Everything posted by nickytheshaft
-
Headunit screen upgrade MK3
@pab567 another Mission for you
-
Does it matter what Air filter I buy?!
Mine came with Mann so i stick with it
-
Octavia mk3 not displaying --- for cruise control
I don't know what to say, my 2014 vrs got new never did that
-
Octavia mk3 not displaying --- for cruise control
This is normal. Mine is Always on, when I start the car it also won't display anything until I set it. So no problems here
-
Does it matter what Air filter I buy?!
For the price of a filter, stay genuine. You can get theme on Amazon or any part website
-
Whistle in car after Stage 1 Remap
Good news
-
Whistle in car after Stage 1 Remap
So how did all of this end up?
-
sat nav - no announcments
If you reduce the volume while it is speaking then it xill stay low oe off. Go the sound settings, you should have the speech volume somewhere
-
MIB upgrade/update
Changing the glovebox unit may give you Bluetooth for music but not for phone calls. You need to wire a microphone for that. For satnav, you will also have to wire a GPS antenna as it is not in the unit.
- Android 10 Stereo £162 AliExpress gamble! Results:
-
Whistle in car after Stage 1 Remap
Whiseling from the front is most likely the turbo failing. The tune was pretty cheap, as @MarkyG82said, did they check the health of the car and tune it on a dyno or did they just send a standard map. Also After turning the TSI, you have to run on 98 fuel. In France, a proper tune is more like 650 euros. Take the car back, have the standard map put back in, get your money back and go to a proper specialist because a whiseling turbo is never good.
-
MIB1 android auto/ car play solution
The stock mic if the car won't work as it is a powerd mic with a noise cancelling function. As for the unit mic, it depends. Usually internal and external don't have noise cancelling. On the units I tried, the call qualitiy was really crap. I managed to improve it by adding an external noise cancelling mic powdered by usb but you will never get the car mic quality
-
Winter season tires Octavia A7 4x4 135kw
I went for vredestein on 17 inch platin rims.... Cheap and good Platin claim that their winter tyres are performance tyres... But whi druves fast on cold roads. Anyway I don't think size is an issue. Inal happy with them after 4 years. Good year also have good tyres
-
VRS Estate Aquaplaning
Are these prices for the tyres or tyres+ fitting. The prices I gave for France are only for the tyres, fitting is about 25 euros per tyre.
-
VRS Estate Aquaplaning
What??? In France the eagles are 85 euros for the 17 inches and the ps4's are 103 euros. 120 pounds is about 137 euros, this seems really overpriced
-
VRS Estate Aquaplaning
Ps4's are expensive. You will have the same experience with the eagle's, and for less money. I run them on my tsi vrs and changed the front ones (that's where the eagle 3) after 55000 km. Rears are still good with lots of gripp, great in dry and wet. I Always run in large puddles to amuse my son and the car doesn't moove an inch. I had ps4's on my Hyundai coupe V6 so I have material to compare.
-
VRS Estate Aquaplaning
The issue is surely the tyres. In the summer, i ride on eagle 6. Yesterday I changed to winter tyres as they are mandatory where I live from November and yes on winter tyres, the car doesn't feel as solid on the ground at highways speeds. I see you have all season tyres, usually they are ok for summer and ok for winter but not the best for grip.
-
Best tires for grip on octavia VRS MK3
Same for me. Eagle 's are the best and also rather cheap
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
Check with @pab567 Give him your vin number, he will help you and sell you what you need. He may be able to reflash your unit. I upgraded my mib1 to mib2 with his help
-
keep buying the wrong main unit for octavia mk 3 columbus head unit
The screen isn't the issue, it is just a screen. As marky said, the glovbox unit is the brain and has to be taiyored to your car.
-
How to update MIB OCTAVIA 2016
If it is the firware, you have it laying on this forum as well sas the procedure. If it is the units, then you have to check with pab. He is the guru here
-
Octavia vrs mk3 Bulbs - What are the correct bulbs?
- Upgrading/swapping radio to support bluetooth?
Thanks for answering- Infotainment Amundson to MIB2.5 any regrets
@ritthere you go- Android head unit with Skoda software integration?
This us a risky road that I already went. If you really want to go that route, get your unit from ebilaen. And don't go under the 4gigs ram model. Their units will show the drive mode. But beware, call qualitiy is really crappy.and these units don't understand s...t when you want to use vocal commands on android auto. They beep as to register your command but just don't understand a word so basically Android auto is useless. There is a huge post on the forum on these units. - Upgrading/swapping radio to support bluetooth?
Important Information
Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.