Everything posted by Danoid
-
About to embark on Skoda ownership, Superb L&K Estate
As you’re off https://www.tufferman.co.uk/collections/garage-shelving-v1 ahem
-
thinking of changing models, after views
Personally the new ppm for hybrids and EV’s put me off longer, nor would I get a hatchback as estates much more appealing
-
Increasing the visibility of the main beam warning light
The only thing I can think of which I’m sure you’ve done is adjust the seat to ne higher then lower the steering column if needed
-
Led bulbs
There’s that but still there’s no E marked ones available that I’m aware of Annoying as I’d love them
-
Led bulbs
Be careful with putting leds in, will void insurance and could get pulled over. Apparently they’re cracking down on retrofits because of “dazzling”
- Workshop P
-
Workshop P
Annoyingly my cars started erroring with the Workshop P error message I’m aware there’s the bypass kit which looks fairly fiddly but do-able, however I don’t have the message all the time, is there anything I can do other than fitting the bypass kit? Think mines a DQ250? 2016 190ps 6speed I had a quick look and the plastic bits are white on mine
-
HELP! How to move drivers electric seat when not in car? Can I wire power from a battery without deploying airbags?
What’s the requirement? I ask this because there is an option for something like Easy Entry, but needs coding I believe the seat goes back when you open the door, then goes back to your set position with ignition on Might be an option?
-
How Soft Should Standard Suspension Be?
I’ve got the SEL, so standard suspension, yes it’s soft but in UK it’s perfect because nearly all road surfaces crap and you can at least have a conversation Father in laws Audi A4 black edition has mix firmer suspension and can’t talk in it because it’s such a harsh ride Until roads are built and maintained properly I’ll always go with softer suspension
-
Superb issues...
It does need some parameters to be changed for optimal battery performance What was the error code?
-
Supurb sportline dashboard errors
Hmm why did you change the abs wiring loom and which one? You really need to get it scanned before chucking parts at it. Looks like wheel speed sensor issues as I’ve had that recently but a scan will show you whats up
-
Superb issues...
Basically you can take the old battery out and put a new one in and off you go, but the car will still believe it’s a degraded battery and not charge fully or something like that. If you have an AGM battery type now and put in a new Varta as an example it’ll be 70ah instead of 68ah, so that needs changing as well as the serial number. It can be done using vcds, obd11 etc etc VCDS isn’t cheap but imo the best diagnostic tool, as our cars are getting older it made sense to get to invest in vcds as garages charge a fortune just to check
-
Superb issues...
I’d recommend getting the battery changed and “coded” in Temperature seem odd but not sure what that’s about
-
Superb issues...
So two things, when was the battery last changed? An aging battery can cause this Have you had it scanned? I recently had all of these and it was right rear ABS sensor When I scanned mine it said there was a fault on rear left, but I also used measuring blocks in VCDS to confirm, in the measuring blocks I selected all the ABS sensors, went for a drive and all reported speeds apart from rear left, boom confirmed the issue, £40 later and fixed. The rear left seems to be the most common, but you need it scanned
-
New to me SEL Executive
Might be worth just factory resetting, then set up Bluetooth again
-
Do I need beam converters on my headlights
In the “olden” days you could remove the back light cover and turn a lever up/down on both sides and jobs a goodun I suspect it has this but no idea where Just to confirm this is where you checked the travel mode
-
Cluster dashboard lights
As others have said battery first, looks like yours is 2017 and if it’s original it’s time/coming up for a new one. You’ll need to get it “coded” in with something like vcds I recently had all these errors pop up on my car but it did log a fault which was rear left ABS sensor, so the fact yours hasn’t logged a fault like that or anything else narrows it down to aging battery
-
Extended Warranty do I this year ?
Is that on your 2015 car? I didn’t think you could get it from Skoda after 6 years old or so
-
Extended Warranty do I this year ?
Who’s the warranty with?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Yeah I’ve always used Gliptone as I love the smell of leather 😂 The leather afterwards is a nice and matte, but can be a tiny bit sticky until it rubs off, but I think that’s more my fault but I don’t mind as my clothes smell of it too I think I last done mine earlier in the year and still smells great
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
If you want leather scent get these Gliptone EuropeLeather ConditionerLeather dries out with heat and sunlight and should be restored at least three times a year to re-establish the original nutrient content. GT11 LeatherGliptone EuropeIntensive CleanerGT12 Intensive Cleaner is a thick, concentrated, pH neutral leather cleaner ideal for preparing dirty leather prior to conditioning. Containing glycerine, When it comes to putting on the conditioner I do it with my bear hands rubbing it in, will literally make your car smell for ages
-
Sounds from the ceiling
This? https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/447707-sunroof-creaksrattles-solved/
-
Christmas tree errors
Just replaced the sensor with this And jobs a goodun all working fine, started the car and had errors but drove a few meters and they all cleared. Will do a proper vcds scan and clear later but working a treat
-
Christmas tree errors
When I cleaned the sensor yesterday I forgot to get the part number so whipped it off today and it’s WHT 003 864 A Ordered this from GSF https://www.gsfcarparts.com/products/wheel-speed-abs-sensor-75mm-rear-za051624?auto_apply_coupon=ROAD24&srsltid=AfmBOoqYllvwULKbcK-U8VCusIxo4k0OhNSVqU_V5hV-vSlKZYdLQEjqy1M Thought I’d go with Hella and the cross reference says it’s compatible with part number from mine, so fingers crossed it’s just that and coming here Tuesday Will report back
-
Christmas tree errors
I did reset the errors but they came back straight away pretty much I do need something better than bricks for sure! I went for a drive with all the errors and plugged in vcds, setup the measuring blocks and all reading values apart from rear left So hopefully it’s not something else and just a sensor replacement needed, seems fairly common and I guess smacking the brick out of the way has killed the sensor Lessons learned n all :(