Everything posted by Binx1310
-
Towbar help
Next best alternative I think would be someone like towsure and get an aftermarket removable one. You can get aftermarket pop out ones too.
-
Brake pads installed wrong in the past?
Yes I wonder if they were bedded in one side then swapped around if that could cause vibration. Now at 160 miles on the new pads and discs and all good so far!
-
Recirculating Button not working
Did you get all the bits sorted? Hope you got on ok in France!
-
Towbar help
@East_Yorkshire_Retrofits have OEM folding towbars for kodiaq listed on their website. they may well do for superb too. These are priced about £1500
-
Flickering head lights
I had a flickering headlight. Swapped ballasts and it stayed in same place. I found the torx screws on the ballasts quite difficult to get to. I wiser if you have an 90degree bit holder or Allen key type torx bits. I then Changed bulb and all good. I upgraded to LED bulbs. They’ve been brilliant although I did have a faulty one (I suspect I damaged it trying to install it) but the supplier replaced FOC under warranty. Been perfect ever since and a nice upgrade. A pair is significantly cheaper than one HID! https://ebay.io/m/1DxukA Just a pain in the bum to fit. Wheel off, arch liner out. Hopefully won’t have to change them again for a fair while!
-
Timing of transition/implementation of the EU driver assist regs for different Skoda models
Kiss point is point in the clutch movement where the clutch faces touch. Used to determine clutch pressures/ release points when changing gear etc. might be that? Adaptation of the dsg includes configuring kiss points among other things.
-
Is there something wrong with my airbag?
Hmm I guess it must have been an option. Rear heated seats and 3 zone climate was only standard on L&K models I think.
-
Brake pads installed wrong in the past?
They are sided in that the one with crescent cut out go behind the disc and the one without goes in front of the disc.
-
Brake pads installed wrong in the past?
Just recently changed the front brakes on my superb, and noticed that both the inner and outer pads had circles on them showing they had been in contact with the brake cylinder. Also shows paint from when callipers were painted so must have been in the wrong position when that was done. someone had put the outer in the inner position and vice versa. And then at some point they had been swapped round and installed correctly. Easy to do on the left if you don’t read the instructions so I thought. What’s more confusing is on the right side it was the same. This side has the wear indicator and the wire isn’t long enough to install on the wrong side. So is this a mark from the cylinder or something else. 🤔 I wonder if part worn brake pads being put into different position might be what created the brake wobble?!
-
Is there something wrong with my airbag?
190tdi SE L executive. 2016. Don’t think they were standard on them. Perhaps more the petrol models.
-
Skoda round leather steering wheel with DSG paddles
Note: this requires the deeper style airbag (with the crease all the way round) Non- heated, phone button, DSG paddles. £150 in good condition with one little scuff. Origianlly from Karoq but will also fit Octavia, Superb (should fit all MQB platform)
-
Round steering wheel with DSG paddles
I’ve returned to standard wheel without paddles as the airbag fits properly. Now got this one for sale!
-
Is there something wrong with my airbag?
Replaced original wheel without DSG paddles today. I hardly used them and I would rather a proper fitting airbag!
-
Superb Mk3 Estate 190PS TDI DSG MY2015 SE L Executive - Moon White
Changed the front brake discs and pads this morning to try and finally cure the brake wobble. Seems ok so far but let’s give it 200 miles or so to reappear like it did before. All went without drama using the excellent @Bap33 guide Here. I also swapped back to my standard wheel without paddles. For the small amount of instances that I used the paddles I would rather have an airbag that fits properly!
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Changed the front brake discs and pads this morning to try and finally cure the brake wobble. Seems ok so far but let’s give it 200 miles or so to reappear like it did before. All went without drama using the excellent @Bap33 guide Here. I also swapped back to my standard wheel without paddles. For the small amount of instances that I used the paddles I would rather have an airbag that fits properly! So if anyone wants a round leather wheel without DSG paddles that fits the newer style airbag, I have one for sale!
- Super Estate Tailgate Problems
-
Retrofite Blind Spot...
Ok thanks. Sounds similar to the behaviour of the aftermarket kit. Will have a go at installing aftermarket and see how well it works. If it works ok I’ll order the OEM lights and mount them into the mirrors.
-
Timing of transition/implementation of the EU driver assist regs for different Skoda models
Ah that’s annoying. This is the kodiaq one from the same brand as I used: https://a.aliexpress.com/_EQe9mI6
-
Retrofite Blind Spot...
Can you describe the OEM behaviour of the lights? Do they increase in intensity with proximity? Do they behave differently if you are indicating at the same time as something in your blind spot? Going to have a go at fitting my non-OEM kit this week and see how it compares. Will then look to connect to OEM lights in the wing mirrors if it works well. Also can you describe how much coding was required and did you have to remove component protection? Just in case I decide to go down the OEM route.
-
Timing of transition/implementation of the EU driver assist regs for different Skoda models
Ours is 71 plate. Bought September 2021. Very early facelift mk1. And has no driver aids other then front assist for crash prevention. I guess this was probably the last of the models without them as it’s close to yours @Bap33 in age. I haven’t tried disabling start stop. But I have used a module from AliExpress in my superb which works very well. Have you considered that?
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Not bad at all. Original concept is attributed to @JR RS he installed a usb socket instead of cigarette lighter in the rear ash tray and then routed the cable through. You need a 90degree plug into the adapter. There’s a hole under the felt you can come out of. I did similar but used a slimline usb socket plugged in that is low profile enough to still allow ash tray to be opened. I also have a MagSafe wireless charger mounted at the front fed in a similar way from the front lighter socket but I find the phone gets hot on long journeys. Handy for short ones though. And I plug in in the armrest and cool phone as you say for longer journeys. I can send you links to the parts I used if you want them.
-
What have you done to your Superb III today?
Recently upgraded to newer iPhone with USB-C connection rather than lightning. So today’s task was routing a new 90degree USB-C cable from the rear ashtray through to the armrest cubby to replace the lightning one. I pulled the old one out with some wire attached and used it to pull the new one through. All done and dusted in 5 mins. Hopefully get a chance to change front brakes and have a go at installing the aftermarket blind spot kit this week.
- Super Estate Tailgate Problems
- Super Estate Tailgate Problems
-
Vapos retractable towbar retrofit
I would be interested in the answer to this too.