Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. Hi, If you can, do a DTC check.
  2. I have been to the Lion garage in Leicester a few times. They are o.k. For our DSG oil change I went to the dealer. The price then was not much different.
  3. Floor it on slippery ground. Since the Haldex Gen4 the system engages preemptively, i.e. when you start driving off or when you are accelerating from a steady speed the rear wheels will get more power through the Haldex clutch. The Haldex controller gets inputs from the ECU and even before there is slip on the front wheels the rear wheels kick in if "asked" for by the ECU. The Haldex is disengaged when braking and when the handbrake is on.
  4. If everything is new - discs, pads and even calipers - has your son acidentally twisted the calipers on the brake hoses? If this is from the front axle I would put the front end on exle stands and run the engine / wheels and brake trying to replicate the noise at "standstill".
  5. Are you working with the correct wiring diagrams? I looked into retrofitting heated seats from a Polo and found that the Polo and Fabia BCMs are different in function and pin outs. You can use clues from one car to the next but carbon copy is tricky.
  6. You just need to be brave and patient when the fuel light comes on and keep going.
  7. And this states what?
  8. Norris must have watched the MotoGP race in Austria where Brad Binder stayed out in the rain and won on slicks whereas everybody else came in for rain gear. He was going round some corners at walking pace but did not drop the bike.
  9. Mercedes should have kept Bottas and asked Hamilton to move on.
  10. I put a high RVC into our SII. There are a couple of write ups on the forum. You will also need to code the car.
  11. Thanks for the replies. Is the tenacious tape flexible?
  12. I refurbished my bike seat with a nice new cover. I need to cover the staples so that they do not scratch the tank and side panels. Does anyone know what flexible tape would stick really well to vinyl? I have tried duct / gaffer tape, electrical cloth tape and also sticky spray, which left a bit of a sticky mess - the spray not me.
  13. At worst you will get stopped and fined....
  14. I have attached the FL model. Superb - fog lights.pdf
  15. The wiring and the light switch might be interchangeable, but not the lights, unless you redesign the bumper.
  16. Thanks for the replies, I found the old thread about your Polo. Our car is a 2009 BXW. I was hoping someone would give me the Fabia dimensions and I did not have to crawl under the car. I found your senior aftermarket place I think. They are called seniorflexonics now. I will get the car on the ramp and measure.
  17. There are write ups on here on how to service the haldex. If you have a lift - great. I did it on 4 axle stands and it is tight and fiddly.
  18. The 1.4l petrol exhaust on my daughter's FII is blowing. I tried to "cure" it with high temp gasket sealant and a heavy duty hose clip. The pre-exhaust pipe is rotating inside the flexi connection and the car sounds quite "sporty" again. The options are - new, but this pipe containing the catalytic converter is quite expensive. Weld it.... or cut the flexi pipe out and replace it with a new intersection which is clamped in like this one: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161759685251?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649 It quotes the exhaust diameters. Does asnyone happen to know from experience or have a reference of the Fabia exhaust diameter? Fabia 1.4 pre exhaust pipe.pdf
  19. This is the circuit board of a FII. It looks like there is room for 2 more.
  20. The door locks have 3 microswitches. You could also have a broken wire problem as explained above.
  21. My daughter's FII had an "autolock" feature in her car. The problem was a worn microswitch in the passenger door lock mechanism. Hers was a bit more erraitc than every 30 seconds after door closure.
  22. You can download the map updates from the internet. The temp problem can be a outside temperature sensor.
  23. On a Fabia II with rear drums you can get sticky brakes.
  24. How can your fog lights work in isolation? Mine will only come on when I flick through the settings on the light switch, i.e. all other light being on NAD the fog light.
  25. The jet points onto the rear screen. You can adjust it within 70° or so.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.