Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. I’ve not done it on a Skoda but door card removal will be a ball ache, plus a few clips are bound to break. Once that’s removed, it’s usually another obstacle of drilling out the rivnuts if it has them and I bet it does (maybe get away with self tappers) Then you’ll need to find out or someone on here will say what size rivnuts you need and tool. Refit and onto the other side then eventually you’ll probably end up doing both rears too if replacement are much better 😁
  2. I’m sure an actual chocolate fire guard serves more purpose
  3. Don’t blame the misses too much, it’s very common for Skoda discs to do this, some people have had complete failure like what you’ve had too. I do not know where Skoda/vag source their discs from, clearly from a country/business which doesn’t give a damn. If you search on here you’ll see many more posts similar, glad you’re all okay
  4. Christ, I can see why you wanted to replace your brake dust covers now. Do you live near the sea like in the sea? 😂
  5. The bit you highlighted doesn’t seem to apply to my car, it certainly did when I almost rear ended a caravan which didn’t have any lights and reacted before I did 😬 I remember it well because I passed solids almost, had a red warning pop up then it jammed on the brakes.
  6. Have you used vcds to monitor? Whatever you’re using could be misleading and inaccurate. vcds is expensive and usually for a reason, it’s just better With vcds I believe you can force a regen, then go on the motorway at night, stick it in 3rd or 4th so the revs over 2k for 15minutes then it should do its thing. Also are you getting the dpf light on your dash? If not I’m sure I read on here some folk had fan constantly running after a drive and thought it was DPF but it was actually a duff relay
  7. Eugh EU strikes again only few days after Alfa Romeo as well
  8. Which one did you use or just any generic silicone spray?
  9. On their website it says £229 for the bag I got with collection 😮 I wouldn’t even pay that much to discretely dispose of a body
  10. It is but very expensive for them to collect, the bag was cheap at £17 from b&q and the tips not far and much better than laying tarpaulin and trying to make it stay up at the sides It seems very durable so can see it lasting ages, I not long put in a fabric boot liner but didn’t want it getting ripped as there’s some unremovable screws 😞
  11. Took down my old summer house and been doing several trips to the tip I got fed up with the tarpaulin I was using falling down so bought a hippo bag medium (1.8m long x 90cm wide, fits rather well with the seats folded down 😁
  12. Hmm raise it with them and Skoda customer services if you have to. Last thing you want to do is fork out loads in the future
  13. You’ll need to remove the seat, unbolt the lock, then when it’s removed shake it about until whatever is in there comes out then refit. When you put the lock remember to torque it correctly. There was someone on here recently who found an old bit of glass which fell in and stopped it locking, so it’s fixable for you too hopefully
  14. When you replaced the battery was it done correctly by changing settings using vcds etc?
  15. Go through insurance, £30 or so excess and jobs a goodun. I not long had a replacement windscreen through a claim, auto glass fixed the stone chip which didn’t help, so whole new windscreen but I insisted on genuine, two times they turned up with non genuine and 3rd they did, I didn’t have to pay more than the £10 for the windscreen chip and insurance didn’t go up (in fact it went down this year). if your back window is tinted I’d insist on genuine part too as non OEM is bound to be slightly lighter or darker
  16. Weird how they have front but not rear in your colour, that’s a bit… thick
  17. Check they were fitted the correct way as they’re directional pads too
  18. Oh didn’t realise they were that cheap tbh, was expecting treble what you said at least
  19. Get them off and do an Edd China special*, be cheaper, unless they’re too far gone * Satin black spray
  20. If you’re only going to do short miles do you really need such a large car and pricey? I guess you won’t always do roughly 4 miles but have you considered an older and much cheaper car? I’m hardly one to talk only doing 3k a year but if you can save loads of money might as well, if money isn’t really a problem then no problem paying to fix things if they go wrong
  21. IMO everytime a service is done you should at least take the air filter out and give it a bash and vacuum, but as they’re cheap no issues replacing as well
  22. What was up with it?
  23. Also have you had it checked for codes? One other thing which is worth a shot, if your maps aren’t update to date, update them as it does a proper reboot of satnav, I guess you’ve updated them before? If not there is a guide on here I can point you to
  24. Not sure tbh, someone’s bound to have made one even if it’s for a golf or so as it’ll somewhat similar speaking of golf, have you searched for something like “vw golf mk7 gps position incorrect”, there’s a few posts with similiar problems to you, someone’s got fixed after changing head unit completely eek. He had it in with VW who changed antenna etc but didn’t help. So if I were you I’d try disconnecting and reconnecting antenna and connectors to head unit (I believe some of them go to the unit in glove box) Another thing, is your compass showing correctly?
  25. Is it a courtesy car they gave you? Looks alright to me. I wonder what the purpose of that cubby hole is hmm Saying that the pockets on the superbs seats, anyone found a purpose for them? Is the driver meant to put something in the passenger pocket and passenger in drivers? 😮

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.