Warrior193
FREEDOM
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: Octavia VRS rear end issues
Everything posted by Warrior193
-
New battery required, compatibility check & replacement tips please
Hello RJ, does your car have automatic stop/start? - if so the battery you mention will not be compatible.
-
Engine shake and rattle
Very bad habit - If you dislike auto idle stop so much why not simply switch it off each time you drive? - keeping the car in gear with the clutch down places a lot of unnecessary wear on the clutch release and can also lead to unfortunate consequent issues, say, if your foot slips off the pedal for any reason.
-
If you thought that the paint on you new car is clean..
Hello Mikke, that is a very disappointing pre-delivery inspection.
-
Forgive me father, for I have sinned... Hocus Pocus
I noticed that even though you said there was 'just shy of 1/2 tank' of fuel, the fuel gauge was reading below empty - significant?
-
Replacing Yeti
I use that brands concentrated screen wash - can highly recommend.
-
Cannot refuel!!
That fuel gauge reading before refilling doesn't sound right to me - what is the capacity spec. for the 190?
-
Cannot refuel!!
Take careful note of what happens the next time you refuel, particularly as you're getting close to full tank. When you first found this issue, was the fuel gauge indicating normally for expected fuel use at that point?
-
DieselMontes BarnFind Subaru Justy
@skomaz would that work on faded roof bars too? Mine have gone a bit grey.
-
Car (Fabia 2010 petrol) won't start. Garage said it's a timing chain problem and they are not interested in fixing it. What should I do?
Was there any warranty with this vehicle when you bought it?
-
Tyre Pressures
As part of being an old Scout, I always carry a portable 12V power pack and a corded air compressor in my wagon, great for the many times I pick up a slow puncture from the seemingly countless nails and screws on the road - also useful for removing any possible risk of damage when being a good neighbour giving someone a jump start.
-
Hello, I only came on here for advice on a new (used) car
Hello Nicky, one thing sticks out for me - that is particularly low mileage for a diesel, there is a possibility of issues with the DPF if it hasn't had enough running to complete regeneration cycles.
-
Tyre Pressures
Depending on your estimated load, simply extrapolate a suitable pressure somewhere between the two sets of figures.
-
Mk 3 Octavia - alternator low output
But vehicles with the 'older/normal type' of charging systems did not have regenerative charging - I have seen nothing to suggest that disconnection of the sensing tag on the battery disables regenerative charging - it simply disables the idle stop function by simulating a battery voltage that is too low to allow it.
-
Mk 3 Octavia - alternator low output
The two things that concern me about that are - 1; That disables auto idle stop (which, personally I find useful, but disable when anticipating a very short stop) 2; Does that not raise the possibility of overcharging the battery when driving conditions change and more regenerative charging becomes available?
-
Will the spare from my Mk II fit on a Mk III?
An online search tells me that your Mk2 17" wheel bolt pattern is the same, 5 x 112. Depending on the width and profile of the 17", the increase in ride height over the 16" will be minimal - as will the effect on speedo accuracy - E.g. if your 17" tyre is 205/50/R17, ride hight will increase by 2.45mm and speed at indicated 60MPH will decrease by approx. 0.5MPH compared to the 16.
-
Will the spare from my Mk II fit on a Mk III?
Hello Martin, welcome to the forum. Probably - I think I have MK2 Audi wheels on mine at the moment. Check the PCD of the wheel bolts - this information is moulded into the inside face of the wheel (if alloy) - If it says 5 x 112, the wheel will fit, the overall tyre diameter will most likely be very similar because the 17 will probably be a lower profile (smaller sidewall)
-
Need support for Octavia MK3 1.4 TSI (CZDA) timing belt replacement
Agree with Dave, it's the TDI that requires water pump replacement with the timing belt change.
-
Mk 3 Octavia - alternator low output
^^^ What AG says, I do this every month or two, due to my running low annual miles - mostly 18 mile round trip work commute. A likely drawback to 'smart' alternators is possible long-term battery damage caused by persistent low charge state when running relatively low mileage - I would have thought that it would be possible for VAG to build an algorithm into the charging system, to allow it to act more like a conventional alternator during frequent short runs - although this might change the test emission figures.
-
Mk 3 Octavia - alternator low output
Call me cynical, but that's what I suspected.
-
Mk 3 Octavia - alternator low output
The SOC function appears to have been deleted around MY16 (I wonder why?). My 2015 Octavia does not have it.
-
Air Compressor Clutch
I believe that what is being described as a 'clutch' by that online supplier is actually a shear-plate pully.
-
Replacing Yeti
Which, prior to July, many dealers were practically 'blackmailing' customers into unnecessarily changing cam belts by frightening them with the hugely expensive consequences of failing to do so.
-
Fabia 3 diesel any way to stop it adding accelerator revs when taking off
Hello Gman, I believe that's called 'anti stall' SWMBO's Fabia is the same on first start, and can be quite aggressive while engine is cold - it appears to tone down after 20-30 seconds.
-
Hello, I only came on here for advice on a new (used) car
Personally, I'd go with the one with full history - check that DSG gearbox services have been carried out if car is fitted with wet clutches - which I believe the one you are looking at has.
-
skoda superb elegance 4x4 mk2 2012 glove box lockable or not
Hello PA, I would consider something else - extremely unlikely that this would be secure, even if available. Mr. criminal will only destroy your dash if confronted with something like that.