Skip to content

26DIPP

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by 26DIPP

  1. We have a small leak that from the oil pan I want to fix on a 2009 1.4l petrol engine - BXW. ERWIN describes that the exhaust which runs a handwidth under the pan has to come off. Has anyone removed the pan without removing the exhaust header pipe? Also it states that a special VW cleaning and degreasing agent should be used. How special does a cleaning and degreasing agent have to be?
  2. I have compared some of the fuse settings with a F II ERWIN diagram and there are quite a few different. I have attached the diagram. Check them against your handbook and your current setup. I have changed fuse 27 and 47 in our Fabia and on the PDF. Just ignore my notes. https://www.briskoda.net/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=177877
  3. I know about the 7°C marker. I have been using winter tyres for 36 years. In the dry - even around 0°C ground temp - summer tyres are o.k. If I drive locally and can react to weather changes I do not change tyres. Agreed, winter in the summer are safer than summer tyres in wintery conditions.
  4. The magic spray is a good dose of fairy liquid or similar in water in a spray bottle. It foams when air bubbles through it. If you have time, take the wheel off lay it levelled on its side and spray the fairy onto the rim / rubber and leave it. after some time you will see white foam in one spot. mark it with gaffa tape, refit and go back to the tyre place.
  5. I have winter tyres in the garage and unless I have a longer trip planned I just watch the weather forecast. If frost and snow start to get forecast I put winter tyres on. It takes about one hour plus cleaning the summer wheels.
  6. As e-Roottoot says check with your insurer. Snow chains on tarmac do not damage your tyres but the chains wear down quickly and the ride comfort is more that of a tank in the field. Also your steering is less precise.
  7. I use Thule 755 with aero bars. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Thule-755-Rapid-System-Foot-Pack/324310810007?hash=item4b826e3d97:g:p8sAAOSw2ZhfcG-~
  8. I would prefer a nice, subtle, clean tailgate. The Skoda logo is quite o.k. I know that Volvo are doing it and the new Golf logo is spread out.
  9. Been there, done it. I have been caught out in snow on a motorbike a couple of times. It is doable, but neither fun nor safe and would still not recommend or sanction it. Having the right tyres on in snow can be real fun. With the wrong tyres it is doable but you can become the passenger in the driver seat...
  10. And S K O D A across the back looks out of place and stupid too as we are at it.
  11. The roofbox to roofbar fitting is different from one model to the next, even if from the same manufacturer. You can fit the bars first and then lift the box on top, but you need to know the clamp distance. I tend to fit the roofbox to the bar and then lift the bars + box onto the roof. Put pieces of cloth around the feet to avoid nasty paint damage. You do this with 2 people, then get the box straight before tightening everything. If you buy a wide box, look for one that opens from both sides, i.e. left and right.
  12. This might have worked, but is a bit like the face masks and Coronavirus thinking it prevents cross infection. It gives you plenty of false confidence.
  13. I know this thread is a few months old. If you look at the attached file and compare the properties of different oils you can see that an A5 oil is an A3 oil with improved viscosity - added A1 - properties to make it more fuel efficient, i.e. less viscous at lower temperatures. If you use the "recommended" Ford oil and add some of the old, left over Octavia oil your engine will be fine. 0W30 and 5W30 only differ in the fact that the 0W30 is less viscous and there is less friction and better fuel efficiency again when the engine is cold. I topped my Superb CFGB up with left over oil I used on the previous V70. The properties are not that different and even big franchised garages often have a contract with one oil supplier and fill your car up with something similar rather than the exact spec oil. This was an UK / EU requirement in the early 2000s to reduce fleet consumption. Oil_specs_2002.pdf
  14. https://www.tvnow.de/shows/auto-mobil-174/2020-09/episode-39-thema-u-a-porsche-panamera-mit-lance-3424969 The link is to a german car programme. Go to 17:25 in the clip. Same issue on a Audi A3.
  15. Press the 2 L and R arrow buttons at the top left and microphone button at the top R until it boots off and let go.
  16. Does anyone know whether the "Service Reset" in the Maxidot can coded in with VCDS?
  17. Have you tried a radio reset?
  18. How do you bleed the clutch without pressure bleeder?
  19. I was driving at about 77 MpH and had a sudden loss of power on the way to the airport. The car could hardly crawl up hills. After switching off and on the engine the light was off and power was back. The car has the scandal 2l TDI. 6 years old and 54000M on the clock. I have no DTC reading yet. On holiday. Is this the EGR?
  20. As a bored stiff Corona project I wired the fog lights in a 2009 Fabia II up to be used as DRLs. I got a 12V from the blue wire at BCM, XS4, pin T18a/9 (connection 61 in main wiring harness) which runs 12V only when the engine is running. I then connected it to the standard DRL switch in the fuse board. I used a relais to switch the DRL pin from the light switch - T17a/3 - to go onto the fog lights. In order to stop the dashboard front fog warning light to come on with the fog lights as DRLs I soldered a 30SQ045 - 30A 45V - Schottky diode in. This allows a forward current from the light switch to the fog lights and dash warning light but stops the DRL current to go back to the dash warning light. The parts needed are: DRL switch - 5J0 941 503 a relais a Shottky diode 30SQ045 a few spade connectors heat shrink tubing and some wire. Below is a DIY current flow diagram. Now while some cars that use fog lights as DRLs have an E-number stamped on the fog lights, I am using bog standard Fabia II fog lights. In the eyes of a very picky MOT tester this could be a fail, but you can always switch the DRL-fog lights off altogether.
  21. As I had a spare autodimming / anti dazzle mirror from our Superb, I thought I might fit it in my daughter's Fabia pre FL. There are two types of autodimming mirrors which will fit - one with a small foot like the original Fabia mirror and the one for a RLS bracket. Mine was for the later. Parts needed: 1K0857511E - Autodimming mirror 3AA845543B - RLS windscreen bracket 4B0971833 - 6-pin connector 000979009 - Female crimp / terminal connectors to wire everyting into the 6-pin connector And wires Polyurethane windscreen adhesive - I used Autostar Germany PU 9000 Ultimate Windscreen Sealant 310ml. The pin outs for the 6-pin connector are: T6ay -Autodimming mirror /1 - ro/ge - to switched Fuse (ignition +15) /2 - Br - earth connection /3 - sw/bl - Reverse gear output, J519, XP1 T6o/2 (black) /4 - Wing mirror, not in use /5 - Wing mirror, not in use /6 - br/ro - front interior rooflight - I soldered a wire between the switch and bulb. Before you start check that the new mirror works. Connect it to 12v and earth and check the green light comes on. To remove the old mirror hold onto the foot and twist it. The RLS bracket and mirror will fit over the existing bracket. So you do not need to remove the old one. I prepared a loom from the mirror to the fuse box and J 519 above the driver's foot well and taped it with wire tape. I took it round the driver side A-pillar. To remove the trim simply pull the trim off. There are 3 metal clips holding it. They like to slip out. At the bottom you need to unclip the speaker connector. Pin 1 I soldered onto the cigarette lighter. I moved my cigarette lighter onto a switched 12V+. Pin 2 goes onto another earth. You can use the interior light, but ours was very short and I did not want to solder up there and wired it behind the dashboard. Pin 3 goes to the BCM (J519), XP1, Pin2 (T6o/2) Pin 6 as above to the roof light. This is a 12V+ into the mirror when the light is on. Once the wire is in, glue the bracket to the windscreen. Clean and degrease the glass well. The description says it has cured within 1 hour but mine was still soft and I left it over night. The new mirroe simply slides on. If it is a little stiff, use some oil on the mirror springy clamp. I did not use a harness cover – 1K0 857 593A, 1K0 857 594. I used shrink tubing instead. Connect the wire and put the trim onto the mirror. Time needed about 4 -5 hours.
  22. Hi, Does anyone have a copy of a wiring diagram for a Fabia II 2009. I do not know whether the wiring was changed with the update in 2010. I am looking for the fuse board and heated washer jets in particular.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.