Skip to content

Danoid

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Danoid

  1. I’ve got the factory tints, which is literally just a tiny but do these shades make a noticeable difference at lowering the temperature inside?
  2. How old is the battery?
  3. Go to your local dealer, they’ll be many different part numbers for interior colours, fabric type Just go to the parts department
  4. I’d charge £40 too but if the £40 you had quoted is nearer then deffo go for that. Whoever said £105 needs kicking 😁
  5. I’m fairly certain Skoda needs to do a software update which is chargeable I think Hopefully someone else will come along but have a search in the forums, might be able to find someone else’s issue
  6. Mine doesn’t have that option but I bet that’s even more annoying Something like this should be good https://www.amazon.co.uk/YIGZYCN-OEM-8W0919311-12V-Cover/dp/B0D67S7BCM/ref=asc_df_B0D67S7BCM?mcid=959b066a0ddf3cf0a0415c18b73e78a9&hvocijid=6320020724946015883-B0D67S7BCM-&hvexpln=74&tag=googshopuk-21&linkCode=df0&hvadid=696285193871&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6320020724946015883&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9191904&hvtargid=pla-2281435176858&psc=1&gad_source=1 Can get cheaper ones but silver bit might help you find it if it goes walkies 😂
  7. I changed mine as my cover also snapped off. In truth I should have just left it alone as I dropped a screw deep into the boot and had to dismantle most of trim to get to it If I remember correctly, you need to loosen one part of the trim(loads of screws) then unlock it from the back, I undone the screw by the 12v thinking you needed to but you don’t until the final part. Unfortunately that’s all I remember as I got into a proper hulk mode thinking it would be super easy but turned into a nightmare Also remember to remove the fuse as it’s permanently live, which I forgot and blew a fuse
  8. It’s a shame I only have the limited vin version of vcds, otherwise I’d say travel to Hampshire and I’ll do it for you for free, but as I don’t I would charge, then the cost of fuel you’d be well out of pocket. Have a look for independents by you, might be able to squeeze you in for some beer tokens
  9. Ah I’m not familiar with Amundsen unit, the Columbus has a built in hard drive so the maps get downloaded to that you can remove the SD card and maps work Here’s the official steps but you’ve probably seen them already I’ve been updating my Columbus fine for years so you’ll be golden
  10. Fine to use your own SD card, just make sure it’s 32gb or 64gb But what head unit have you got? Hopefully it’s Columbus, post a picture here if you can
  11. Go straight back to whoever buggered this up
  12. How has it done so little miles? Kinda sounds like a lemon car hmm
  13. Hmm should be alright then, but probably is past it best. Do you have a scanner just in case it’s not the battery?
  14. First question, how old is the battery? Aging batteries die in cold and heat
  15. Tbh I’d ring them and say “take your time” considering you’ve been given an S3 😂
  16. It is separate, clicks into the plastic surround
  17. Someone by me has an electric Fiat 500 (abarth version) and it’s got external speakers so it still sounds like a proper petrol version 😂
  18. I’ve got the white one, apparently it’s to show they’ve done a pre delivery inspection I’m too lazy to take mine off but you can if you want
  19. Probably removed it and changed the exhaust in general to be quieter. At the end of the date it’s still only a 4cyl, add more cylinders for better sound 😁
  20. That’s how it should work, valves closed (well almost) then you turn it to sport and it fully opens I believe older cars which had them adjusted via the throttle position so when you were giving it the beans it fully opens
  21. As yours doesn’t have the butterfly valves and you want them, you want to make the car quieter correct? An aftermarket system might make it louder if anything, so keep that in mind
  22. If anyone knows for sure what you need it’ll be @ApertureS
  23. Do you use VCDS to prime it? Or just take out old and put in new? Not sure if it’s advisable to empty in completely in case of debris, put new filter in then refill with new diesel?
  24. This should help, slightly different model but should be under that foam
  25. That sounds sensor related then to me. Open the bonnet and look around the coolant reservoir, someone had it on here where it crystallised on a pipe due to a leak

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.