seperate fuses - 57 and 58 - and there should not be a surge from one blowing the other as on the same circuit.
-
Broken rear coil spring... ??
The broken rear coil spring replacement is now a broken FRONT coil spring replacement. Will the tracking have to be done after replacement? When I replaced them on a Zafira I did have to do tracking.
-
Auto Headlights
You can probably retrofit the Lowline camera. The Highline is trickier.
-
Broken rear coil spring... ??
I had a look at the front springs today. The right front markings are closer to the base, the end feels sharp and the distance wheel arch to tyre is closer by about 10mm. I will need to fix the right front!!! But for the MOT retest: As I have failed on the broken right rear coil spring is this what they will retest? The DVLA website states partial test.... How bad is this from a test centre? The new REAR coil springs are on the way. Should I complain if they pass us after the test? And point out the front?
-
Broken rear coil spring... ??
I looked around and felt both top and bottom ends. There are no sharp ends pointing to a broken end.
-
Broken rear coil spring... ??
Our F II from 2009 failed its MOT today because of a broken coil spring in the back. I had swapped left and right rear tyres last week and looked at all the gubbins in the wheel arch and did not notice anything. Lay under the car after the MOT looking and feeling for the crack and all I can see is that the black laquer has cracked and is peeling off. The spring itself is o.k. But I guess, since the tester wrote "broken coil spring" into the test certificate I definitely have to change it and I will. I have one question: There 2 different versions of rear coil spring available. One has an outer diametre of 96 mm and a wire diametre of 10.25 mm and the other has an outer diametre of 99 mm and a wire diametre of 9.75 mm. Are they interchangeable??
-
Oil leak from oil sump seal on 1.4l petrol
I will probably have a go at the weekend. The leak is from the oil sump seal.
-
Skoda Superb used car buying advice
It is the DSG7 which has a wet clutch. L&K would be my choice. I would still barter on that price. 8700 miles could have been their demonstrator or a management car and they specced it a bit sweeter.
-
Skoda Superb used car buying advice
The estate is more versatile and - I think - elegant rather than workhorse. The 2L TDI 190 is advertised as ULEZ compliant. Sportsline is sporty looking with little kit for the money. L&K is more expensive but better value for money. L&K does not have some of the nice paintwork you only get on Sportsline.