Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Get a remanufactured turbo from a specialist in the UK (not a new Chinese one) and have fitted locally? For example only - this is listed as Borg Warner / KKK (OEM supplied) https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152816118462?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AYeti&_skw=skoda+yeti+remanufactured+turbo&itmmeta=01JBW1S3NZ4HKCX6VQ76ZQ254X&hash=item23948ceabe:g:5w4AAOSwZyRggAY5&itmprp=enc%3AAQAJAAAA4HoV3kP08IDx%2BKZ9MfhVJKlTgeTILZDG%2BEg8YXwESkVATkYyTOAtU24H8IxdUqpaELlNz%2FNxoRTghhwpePAORAlthEwVMSk27CFAxEPRm5XKy8tNeclObW3Ck1XmNBIQVBMwFq6%2Bu8%2BhqDuT8RMtKaJKsz5M%2Bq4NBqJZifrWzK0vD50cMuJHQ0WzKjbPkT9Qexa2tZMlX3%2BdfAsSs9S6P0fM11YBJmcLKiP8qvBwExrGFIWGtdLTeEhS1I7myL%2Bby5S9GrNxn6dwn5Us7coLDHYbQHbYowPEhX8F0LulMgfk|tkp%3ABk9SR4i75IHfZA Otherwise, get rid as is in France. Pointless bringing back and not exactly rare here.
  2. Re debris, my Subaru was like that when I took off the sill covers to check for rust last year. Fortunately only a miniscule bit of rust where the rear edge bolted up, and not the notorious spread into the rear arches. Back to the Yeti, I think it's just 'cosmetic' rust that you need to keep on top of preventing. Three of our Yetis have had the lower door corner rust bubbles which were repaired before they got really bad. Keep an eye on the door edge vertical rubber seals that get dirt and damp stuck behind tgem. I take them off every summer and clean out / dry.
  3. Sorry I actually meant Ad Blue injection...
  4. EGR valve ? No DPF on a 2013, so I'd wait for the diagnostics result - it might not be a major fault.
  5. I bought a set of those orange interior trim tools off eBay for a fiver. Our boot lock release needed replacing (quite easy really) earlier this year. From memory you just press in from the 'forward' edge first when refitting and work your way out. It should snap back into place when you tap it with the side of your fist.
  6. Prezafab replied to paco's topic in Skoda Yeti
    AI and on-line banking security must be a huge threat a few years into the future ?
  7. Ok, so if I stick with the 50 profile with a load speed of 98 compared with 101 for the 225s, will that technically ride marginally better after all ?
  8. I'm going to go for Continental All Season Contact 2 for a change (from Cross Climates or Vectors). I'm undecided on standard size 225 50 17 or whether to go for 55 profile (as discussed above). The Yeti is crashy on some of the truly awful roads around here - just not sure if we'll feel the benefit of a higher profile tyre or not ...?
  9. You're sounding as nerdy as I get when someone calls the Reliant Robin a 'Robin Reliant'!
  10. I did have to explain the 'whole brand thing' to my other half last week when she said she liked a Countryman she saw and 'is it still a Mini?'
  11. Thanks. Will make a note for next time it goes into the garage.
  12. I can't see the tax going up much in yours. Ours is £200 which isn't bad when you look at some older cars costing £735 a year. Also, My newer Audi is just coming up to 4 years old and I still have to pay another year at £600+ because the original owner paid over £40k new. It doesn't drop to £180 until its 5 years old, so it clearly has beggar all to do with emissions !
  13. A late, very low mileage 1.2 SEL Drive DSG Yeti sounds perfect for your needs 🙂
  14. Col, 8 years is nothing, and we bought a 'new' 7 year old one earlier in the year. My other half insisted on another and I know why. If you are 77, your Yeti will run happily until 2037 (20 years old, parts supply will be fine) and you will be 77+13=90 in 2037. Just keep the anti-rust going for you and the car 😀
  15. Prezafab replied to paco's topic in Skoda Yeti
    So still no Yeti then. Maybe they gave up the rights to the name for car applications - it's used for all sorts of other products.
  16. Prezafab replied to paco's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Some good designs though. Maybe AI will be a good thing! I think the only reason that there isn't another Yeti is because everything still has to start with a K. Maybe when another design chief comes in in 5 years and spouts nonsense about a 'new design language', we will get a Yeti.
  17. That's a great tip thanks. Will try that tomorrow.
  18. Ps creaky is the problem. I could deal with creamy brakes.
  19. Our drive is sloped and we reverse in - brakes starting to creak when we get out of the car, but handbrake on. Is this normally an adjustment or a sign that the rear pads / discs are getting due ?
  20. Section above rear light cluster / tailgate ??? Or is that too low ?
  21. Bizarre and good luck in solving.
  22. Sherlock Holmes would say that if no-one with a metal-roofed Yeti has reported this problem (where water is seen), it must be related to the sunroof in some way. The OP was talking about headlining off as the next stage - could well be.
  23. I think that's pretty good as the aerodynamics aren't great. I had an Octavia vrs 4x4 tdi (184) in 2018 and that struggled to do much more than 43mpg. There is even someone on You Tube criticising the latest 200ps (£50,000) tdi superb 4x4 which has a combined figure of 47.
  24. As my other half has just managed to average 58mpg over a 300m round trip (Lots of 50mph motorway roadworks), I definitely nominate the 2.0 TDi 150. 😇
  25. I don't know either - speak with the garage doing the mot - they should be able to tell you. I had a 2009 Subaru where it was the height level sensor rather than the headlight itself and I fitted it myself. It had rusted and become detached / loose.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.