Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Glad you looked at it - each one you see makes It dead easy to spot a really good one! Re rust and the Fabia comment. I (bought and) sold my elderly mum's mk2 07 and also her mk2.5 2014 last year. Both were totally rust free, despite living on the drive at the seaside in all weathers. For the Yetis that we've owned privately rather than as company lease cars, two of our mk1s and one mk2 have had minor rust bubbling on the lower doors which we have had treated and repainted, as it creeps under the paint. Our latest 2017 hasn't got any (yet!?) You should not see any more rust than this on decent ones, and as it's treatable, you can negotiate with most sellers if you point it out to them (approx £250 a door). The one you've just looked at had more than that. Good call leaving if he wouldn't budget on the price. Keep looking. There are still some decent private ones around at sensible money (unlike some of the dealers) and MotorEasy have fair warranties that you can buy yourself for some peace of mind.
  2. Gumdrops one looks pretty much the same (apart from a different colour button) to the BlackVue 'Connecta' one I've had in the Audi for a couple of years with no issues. I've ordered the Amazon one for the Yeti now !
  3. I would just keep it really simple if he keeps deflecting you to a warranty. Ask him:- 1) What service history and receipts come with the car ? 2) If there's no record of a cambelt or haldex oil and filter change, offer £750 off whatever price he has indicated, for you to have the work done yourself. Warranties are mostly 'not very good' and if the car has not been serviced as it should, will chuck out your claim On the plus side, the MOT track record is good, so if you buy it, you might find that the previous owner has a load of service information ? How many owners ...
  4. I can't speak for the dealer. I would look carefully for rust bubbles on the bottom corners of the doors, and evidence of when the cambelt was changed. The MOT history looks good. https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/results?registration=Hn63byg&checkRecalls=true
  5. Sorry about the issues - I can't help with Nextbase, but next time around have a look at Blackvue with the plug and on/off switch that goes straight into the diagnostics socket. Doesn't need hard-wiring and the switch means it's either 1) Active all the time until the battery gets low (if there's local car crime): or 2) Only on when the ignition is on.
  6. Yes, probably on its way out. We put up with ours for a few months before giving up.
  7. Mine was failing but would work if you timed the key fob unlock press perfectly while squeezing the release handle? I replaced the lock/ latch unit first thinking it was that but it was the 'handle'.
  8. There's a hole in the plastic tailgate lining that you push a small screwdriver in. I ended up replacing the lock and then the microswitch 'handle'. I would start with the microswitch.
  9. Thanks Urrell. I hadn't done the Australia and untick retick properly ! I like Carista so far, as it's helping me monitor a charging issue on our other car as well.
  10. I thought I might be able to get this on our 2017 Yeti using the Carista app / dongle but it seems not. Unless you know how to? - it's not an option in the mfd menu, or on the carista customise menu ?
  11. Skoda Dealer price will be £12k+
  12. There are 5 Yeti 4x4 diesels listed in the whole of the UK on AutoTrader that have less than 100,000 miles for £6k and haven't been written off before. I'd have a look on there at the options and alternatives.
  13. Prezafab replied to vRSG60's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Where I was coming from is that if it tells me to add 5.7 litres with 1500 to go (I think you get that warning?) , you should be pretty safe to do the same, as you have the same engine ?
  14. Prezafab replied to vRSG60's topic in Skoda Yeti
    This doesn't fix the level issue being experienced, but I did mine today. 'Range 1500m - add AdBlue' 'min fill 1.25gal to 1.25gal'. x 4.54 = 5.7litres I put a plastic funnel in, emptied a 5l container in and then added a dribble more for the extra 0.7 litre 'Range 4500m'
  15. Worth putting on a trickle charger / CTek if you have one of haven't already tried ?
  16. I don't, but my other half is shorter than me and finds the one in the Audi very helpful...
  17. Toying with the idea of fitting to a 2017 Yeti. It has the head unit model without Sat Nav. Anyone had a go - i'd probably go for the genuine parts (maybe used)
  18. Fortunately in that dealers these days typically diagnose faults then replace whole modules or units, rather than repair them, and the amount of electronics & mild hybridisation affects all brands. My Audi has been in for an extended period of diagnosis but is still running fine. As an example, a faulty LED headlight would be over £2000 each, and that's dead easy to fit...I think a long warranty when you are getting older is a good point, provided you religiously take it back for servicing at the dealer, despite your mileage maybe dropping off. So you invest money in probably less than strictly necessary servicing, but you are protected from major failures.
  19. I've had an Audi courtesy car for the last 2 weeks with the same engine while my Audi is being fixed. Very smooth, economical, not particularly quick but good enough. On the warranty I bought the extended Audi warranty last year (fortunately!) Via the Audi website, and pay monthly for it. I wouldn't have any modern (ie expensive if something breaks) car out of the normal 3 year warranty without one.
  20. Another, newer Yeti it is then !? We got an SEL last time because we couldn't find an SEL Drive 4x4 TDi dsg for a price that wasn't insane, and we avoided the L&K just because of the panoramic roof 'risk'. I think the L&K is available with an electric drivers seat (as well as standard heated screen)
  21. I think the top model has heated seats, so maybe that has adjustable lumbar.
  22. I like the XC40 - it's a good all rounder. I'd still have a look at the latest Dacia Duster though, if you like the less flashy.
  23. Prezafab replied to vRSG60's topic in Skoda Yeti
    As above, and I just used a big ad blue and small ad blue bottle to put in the amount in it told me to.
  24. Prezafab replied to vRSG60's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I read on a previous VWG forum that if it's overfilled, the nox sensor gets wonky and it can need recalibrating with vcds. I just have the Carista dongle and app which gives you the tank level but I think thats all. Might be a clue though.
  25. Fitted new AGM Varta battery today - it was the original on the car (yellow paint on bolts) but was getting a bit chuggy when cold starting after 8 years. The Carista was really easy to do the Battery registration with (monitor and CAN bus). Impressed so far.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.