Skip to content

Prezafab

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Prezafab

  1. Answering for myself in case anyone needs to know. You need the part number ending 'VOD ' if you have a 2014MY to 2017MY Yeti. The badge size is the same but the profile (curve) is different.
  2. I've changed all the badges on our 2017 Yeti to the black ones, but the one I got for the front grille wouldn't fit because the curve is wrong. Am I right in thinking that the facelift has a different shape badge ? (I don't mean black and silver rather than green).
  3. Experiment is over with. My other half would rather put up with a harder ride as the Monte Carlo wheels 'make the car look so much better' - she does have a point though. Anyway, I'll stick with the view of 'a 15% better ride on 16s' and put them on eBay !
  4. Is there anyone here who is running a re-mapped 150 TDi Yeti ? I've had several 'chipped/ ECU tuned ' cars in the past, so I'm interested in any Yeti owner's experiences.
  5. Is the sender difficult to get to? (My Subaru is under the back seat carpet so easy)
  6. Plugged in my Carista dongle and there was nothing in faults in the diagnosis. BUT, after 120 miles, it's dropped back to 3\4 full now 🙃
  7. Thanks for the replies. It was actually showing down to 3/4 normally, but in the last 2 days it's full.
  8. Our 2017 TDi 4x4 has just started doing it. Our previous one took a while for the needle to move from the top (due to saddlebag tank?), but our current one has done 100 miles without moving. Any ideas?
  9. For what it's worth, my hardly used Subaru Impreza's battery lasted for 12 years using a C-Tek (MXS?) charger. When the battery got to the point of finally dropping off a cliff, it started ok, but then had a bouncing throttle (up to 4000rpm when crawling in traffic!) Plus weird noises. I vote for Varta + C-Tek
  10. Prezafab replied to TR250man's topic in Skoda Yeti
    They flip well. Good shot though.
  11. It might be on its last legs, or it might go on for another 2 or 3 years. At some point it will die or you will end up with spurious warning lights. I would buy a premium one (Varta, Bosch etc). I swapped our 2017 one last year (8.5 years) for the best spec Varta one.
  12. I jet washed under the car this week after the winter and was surprised how new looking most of the exhaust was at 9 years old, so it probably is.
  13. KYB were also factory suppliers to Subaru. I replaced the shocks on my 15 year old (at the time) Impreza Turbo and the car is still having fun on bumpy, twisty North Yorkshire roads at 25 years old. I think they were the Excel-G model
  14. We replaced our previous Yeti diesel's with Bilsteins as well which have a well earned reputation. To be honest they didn't make much difference on our similar Yorkshire roads - more about the Yeti on 17 inch wheels being crashy over bad roads than the shocks themselves. Our latest 67 plate (final ?) Yeti is the same on 17s, so we got some 16s on all season tyres to try over the winter, and it has definitely helped by "20%" around here. Less crashing into and over broken surfaces.
  15. Why are you changing to AGM - it would have one anyway if the car has start-stop? Not sure 're the device question though. I put a new AGM on our 17 Yeti TDI last year - no issues.
  16. Maybe it's the Ad Blue pump. Ours is a bit whiny.
  17. Why don't you just get on and replace the digitizer and see what happens - it's cheap enough. Solved my issues. If it doesn't work, then go to the next stage...
  18. Good. As I suggested, that Willtheyfit site is really good for working things out
  19. No, just the 12v. It might have zero to do with your issue, but lots of Volkswagen Group cars (Audi, SEAT,Skoda, VW) have odd warning lights with apparently sound, but ageing batteries. Even my old Subaru started acting odd plus a check engine light, and I trickle charged the battery every couple of months. In the end, the battery still started the car but "fell off a cliff". Let us know what solves it !
  20. When did you last have a new 12v battery fitted ? Can't do any harm trying if it was a few years ago.
  21. I would start by having a look at the 'Willtheyfit' website to compare with what you have on now.👍
  22. Prezafab replied to walshyg's topic in Skoda Yeti
    Turn you steering wheel from lock to lock, drive back and forward and brake.🙂
  23. Thanks for the info. I bought it with full Skoda history, so I will keep that going when it's due in March. Definitely rides better than the Yeti on broken surfaces, despite being on the standard 205 40 17s which should be worse ...
  24. I'm really warming to this spec of Roomster and think I was lucky to find 1 of 120. + 1.2 TSi is still a good engine and probably more at home than in the Yetis we've had + Sat Nav, pan roof, sports seats & wheel, 17", tinted side windows + Best colour to blend in the big side door and window if it bothers you Am I right in thinking you avoid replacing the cam chain unless it is obviously rattly after its started up ? It's 100k and late 14 model.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.