Skip to content

rum4mo

Resident Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by rum4mo

  1. I'd expect, if you find that it is low fluid that is stopping it working, you have a problem, these systems don't "use" fluid - I've always used VW Group fluid to the correct spec, but there will be others out there that match that spec. So people say any fluid is okay. Is there not fluid spec info cast into the green cap - I've forgotten. Have you checked that battery to make sure it is healthy enough and charged enough and that the charging system is doing its job?
  2. I'd expect that some insurance companies would only give discounts if you have professionally fitted dashcam., and by a supplier of their choosing and probably one that comes with a support contract.
  3. Not a Fabia but a VW Group small car of the age group that MK2 Fabia is in:- my daughter was complaining about a noise like a heat shield coming loose under her late 2009 Ibiza 1.4 16V 85PS SC, so I got her to bring it to me, kind of expecting the front flexi to have failed so checked up on the availability of a front exhaust repair section to save paying to replace the cat as well - although being quite happy to need to fit some bits of tin under some heat shield retainers. In the event, the front flexi looked okay as did the heat shields, but what had failed were BOTH clamps on the exhaust joining sleeve under the centre of the car! Now one failing at that age is okay, I had that on my old Passat 4Motion when it was that age and I just replaced all 4 clamps - they just rot with salt and water. As I had initially bought the wrong size of joining sleeves for that 2000 Passat years ago, they were still available to use and the clamps were the correct size - nice when something only takes 30 minutes to fix! I'm just bringing this up as it might be the right time for some people to check the condition of these clamps - before they fail and cause other problems/inconvenience, just have a look under the car below the line of the front seats.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.