Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Prezafab replied to Hyeung's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I would normally say 'they're fine' but the way insurers are these days on claims, I'd phone them and get a note on your file. Kwik fit show both W and Y rating in stock?
  2. Done at last. One of the fiddliest jobs I've done on a car. Very simple on paper but glad I gave up trying to remove the chrome trim from the original grille. The copy pattern grille was £65.
  3. To anyone attempting this, don't bother on what are 7-12 year old cars now. I got the whole grille off eventually, but separating the chrome from the backing grille so I can replace with the gloss black is a nightmare. Buying another black grille .
  4. Ah. Great on my Audi though - always powered if you want it to be or switchable power off to protect the battery if you want to leave it on while parked - such a simple solution.
  5. Or buy a Black Vue Conecta switch and power it from the diagnostics socket. Works great in my Audi.
  6. I can do the top 'chrome' plastic ones but it's the ones at the corners and lower down that I can't work out / don't want to break. (The trim arrived massively packaged from Czech, by the way !)
  7. Gave up in the rain today - dry day required! I don't see how you can prise the clips apart behind the grille without breaking the fittings on the standard black radiator grille that the chrome frame mounts to ? Anyone have a video as the only one I found wasn't much use on what to press and hold without breaking. I had screw drivers and credit cards at the ready !
  8. If you mean just the silver bit, it's easy as just screws. We had ours painted body colour. This video is of an Octavia mk2 which will be very similar, so a good idea of what's involved. Worth a go I think. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JIHUiHgBRTU&pp=ygUeU2tvZGEgeWV0aSByZWFyIHBhcmtpbmcgc2Vuc29y
  9. We have Origamis and they are still ok. Not sure how longer power coating would last. I had diamond cut black and silver wheels repaired last year (for bleed under the lacquer and a couple of edge scrapes) on my Volvo after doing my 'due diligence' to find someone who knew what they were doing. Cost £105 a wheel but totally as new and lots of dealers used them to get used cars up to standard. I'd be inclined to do your research locally and get one wheel done to see how they do.
  10. And still very good on economy compared with a regular autobox of the same age. If you have been happy with the 1.2 in the Roomster, the DSG makes good use of that engine's low down torque and power delivery. If you search enough on here there will be lots of opinions on changing gearbox oil or leaving it well alone. If it's smooth now, then enjoy.
  11. Make sure it drives well and has had some Skoda dealer services at some stage in its life that would have caught any issues before it went out of the dealer network. We have had 7 x DSG Yetis and one manual. Half and half petrol and 4x4 diesel which have different DSG boxes. Highest mileage in two were over 100,000. Never had an issue (so far) except one was slightly jerky when cold.
  12. Look up screen digitizer ? If you are pressing the left hand side of the touch screen and it isn't responding...
  13. You can change your own screen digitizer for £25. See ebay and You Tube. Maybe you do that first and see how it is ?
  14. Glad you're sorting. (My old Audi allroad started like yours at a similar mileage).
  15. Ok, will do, thanks. OEM black grille:- 69.99 + postage. Black Mirror caps:- Failed on Amazon ones even though they should have fitted. Eventually bought from a UK eBay company that supplies and paints. One needed a line of glue to hold onto a clip, but good. Have painted stuff myself but were fairly reasonable. Front and rear grey plastic in bumpers:- it was cheaper to buy scrap yard extra grey bits and leave them with a friendly local body shop for a few weeks to fit in around other work, for cash. Called me when ready to fit the painted ones (2 hours).
  16. Everything on our 2017 Yeti is now de-greyed (bumpers & mirrors) apart from the chrome grille surround, so it's all metallic blue or black. Its Monte Carlo ish with the right wheels on it. I understand that you need to push in the tabs on the old grille frame to release it and I've read that cutting up old credit cards works well (in more ways than one). Anyone changed it themselves and have a better idea before I have a go ?
  17. Wheel bearing ?
  18. If you want it hassle free, buy a Black Vue model with the switched cable that plugs into the diagnostics port. I got a factory reconditioned set off eBay with 2 cameras and a years warranty and fitted to my Audi. No hard wiring required but acts exactly like it is. Big thumbs up.
  19. So not plugged in properly after you'd put the Amundsen back in after its screen repair ?😉 (My SD card wouldn't work at first after I replaced the screen myself because it wasn't quite seated).
  20. Ok, last time I'm going to ask. Have you read the owners manual on satellite reception?🤔
  21. Er, that's what I said above. The Octavia owner read the handbook and found out if and how many satellites it could see...
  22. This post on Octavia talks about seeing 10 of 15 available satellites, so it must be in a sub menu ? https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/332801-amundsen-sat-nav-total-failure/
  23. I wouldn't be so dismissive actually. If you have a C-Tek charger already, put that on. From experience with two of our eight Yetis 🤗

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.