Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. It's a really interesting comparison with the Yeti. From the 3 hour drive after collecting it, I would say the Roomster rides less stiffly than the Yeti, but the Yeti has far better headlights !
  2. Just bought a Black Edition to go with our current Yeti (we've owned a few). It drives really well.Any tips or pointers?
  3. That's part of the issue, but I thinking the majority is that they are just 'too bright' or too much of a contrast in the dark. I've noticed they are a real problem on some very new'ish cars on roads with inclines and dips. I'm regularly dazzled by cars appearing on a 60mph A road where I'm going up the hill and the LEDs are twinkling at me.
  4. I wouldn't worry about the removal of the private plate causing an issue. A buyer's history check will show the 'date of last V5 issued', which will be for the plate change. You have the paperwork, so no concern. I always use AutoTrader to sell my cars - it disguises your number, and you attract serious potential buyers. I sold my hobby Audi A2 recently and had 1800 views in 3 weeks. EBay and Gumtree arent very good in my view. On insurance, get that issue out of the way before you agree for someone to look at it - please bring temporary insurance proof for my registration (it costs £15/20 a day), which might see off any characters. Car-wise, is a Skoda Scala any good for you? It's basically a Golf like the Leon, but it might be a good option to trade the Yeti against. I know yours is too old for a dealer to retail, but they likely have an arrangement with a local trade r to take the 'older stuff'. The Yeti is still very saleable. What model of Yeti do you have and what's the mileage out of interest?
  5. I think every 4 or 5 years is spot on to be honest. The Yeti has the cheaper gas (my Audi was 3x the cost at the same garage). Might help the compressor as well if things are running low?
  6. I think it's luck of the draw to be honest. We bought yet another Yeti last year and found a perfect 67 plate L&K, but ended up with an SEL just because it has no sunroof. I tried to convince myself that I could placate my other half if the L&K started leaking, but decided I was too weak! if it is the roof I would ask people on here who have used a garage or roof specialist that knew what they were doing to resolve. Ideally one that has fixed a few - e.g. Tiguans, Audi etc.
  7. Not sure if this thread helps or not. There are also a couple of threads about leaks on car with no sunroof - I would maybe start with those before going down the many L&K sunroof threads.
  8. I gave up looking when we had our previous Black Edition (with similar skirts) after getting ones that should have fit but didn't. Our colour coded late SEL has four mudflaps 😁, I could be wrong but there was something about the Yeti City model (non Outdoor) maybe having some compatible ones, and I'm thinking Indian market for some reason. I'd given up by then.
  9. Sunroof checks. Everything else can wait 😀
  10. As you say, it's a minefield. One route could be to get one of the later model Yeti's unit with or without built in Sat nav. You can then get a dealer / audio expert to enable the SmartLink function, which gives you Apple Car Play, Android Auto. On saying all that it might be cheaper going aftermarket with a good, local to you audio specialist!
  11. In the end I managed to find a set of good used 215 60 16 Michelin Cross Climates and winter wheels. This is unscientific, but as the car had 225 50 17 Cross Climates on the front before, I think a fair comparison can be made on the same roads. I reckon they are '15%' more comfortable than before.
  12. Thanks for the straightforward explanation 👍
  13. This is a great thread, so I'm back on it again ! Carlston, the original poster was asking about a 16 inch wheel with a ET50 offset. I'm thinking of doing the same - what actually does a higher offset mean in practice - coming from a standard 225 50 17 Yeti wheel ?
  14. Prezafab replied to CFBScout's topic in Skoda Yeti
    You just need to search, but this was one I ask for myself that had some good replies on:- https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/524671-the-most-comfortable-2255017-tyres/#comment-5970366
  15. Prezafab replied to CFBScout's topic in Skoda Yeti
    They are definitely not 255 50 17 as standard. Try 225 50 17 😀 also, search on here there is a good thread with all the options on tyre sizes, wheel specs etc.
  16. 1) Not really. We've owned a few TSi and a few TDi Yetis. One TSi had an oil leak at fairly low mi les, fixed under warranty. Listen for timing gear noise at idle if higher miles. If DSG, the mechatronic can fail. 2) As with previous comments, the pre facelift 140 and 170 (a few made it to the facelift) were both good engines, with no adBlue required. The 150 is a bit more economical, but has adblue. I liked the 170 for performance, but the 140 and 150 are both good and you can have 4wd to use all the power.
  17. Get a set of small Torx screwdrivers for the fiddly screws. If you are systematic it's easy. Also, make sure that the SD card reader is seated correctly in the PCB before putting everything back together.
  18. I hadn't thought about 55 profile... You have reminded me though that the worst riding car I've ever had was also on 40 profile 19s. It was a Tiguan 2.0 TSi R line 210 DSG on 255 40 19. No suspension travel, rock hard all the time. Hated it. Also, the gearbox and engine were really badly matched. Holding onto gears too long or dropping down a gear or two when not needed. Great on paper, crap on the road ! Back to 55 profile - any recommendations ?
  19. Sticking with 17 inch wheels, any other All Season recommendations ? We had an hour's drive on a particularly dreadful cross country road yesterday. The car was rocking, banging and crashing - stiff necks and shoulders for the two of us. The suspension is fine and I normally run 32 psi. The front 2 Cross Climates are getting worn on the outer edges now, so I'm hoping two (soft?) New tyres will help.
  20. Definitely worth a go with a professional cleaner (rather than a random bloke with a pressure washer/ blaster) - read people's reviews first. Also, I know it's more money, but you could also get the fix reversed / mapped out.
  21. I had one as well (2.5 XteN version) but it had the slower auto box. Drove well but my 2.0 Turbo PPP Impreza wagon is still borderline hilarious when I let it out on a dry day 😉
  22. Positives :- One of the great do it all, everyday cars. Everything feels solid and arguably more premium than some luxury offerings today. The disparity in quality is eye opening. Everything from the brakes, steering, gearshift feel superior. A sturdy feeling underpins it all. Build quality, NVH, and calibration of controls are leagues ahead. It is very clear to see why it ended up with the reputation it did. Kind words from a performance / enthusiast orientated car mag !
  23. Interesting comparison of the Duster 130 4x4 with a Yeti (ok the blue 1.8 tsi heritage fleet car). Lots of positive reflections on the Yeti. £6.50 or flick to page 124 for a cheeky browse in a local newsagent near you 😀
  24. Don't forget that they also used to do a very dark green (like BRG) as well. I saw one earlier this year - I think it was on a 60 or 61 plate.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.