Everything posted by thamestrader
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
-
2022 Karoq - unable to get correct rear wiper replacement
You need this part. Part number is K565955425B 5B01 Wiper Blade. At SKoda Dealers £27.12 its slightly more expensive than Halfords £9.89 for the one that doesn't fit! I had exactly the same problem with my 2023 Sportline and Halfords only had the wrong type listed - its just the end of the catch thats the wrong size.
-
Karoq (2024) 1.5 TSI Manual Gear/Clutch Questions
We have both a Fabia and Karoq and the seat to pedal position is quite different, the Fabia is typical small car whereas the Karoq is an SUV with a more upright seating position so maybe raising the seat height may improve the leg to clutch position. Both our cars are DSG, but the DSG is a bit “marmite” - I like Marmite and the DSG!
-
2022 Karoq 1.0 Tsi Clutch slipping
You mentioned a mileage of 38,000 miles, if the rear pads need replacing after only 38k miles that is not very good. Rear pads should last at least 100k miles, lends weight to the hill hold or electric hand brake not releasing fully.
-
2022 Karoq 1.0 Tsi Clutch slipping
I recall reading a post from an owner with a low mileage 1.0 with a clutch issue. Search this forum because I think it was eventually proven to be a faulty clutch.
-
Mystery item on rear suspension
Thanks - that makes sense.
-
Mystery item on rear suspension
While swapping nearside wheels front to back, cleaning the wheel arches etc I noticed on the rear suspension a strangle link from the lower arm to a fixed point above. It’s the green plastic part. It appears to transmit the movement of the lower link to a sensor as there is a plug and cable attached. The link is double jointed and not very strong so can only be for sensing suspension movement. I’m guessing it might be to either Electronic Stability Control - I don’t have DCC . Any one any thoughts?
-
2018 Karoq 4x4 2.0 TDI SE L - extended warranty and tyres/wheels?
@Nibbos i don’t think there is a recess in boot floor - the polystyrene storage creates the wheel shaped void for the spacer saver wheel. A full size 8 inch wheel and tyre would be too high and above the boot lip.
-
2018 Karoq 4x4 2.0 TDI SE L - extended warranty and tyres/wheels?
The spare wheel, tool kit and storage were from ŠKODA, it was an option package ordered when built, I bought the car when it was 6 months old. The boot floor is raised up as a result. Cargo nets are a standard Karoq feature, like the umbrella under the front passenger seat. The nets clip onto metal hoops in the floor of the boot. The net across the back at the top hooks onto the metal hoops that the seat back latch onto, the side nets also hook on there as well and to hooks under the parcel shelf
-
2018 Karoq 4x4 2.0 TDI SE L - extended warranty and tyres/wheels?
4x4 ride is significantly better than 2wd due ti thd combination of R45 tyres and the multilink rear suspension, 2wd have a beam axle. Reducing diameter and increase sidewall height will affect the handling. My Karoq came with Bridgestone Duellers, which are. Summer tyre, I find the ride OK and road holding is excellent, I will be changing ti Michelin Cross Climates or Goodyear All Season when they wear out. I am expecting to get 20k miles out of the set. I would see how it performs with the existing wheel tyre setup at least till the current tyres wear and need replacing. Whatever warranty you decide on make sure it includes the gearbox if DSG, the Haldex, DPF and EGR. The EGR can clog up and fail with low miles/ short journeys. There is space in the boot for a space saver spare and tools which has the benefit of raising the boot floor. The factory space saver includes the tools and the polystyrene storage that fits around the spare.
-
Skoda Connect services 15% discount
Mine was extended for 12 months from the expiry date of Dec 2025, two other posters have had thd same experience.
-
Skoda Connect services 15% discount
-
Skoda Connect services 15% discount
I’ been emailed a 15% off offer for Remote and Infotainment renewal, valid from 11th to 31st August. I think because my car was first regd on 1/9/2023. I was going to renew when they expired in Dec 25 anyway, so now they expire in Dec 2026. £68 instead of £80.
-
Error lights when towing caravan.
That’s encouraging. MPG does take a hit when towing.
-
Variable service plan 2023 PHEV Superb
28k miles, just over 18 months old and Variable servicing, that shouts company owned car to me. On fixed servicing that would have had two oil and filter changes and be due its third between 27k and 30k Draw your own conclusions. From what I’ve read over the years on the VW forum from one of the admins (who is an indie VAG garage) the consequences of variable servicing hit the next owners. As a Skoda approved used car it will be serviced and given a warranty. However it still has 18 months of its original warranty to run. How long do you intend to keep the car? If longer than 18 months I’d haggle for an extended warranty to start AFTER the 3 yr Skoda warranty expires. Also look carefully at the wording around the gearbox, PHEV and transmission components. If they fail it will be expensive. Also Skoda warranties usually say vehicle must have been serviced to manufacturers specification - this car clearly hasn’t been!
-
Error lights when towing caravan.
The ECU will detect bulb failures, which involves monitoring the voltages on the CANBUS so dirt on the caravan electrical plug or socket, a slightly loose bulb or wire in the light fittings could be the cause. Road bumps or the pull on the caravan cable when cornering might also cause voltage fluctuation. The nearside front marker light on my car trailer sometimes goes out - a light tap and it comes back on. However this does not trigger the usual VW & Skoda bulb failure dash warning. Did your towbar fitter have any issues with obtaining or doing the CANBUS coding?
-
Error lights when towing caravan.
Is this the first time the car has towed this caravan? Has the car towed other trailers without problems? Trying to determine whether its the car or the trailer thats the source of the problem.
-
Dry Clutch DQ 200 jerkiness when pulling away.
@Rory jerkiness was the best I could do in terms of a single word description. What it would do, and I couldn’t identify any common situations or predict when it happen, sometimes it wouldn’t move forwards on the level after releasing the foot brake, pressing throttle it would engage clutches and start to move, but then it would could disengage clutch's revs would rise, foot off throttle and try again, sometimes it would move off smoothly other time clutches would engage with a jump forward. Made driving into the garage and getting up to the back wall tricky. I screwed large blocks of wood to the garage floor to act as wheel stops. After STA reset things it moved away from rest smoothly everytime creeping on tickover which was impossible before.
-
Dry Clutch DQ 200 jerkiness when pulling away.
I posted this in the Fabia forum, but it may also be of interest to Karoq owners with the DQ200 dry clutch DSG gearbox, basically the 1.0 TSI, 1.5 TSI (2wd) and possibly the 1.6 TDI (2wd) - the 4x4 use a DQ 381 as do the more powerful 2.0 engines. Until today I thought that any issues with the DSG gearbox always required either a clutch pack or mechatronics unit to fix them, I wasn't aware that the clutch biting point could be reset. The Fabia is a 2015 model 1.2 TSI 110 bhp that has only done 20,000 miles DSG DQ200 clutch reset and adpation - Skoda Fabia Mk3 (2014-2021) - BRISKODA
-
DSG DQ200 clutch reset and adpation
Back in 2024 I posted this query regarding Hill Hold on the Fabia DSG. 2015 Fabia 31.2 TSI 110 DSG - does this have Hill Hold? - Skoda Fabia Mk3 (2014-2021) - BRISKODA The upshot was that it did, but there were some interesting replies so I have included a link to it. Since that post it has become clear that something was not right with the way the Fabia would pull away from rest: sometimes it would pull away smoothly other times it would remain stationary and require throttle to move and the amount of throttle needed varied - even when on the flat, occasionally it would require throttle engage with a jerk, disengage and then re-engage. Very awkward when driving into the garage or parking close to something.. I drive a wet clutch DQ 381 Karoq and previously had a wet clutch DQ250 VW and I know that the dry clutch DQ200 in the Fabia can be a little jerky compared to what I was used to. Its my partners car, she just says I don't know how to drive it! Today, on the recommendation of the independent local garage that services our cars, I took the Fabia to STA in Aylesbury, they ran diagnostics - no issues found. Then they performed a clutch reset and adaptation. It has transformed the way the Fabia pulls away from rest. Now on the level or a slight uphill slope it the clutches engage when the brake pedal is released and it starts to move allowing smooth pull aways from rest again. On steeper slopes it needs some throttle as you would expect. The drive back to MK was much smoother. Cost of the diagnostics and Clutch adaptation was £150 - worth doing as its avoided having to have the clutch packs replaced, which would be at least 10 times the cost.
-
Advice on Buying Diesel Octavia
General ŠKODA/VAG comments as I can’t offer specific Octavia advice. As you will be doing high mileage and likely keep your cars for a while. Avoid any car that has not had regular servicing, every 12 months or 10k miles which comes first, I.e. fixed and not variable servicing. DPF and EGR can cause problems when the diesel is only doing short journeys without the regular long runs to keep things clean. Squeaks and creaks are often dry suspension bushes easily fixed sometimes just by applying WD40. Good luck with your search.
-
Car Renewal Advice – Considering a Skoda Karoq (Lighting Question)
Karoq Matrix headlights are brilliant. They have auto dip bean, so switch to main beam and the headlights automatically alter the beam pattern to prevent dazzling oncoming and traffic in front. They also light up the kerb side of the road and road signs very well.
-
Does this quote seem a bit high ?
If you have the pads are binding on one of the front wheels, then both the pads and disc on that side will have worn more than the other side, how much depends how long they have been binding for of course. Both front discs and pads would have to be replaced. I don't quite understand why rear discs and pads require changing some frequently and at low mileages. My last VW did 108,000 and was still on the original rear discs and pads, our Fabia is 10 years old, admittedly only 20,000 miles but still on original discs and pads all round.
-
Trailer Assist
With regard to get aftermarket towbars and even Skoda Factory towbar fitted to an existing car with the CANBUS electrics correctly coded; up to MY23 seems to be OK, MY 24 cars seems to have issues regarding coding and MY 25 definitely have issues. For both these years it seems the only option currently is for the towbar to have been fitted by the factory during the build. On a separate point I'm now curious about Trailer Assist. I had the Skoda Factory electric swivelling towbar fitted to my 73 plate Karoq last year, it took 10 days though to get the coding from the factory, but once coded all has been fine. It never occurred to me that the coding might include Trailer Assist, so I've never looked to see if its set up or configured, so I shall have to have to look tomorrow.
-
Karoq 1.5Tsi spark plug replacement cost!
And that tool only works if the coil pack rubber/plastic material hasn't attached itself limpet like to the plugs which is what happened with ours.