Skip to content

Warrior193

FREEDOM
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Warrior193

  1. Which means that mine is inoperative for some reason. Hymmm.
  2. I think the broken-off hose barb (smaller) part will just be inside the small hose.
  3. Interesting, my Octavia (MY16) doesn't appear to have this feature - I assume this was introduced later.
  4. That's one reason - it also gives storage space underneath for a lot of things like roof bars, tow rope, tie-down straps etc.
  5. Hello, have not noticed this before, but while driving SWMBOs Fabia today, the fan appears to boost to max. when selecting reverse - A/C was on, with fan set to approx. 50% - can anyone explain the reason for this? I've not noticed this feature in my Octavia.
  6. Generally, apart from the GM Holdens and the Ford Falcons, NZ just imported English models - My first car was an Austin A40 Cambridge - identical to the A50, apart from the smaller engine.
  7. Wow, I'm pretty sure I've never seen one of those - the 105E was very popular in NZ, my cousin used to race one, and there was even a Jag-engined one regularly raced as a stock car at Te Marua.
  8. My understanding from the OP was that the issue was the IGNITION lock sticking - not the door - I assume that the ignition lock was the part replaced - is this correct?
  9. Hello KW, welcome to the forum. I advise caution - AFAIK, the compressor lubricating oil is entrained with the refrigerant, therefore no refrigerant = possibly no oil.
  10. Hello John, as Gammyleg says, more information required re. any recent work - but that sounds a little like an air-lock in the cooling system.
  11. My understanding is that the battery SOC function was disabled around 2015 - my MY16 Octavia just displays SOC----% when I attempt to read it.
  12. Of course the elephant in the room is the smart charging system - the system will attempt to recover energy by using regenerative charging as a default, you may not see the alternator kicking in in some circumstances unless you are recording battery state over a reasonable period.
  13. Yes, it is possible that the old battery had a fault that was triggering the alternator in an attempt to charge it - but keep an eye (and monitor battery condition) because the alternator should start charging at some point. If it doesn't, it suggests that there is another fault in the charging system.
  14. Hello, it depends on how far the wheels are pushed out by the spacers - and the original offset (ET) If pushed out too far, there will be a significant increase in the leverage exerted against the bearing, probably resulting in increased wear. It has been a very long time since I messed around with axles and wheel bearings - can anyone tell me if the wheel bearings are ball or tapered rollers nowadays?
  15. Only charging to 80% is probably better for extending the life of the battery pack - but not going to help their achievable range.
  16. @J.R. - I was referring to safe or legitimate options. Timpsons quoted me around £130 a few years ago, but it meant travelling to another branch.
  17. Hello Geoff, AFAIK there are only two options available to you - Stealer or some branches of Timpsons.
  18. Hello Barbara, welcome to the forum. Have you asked your mechanic why that was done?
  19. And very likely a lot of uncontrolled light scatter directed into the eyes of drivers coming towards you.
  20. ^^^^ Agree with above - even if the drain of the camera is only milliamps while left plugged in, it appears that this constant, unexpected load prevents other vehicle systems from entering 'sleep mode' when shut down, resulting in a significantly greater drain on the battery, than just from the dash cam.
  21. Hello, the inexpensive one I bought for SWMBOs Fabia was not a good fit, so your guess is most likely correct. I eventually got her one of the 'Boot Bag' type - eye-wateringly expensive - but a perfect fit.
  22. The pollen filter is supposed to be changed at certain service intervals (IIRC, 3 years?) Despite my using Skoda Dealer workshops for at least the 1st 5 years servicing, they never even checked it! Better to just change it yourself and inform whoever is carrying out servicing that it's not required - same goes for engine air filter.
  23. Hello, welcome to the forum. That is most likely to be a fault with the DSG lever position micro switch. Issue is pretty widely covered on this forum if you do a keyword search.
  24. Hello Ricco, welcome to the forum. I'm practically certain they will fit - I have very similar size on my Mk3. To confirm this, I suggest putting your data into 'Will they fit' online.
  25. Hello Phil, welcome to the forum. I think that is a Amundsen Bolero MIB1 - you can get all the infotainment information on display by going into the settings.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.