Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Mine was registered 31/12/17 but delivered Feb 2018 so I just missed out on the 2018 bucket! it's a shame they don't break it down into models like Howmanyleft do.
  2. I'm not sure if this will work on these d clips, but on the 'regular headlight ones ' which can be a pain, I put a narrow screwdriver into the body between the two bits that separate, rather than the tab part. I then find that eases the two parts apart without breaking the tab/clip ..?
  3. Our local (small) Vauxhall dealer has just taken in a late model Yeti and has it on their forecourt for £11995. I was trying to work out what someone would have traded in for ? Probably a Mokka electric? Bet they will regret it !
  4. I bought a second-hand unit off eBay for our last Yeti but it still wasn't brilliant. Easy to replace though.
  5. There was an early Skoda Favorit there this time and plenty of rare / interesting stuff that was great to spot. I like the randomness of it all.
  6. No. It's a good mixture of cars you don't see very often. Even my tidy but hardly a show car year 2000 UK Impreza wagon was the only one there, and it's ages since I last saw another one. There were more Sinclair C5s than any other model. I liked a very tatty Austin Ambassador for its braveness. You might be surprised.
  7. For those that don't know, it's the classic car show dedicated to the 80s and 90s, and now up to and including to the year 2000. The Yeti is 9 years off, but I'm sure it will be represented by some immaculate pre facelift ones in years to come. It will deserve to be. I took my original Impreza Turbo , and my favourite cars were an Alfetta GTV6, a Citroen CX GTI Turbo, a Toyota Tercel 4WD Estate and a mk1 Honda Accord Aerodeck with the 4WALB badge. Plenty of reminiscing and everyone in good spirits, without the clickiness you get at some car club shows. Recommended !
  8. Yes, I totally understand 're services coming back in house and centrally, after years of being outsourced. That was my time to leave. Purchasing over pragmatism.
  9. Glad it's at least behaving ok at the moment. I should have suggested the MAF when I mentioned the Impreza's O2 sensor, as I only cleaned the MAF in May. Unlike your Yeti it had a 'bouncing throttle ' where the needle would rev up to 3000rpm at idle ! I've never had to clean a Yeti one - is it easy ?
  10. The only dodgy injectors I've had to replace before were noticeable (jerky) under full load or high revs when they couldn't supply the right amount of fuel. An old Subaru turbo I had would 'not go up hills' until warmed up, in a similar way to yours, but that was ignition timing / fueling even though I replaced the 02 / lamda sensors. You could also try filling with good fuel, puts some Millers Power Ecomax in and leaving it in lower gears for a day. May not make a blind bit of difference...
  11. Prezafab replied to Haz_Raf's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Just keep it serviced and it's worth paying Skoda to enable the SmartLink in your head unit if it's not been done or you don't have nav.
  12. Prezafab replied to Jimbo2's topic in Skoda Yeti
    I think it was the Amundsen 2, but our 2017 SEL has the same format Bolero and we just had the SmartLink enabled at Skoda for £180 for Android Auto / Apple CarPlay / Google map satnav.
  13. I lost a silver thingy when I was changing the mirror caps from dirty silver grey ones to gloss black. Took ages to find another one as I didn't know what to ask for !
  14. There is a thread somewhere on here - I got mine from a UK supplier on eBay and watched a really good step by step guide on YouTube (I think for the identical VW version). I also needed a small set of small (torx?) screwdrivers for the diddy screws that secure the metal casing. If you are methodical, it's easy - Just doing things in order and not losing the screws ! The only mistake I made was that I un slotted the SD Card holder at some point and hadn't pushed it all the way down into its slot so I had to take the Bolero out again. Screen has been perfect ever since.
  15. Can't help with the presets issue but you can fix the screen yourself for £25. It wasn't that difficult and I'm no DIY guru ! Maybe do that job first ?
  16. Works fine in Auto lights setting. (This Yeti has one, last one didnt)
  17. If you turn the headlight switch to the headlights or sidelights position the Speedo and revcounter are dark. If you move it to the 'Auto' position they light up ok. Any ideas - is it the switch or something else. I would have thought it the sensor was faulty it just wouldn't illuminate at all ?
  18. That's a new one. Not being facetious - have you tried turning it off and on again?
  19. You've reminded me now. The other variation is if the car has self park or not...
  20. Careful. Do you know which wheel it is ? The front ones are different to the back, which are different from side to side, and which are different if FWD or 4WD ! I only know as just bought one - Bosch £22 for rear right 4x4.
  21. That's pretty good. Had to replace our Subaru's after 12.5 years in April after it started behaving strangely but still started first time. I trickle charged it every month with a CTek but it was finally terminal all of a sudden - wouldn't start or charge and the idle was bouncing to 3000rpm on its last trip. Both the Subaru and Yeti (8 years old) have had a new Varta from Tayna now !
  22. Our 2017's has just done the same, including the front cornering light failure. I've one of those Carista dongles , and amidst all the expected error codes from the warning lights, it had a specific message on the 'right rear ABS sensor'. Ordered a Bosch one for £22. Wish me luck!
  23. This is half an answer. I think the fitting points are exactly the same at the rear. It's just the amount o of colour coding vs matt black and silver plastic that's different. If you go on Autotrader or similar you can have a look and see how it fits to the rear wheel arches looks the same. No difference 're the 4x4 vs fwd models.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.