Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Just checking - it's definitely not the rear level sensors is it ? (£100) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/403769951592
  2. Prezafab replied to b1ackb1rd's topic in Skoda Yeti
    https://bilthamber.com/product-category/anti-corrosion/ Not sure which but I keep coming across cleaning products from these people that are the best I've ever had
  3. Instead of buying my usual Michelin Cross Climates or Goodyear Vector all seasons, I've spotted some Yokohama Geolanders CV G058 all season at a great price to try out our 'new size'. Were fitted to Subarus for years so am thinking they must be a good all weather, bumpy road tyre ??? About 40% cheaper than my usual go to and solid reviews.
  4. Is the ride any better ?
  5. Thanks. That's food for thought. I'm not sure that I would go to a narrower width than the standard (for our car) 225s in case there's ever an insurance claim and they spuriously say 215s invalidate it. I'm guessing that the 225/55 would affect Speedo error a bit but not much.
  6. ... probably the lower powered one as hire cars often are in Spain. Decent transport on bumpy roads and cruising at speed.
  7. Had one as a hire car abroad last year. Rode really well, not that quick but fine for the job once up to speed, felt fairly solid. Interior roomy, but so-so (again, fine for the market).
  8. ... I was wanting to stick with the 'Monte Carlo' 17 inch wheels we have. Is it not worth it to change to 55s?
  9. Do they still sell the Fiat Panda 4x4...😁
  10. I suppose that re-mapping a 1.2 to 130/140 bhp is another option if the 1.4 is rare ?
  11. Great information ! Any ideas if fitting 55 profiles to a 17 inch wheel does help soften the ride or not ?
  12. 106 cars in total. Yes, but you will forgive me if it's only 28 or 29 ...? My last pre-EU5 diesel was a 2006 A6 Allroad 3.0 TDi which had 165,000m when I traded it in. New injectors (2 getting tired) but EGR valve and cooler were still fine.
  13. Once your DPF has been replaced, and presumably 3 of the 4 garages checked the EGR valve, then your car should last for ages unless it has already done something like 150,000 miles ? So, some cheap (!) Ideas to try for you. I have always used Miller's Oil diesel additives in all the diesels I've owned / leased. Someone will come on here and say it's snake oil, but I've never had a DPF issue on the 30 of the 50 diesels I've owned that had one, so I disagree... I would recommend their Diesel Particulate Filter Cleaner & Regenerator (lowers temp for regen).Also, once a month if you have a half hour drive planned, leave the gearbox in a lower gear (or S rather than D in DSG). it you are a 'typical' Yeti driver, the 1.2 gives 42/44 mpg overall (I agree what most people say, as my 1.2s did that also). My other half averaged 58.3 on a 200 mile motorway drive last week in our TDI 4x4 DSG, but its normally about 50.
  14. I've never driven a 1.6, but of all the ones I've had, I reckon that either the 170 2.0 TDi or 150 1.4 TSi (unless you need an auto) are the best suited. Feel free to disagree entirely ! I just had a relative's Fabia 1.2 TSi to sell and it's a great engine but reminded me that in a heavier Yeti it did a good job unless you needed to boot it.
  15. No problem. I had to do the Audi each autumn. Just remember to be careful as the plastic pipes can get brittle / fragile with age.
  16. I did have this on a previous Audi A6 where the roof was sound but when I got to the autumn, tiny bits of leaf foliage and dirt had blocked up one of the sunroof/ bulkhead drains and in heavy rain it was enough to 'burst the bank'. Just footwell, not headlining. Used bike brake cable on Audi to gently feed through.
  17. Don't worry, I'm with you on all of this !!! I once tried to explain my previous Volvo PHEV to my other half, and lost !😃
  18. Totally correct. My 3.0 Audi mild hybrid diesel has the BSG (belt driven starter generator) and is doing 45-52mpg. My Volvo diesel was a full PHEV and averaged 70mpg over 2 years. The Volvo recouped charge to the battery but didn't have a user decided regen setting like most true EVs do. Definitely post your Yeti vs Countryman findings in due course.
  19. Enjoy your new car, a logical choice I think ! For us, Yeti no.8 is only a bit more sophisticated than our Yeti no.1 was back in 2011. My Impreza Turbo is 24 now , but like the Yeti still is totally enjoyable to drive. It's how it makes you feel when you drive it - I'm sure there's lots to love about the Countryman and you will like the sophisticated bits !
  20. There is one really good YouTube video of the Vw branded head unit which I found the best because you could freeze it step by step because he explained each stage.
  21. I think it was this supplier as it came really quickly and they're the only ones who say it's send by 24he service. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/326161889484?_skw=skoda+yeti+tiuchscreen&itmmeta=01J7Y46DTMCZ7DKS75ZKRGFV7G&hash=item4bf0c378cc:g:K8AAAOSwx3xma0Bi&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA8HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKmF1q42Zod7UAu7ZSup%2BdGPGbwBd0W4%2FIoFr3RfsYLeJQHX0UN2CZ%2Fvgpvkj0ghEXDYM3ZqpiqQSGi8rSsFRDCrZkrYHzVc78K0iDd0UqDDsUJGYPGoSHXV%2BF2Ptdt6ieYpbIubqBosEegjuuYvixL8LBYEZ8iREkE5R4dpdlH7I4ISMRWCqSkUn5Ikdo9g%2B4y8jdiFsjCpN3NPLAYL9asa64DuoNZlLDMLh5UKWK%2FybeeMgRL7DL%2FYwqzMMp906cIRk%2B0z9xn%2BLnE5DogUNQ5xsGuE5%2BM4wEXoj%2Fhut8CMfQ%3D%3D|tkp%3ABk9SR7bdmcS_ZA&edge=1
  22. I think just ask the dealer those questions directly. If you don't , you are going off what people *think* should happen on here ! For what it's worth, our Dec 2017's screen's touchyness went on the left side a couple of months ago. I have an aftermarket warranty but that looked unclear on the stereo, a repairer wanted £200 plus sending the whole unit to them. So, using the advice on here, I bought a new screen digitizer for £26 and a couple of the right screwdriver type for another £5 and fitted myself after watching a good YouTube video. The only thing I did wrong was not quite seat the SD card reader board into its slot the first time. Otherwise, easy to do.
  23. You did amazingly well - maybe post a decent YouTube video for other people if you ever do it again ! I did start cutting and twisting the chrome clips off, but gave up after an hour because the black tabs on the grille itself were getting damaged as well in the process. That's why I went for a new grille as everything was incredibly tight on my car. Getting the new assembly of grille and black surround back onto the car needed two people to line up all the tabs into the front bumper moulding, otherwise it kept springing off before you could get the back edge of the lip of the flat 'bonnet lock gap' cover into its retaining groove.
  24. Prezafab replied to Hyeung's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Well, "you pays your money and makes your choice". As a backup, we've had Goodyear Vector 4 Seasons as well as (current) Cross Climate 2s on our Yetis. I don't think there's very much difference at all between them, both good.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.