Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Karoq SEL incoming
I have the latest database, but as I have posted before, there are at least 2 railway stations which should be in Norfolk/Suffolk that appear on my map as in South Dorset. Anyone any idea how I can inform someone to get this corrected?
-
10k a year - what should my service interval be?
I am a long term member of a forum for a different brand. One of the issues with that brand was the very common failure of turbos. This was due to failure to change the oil at the specified interval and partly down to the sump capacity being very small with the oil being overworked. The net result was blocked oilways and bearing failure. There was no issue if the car was correctly serviced; in fact we had one that did 126,000 miles with no turbo issues. The oil supply to the turbo was later redesigned, resulting in a susequent increase of service intervals.
-
10k a year - what should my service interval be?
Was the Merc a diesel? Oil in a diesel goes black after very few miles. Just checked our 1.2 petrol car which has done ~8000 miles since last serviced (dealer failed to put mileage in the service book), the oil is quite browm, definately not black. You should try dipping a 9.6L AEC engine!
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
From what I've seen they don't have a paint line. Cars of different colours are produced consecutively on the line.
-
Uneven Tyre Wear
If the car still has all 4 original tyres and the tyre wear is even across the tyre there is still something wrong. I know that nearside tyres do have a tendency to wear quicker than offside, and I've noticed this on the rear of some cars that I have had, there is something amiss if one front tyre is 2mm and the other is 6mm. As mentioned above, tread depth is often an estimation, and I find it odd that a front wheel drive car would have 6mm on one front and 6mm on the rears. I think the first thing to do is to measure of have the tyres measured.
-
So Much for buying British !
Just had 2 new Michelins fitted. Week 46, 2021, so manufactured in early November. Made in Poland.
-
E10 petrol!! ahhhh
I have always used ordinary unleaded in our otherr (non Skoda) car and the computer mpg reading certainly hasn't dropped. You can never drive the same way in identical conditions on two consecutive tanks of fuel, and consumtion will be worse in cold weather than warm (assuming you don't use aircon). Also, see this with regards to Esso 99 Octane fuel. From the Esso Synergy website. Ii appears that Synergy 99 is not necessarily ethanol free, it depends on where you get it. 'Our Synergy Supreme+ 99 petrol has more cleaning power than our regular petrol – and includes molecules whose job it is to reduce the friction in your engine helping the moving parts work more efficiently.* Although our pumps have E5 labels on them, our Synergy Supreme+ 99 is actually ethanol free (except, due to technical supply reasons, in Devon, Cornwall, North Wales, North England and Scotland). Legislation requires us to place these E5 labels on pumps that dispense unleaded petrol with ‘up to 5% ethanol’, including those that contain no ethanol, which is why we display them on our Synergy Supreme+ 99 pumps. There’s currently no requirement for renewable fuel, like ethanol, to be present in super unleaded petrol although this could change in the future, in which case we would comply with any new legislation.'
-
Flat tyre, but no problem found
I hjad a tyre which was deflating slowly and I couldn't find the issue. Turned out it was one of the little paper stickers that some manufacturers put on the bead of the tyres. This one had split leaving a little channel that allowed the air to escape.
-
So Much for buying British !
Given a choice of Michelin, Taurus, Warrior or Orium, I know which I'd choosew, no matter who owns them.
-
So Much for buying British !
Just a quick note. Although Michelin are a French company, it is not a guarantee that the tyres will be made in France. I have had German Michelins, my C3 has Spanish Michelins and my daughter's car has UK Michelins. So I suspect it may be difficult to specify French made Michelins. I'm having 2 new Michelins on our C3 on Friday. Manufacture date and originating country will be interesting!
-
Set speed limiter as default
Or push the activation stalk away from you.
-
So Much for buying British !
I drive vintage buses. One of the buses I drive is a Class 6 and falls under the new 10 year rule. The vehicle was off the road because the two front tyres went out of date, and the owner bought 2 replacements. The replacements were both over a year old, so instead of getting another 10 years he only gets another 8 or so years. The tyres will never wear out. Also, the manufacturing dates are on the tyres, but on some, if not all, the date branding is only on one side, so this causes a problem if fitted with the date on the inside.
-
Retrofit USB-C by mirror
On my Karoq the 12V sockets stay live but the usb c sockets switch off. I wish I had ordered the mirror usb c but it's too late now. You can power a dashcam from the usb c sockets, but my dascam tried in vain to connect to the 'computer'; a data-blocking cable sorted that.
-
Tyre Pressure Monitoring System Fault
This kind of fault is common an a different brand's forum. I don't know a lot about direct TPMS, but I have had 4 cars with indirect. In my experience you need quite a significant loss of pressure for any warning to appear, usually at least 6psi. This will give a significant difference in rolling radius. Tyres with trvial differences in diameter will not cause a warning, and the system is only any good for detecting slow punctures. It will not detect a rapid deflation or a flat tyre after the car has been standing overnight. It is a cheap system to borrow from a post about Autohold, only requiring a few lines of code. None of the systems I have experience of actually tell you which tyre is deflating, although the system ought to be able to detect which wheel is revolving faster and should be able to pinpoint the issue.
-
When would you manually activate the parking brake?
No it isn't. Hill hold would be pointless if this happened.
-
When would you manually activate the parking brake?
Although they both work by maintaining the pessure in the brake lines, I don't consider them the same thing. Hill assist will only apply if the car is on an upslope and only stays on until you attempt to move. Auto Hold comes on every time you stop, uphill, flat or downhill, and although Avocet says it only stays on for 10 minutes, it is not something that I will verify. So in my opinion they are not the same thing.
-
When would you manually activate the parking brake?
I apologise for that. It's just I seem to recall the salesman calling it that. But the fact remains that Autohold and Hill Hold (checked that in the handbook) are two different functions, one of which can be selected and the other is always on.
-
When would you manually activate the parking brake?
I don't think we are overcomplicating it. There are the two different systems, the electric parking brake and the hydraulic brake, but the hydraulic brake does have two functions. You are correct that you can disable what Skoda calls the Autobrake using the button, but it doesn't disable the 'Hill hold' function. The hydraulic Autobrake will apply and hold the car indefinitely and applies whether the car is on a slope or on the flat. The Hill function will only apply the brakes on an upslope and will only cold for about 2 seconds,
-
New UK Kodiaq specs launched 5th January
Just wait for the compaints about electric mileage and other electric issues. I suggest that some people on other sites are regretting purchasing a PHEV. Pure electric may be a better way to go, but of course there are charging issues, and range isn't enough for me.
-
Lane assist is dangerous
To reiterate what I said above, if I switch off Lane Assist on my 2021 Karoq it stays switched off. I have no problem with it on motorways, although it does seem a little odd when it first happens. My big issue is just the nagging to drive in the centre of the lane or to take control of the steering. If I could stop the nagging withiut switching it off I would be happy.
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
However the car gets its information, the set ACC speed matches, as far as I am aware, the speed shown on the dash and changes as it changes. ACC has a radar based spacing from the car in front, but on the occasion above it was on New Year's Eve and the roads were empty.
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
Coming down from the A31 Hog's Back into Farnham with ACC on. OK from 60mph to 70mph, then there is a slip to the A331 which appears to have a 40mph limit. Carrying on on the 70mph roads, the car slams the brakes on to reduce to 40mph. potentially dangerous. As a side issue, does anyone know if, when the ACC applies the brakes, does it activate the brake lights? I could find out if I havde someone follow me, but I don't think I could do it without some assistance
-
Columbas sat nav
Just checked mine. Version 21.11. The new versions may have new roads on but the errors don't seem to be corrected. Anyone any ideas how to report errors?
-
Anyone else ordered a new Kodiaq?
One of the issues here is how the car is going to decide what the speed limit is. For instance I was driving across the New Forest the other day. Apart from the A31, the majority of roads have a 40mph limit for the safety of the animals. Unfortunately my car seems to 'think' that the speed limit on certain roads is 30mph. It is no issue to me, but it could be extremely frustrating if the car refused to go above 30mph, especially to those whose car would limit to the correct 40mph limit.
-
Columbas sat nav
I'm hoping mine is going to update as on my car it places North Walsham Station (Norfolk) in the middle of Dorset. Theres is a second East Anglian station on the edge of Poole as well. I have plenty of data so I use Google Maps, but I have Waze as well if I feel like a change.