Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Potential purchase of 2.0 Tsi Sportline
I think I may be referring to ACC, not DCC. Apologies to all!
-
Potential purchase of 2.0 Tsi Sportline
For clarity my car is a manual, not DSG.
-
Potential purchase of 2.0 Tsi Sportline
I have DCC on my 1.5 TSi Karoq. I came from a car which had 'adaptive cruise' where the car sensed the vehicles in front and would back off the throttle to keep a gap, but didn't apply the brakes, allowing the car to pick up speed beyond the set speed on downhills. I found this OK. With the Karoq that side of things is OK, but it does apply the brakes if necessary. But braking has little finesse, making the ride uncomfortable with passengers. It can be quite crude when it ia avare of a bend and slows down, brking tends to be later and harsher than I like. But the main issue I find is this. I live in an area with few dual carriageways so much of my time I am driving on undulating relatively straight A roads. As I rarely need to hurry, I tend to set the ACC to ~55mph. When I get to a different limit, say 30mph, braking is late and harsh. When I get back to the 60mph limit the ACC resets to 60mph, not 55mph, so I have to reset it. It always resets to maximum allowed speed, whether I want it or not. So I vary rarely use DCC, just simplecruise, even then frequently swithching it off and on. TBH, I wouldn't have it again.
-
Kamiq delivery dates
Shipping is from Emden. I spent quite a lot of time watching departures from Emden on a ship tracker whilst waiting for my Karoq.
-
Flat Battery
Not driven our Karoq for nearly two weeks. Stop/start worked first time.
-
Optional Footrest - Part 5E1064209
Please bear in mind that the OP probably has a left hand drive car, and the photo is lhd. It may be different for rhd.
-
Real world mpg for the 1.5 engine?
It isn't quite that easy. The problem is knowing what brimming is. I always fill until the pum cuts out, which may depend on the pump in use. I then fill to the next whole litre so sometimes it's an extra 0.8L, sometimes 0.2L, etc. So with a 40L fill, the variation is, on average, +/- ~1%, which will translate into a difference of 1% in the figure obtained. I don't think google maps is a good measure as it is virtually impossible to track accurately all of the short local journeys you make and mileage around car parks. As for GPS trackers, my daughter hjas taken up a walking challenge ovrer lockdown and uses a tracker app on her iphone to measure each walk. I have walked with her and, as my new android phone has the capacity, I have the same app. We go on a (say) 6km walk, without leaving each other. My distance is always significantly less than hers, up to ~0.2km. So which is correct? Basically what I am saying is that there is variation in just about all the parameters, so it is virtually impossible for anyone to get an accurate figure for each tank of fuel. And,just to add, I frequently do journeys from home to the south-west outskirts of London, and my 1.5 TSi Karoq gives an indicated 46-48mpg.
-
Karoq 2022 Brochure
Absolutely fine on my computer (Windows 10 standard pdf reader)
-
Auto Break Hold not displaying/working
Are you referring to Autobrake or parking brake?
-
Auto Break Hold not displaying/working
No idea, never seen it on mine. Mine is manual, don't know if it is something to do with DSG, and mine is virtual cockpit. Have you had a software update?
-
Auto Break Hold not displaying/working
When the green P icon is on the autobrake is on. When the red P icon shows the parking brake is on.
-
Failed mot leaking rear shocks.
As far as I am aware, the situation is crystal clear. The OP can drive the car away if the fault is not marked as dangerous. It appaers that the law changed fairly recently to make the situation perfectly clear. It is always wise to take your car for a test well before the old one expires, as it gives time to sort out issues like this before the earlier MOT expires.
-
MIB 3 Software glitches - Camberley Service Centre - anyone used?
Sorry, can you clarify please? You say that the car is 15 months old, and maps haven't updated, but you maps are dated October 21? Have I misunderstood, as on the face of it, it looks as though your maps are a year newer than your car. Do you have the Columbus system (I assume so as you have an Edition)? I've just checked my date, car built some time around September/October, maps appear to be November 21.
-
1.5 DSG MPG horrific
Also, cars are tuned to give minimum CO, SO2 and hydrocarbon emissions. To aid this, the engine is tuned not only to the requirement of the engine but also the requirements of the catalyst, extra fuel being needed to heat the catalyst quicker. This obviously will have a detrimental effect on fuel economy.
-
"check oil level" warning
As it's a diesel, and presumably fitted with a dpf, a 'good quality oil' is not really good enough. I'm assuming that the oil required should be a low SAPs oil, otherwise there is a risk of ash accumulating in and blocking the filter. I suppose it would be OK very short term as long it ity was changed for the correct grade as soon as possible.
-
Facelifted Karoq - Prices and specs revealed
I obviously didn't look carefully enough! I have reconfigured a new SE-L to approximately the same spec as our Edition. Can't find a virtual cockpit option and ours (I beleive) doesn't have regenerative braking. Nearly £34k!, £3.5k more than we paid. And on resale it would still be an SE-L with options that probably wouldn't incease the value above a standard SE-L.
-
Facelifted Karoq - Prices and specs revealed
I tried the configurator. My wife likes the orange colour. It seems buggy and options seem to have changed. No electric tailgate as option on SE-L so I wouldn't have been able to upgrade an SE-L to our required spec. Interesting to see that te heated steering wheel is now standard. Try using the configurator to upgrade wheels from wht appears to be a standard black wheel. It has a tab for other options, and if you follow it, it says you cannot upgrade without upgrading your standard model, presumably to Sportline. If you try the same thing on a Sportline the same thing happens, and it directs you to a choice of either Sportline or SE-L. And does the SE-L have Varioflex seats? I can't see it mentioned. https://cc.skoda-auto.com/gbr/en-GB/wheels-scenic?activePage=wheels&color=K1K1&configurationId=&extraEquipments=&id=GBR%3Bskoda%3B2022%3BNU7RN5%3B1%3BGYOYYOY%3Bmda20220218120219%3Ben-GB%3B%3B62003%3B62183&interior=HG&modifiedPages=trimlines|colors&snapshotVersion=a9ec1114-1d0d-4657-95a0-57d590412178&trimline=NUR|Sportline6218362003&visitedPages=trimlines|colors
-
Rear Cigarette lighter to USB conversion
If anyone does, it would be interesting to know if they switch off with the ignition. Do they do a usb c version?
-
Infotainment Screen at Door Opening
I think you are mis-remembering. I've just checked mine. Got in, with no 'ignition' the digital dash' wakes up;' but there is nothing on the infotainment screen. It only comes alive when you press the start button, either to switch on 'ignition' or to start the engine.
-
Sunroof blind
I tried holding the lock button and the blind started to close. So my bet is that the lock button was accidentally pressed and held for the blind to close. It seems to need to be held for 25 seconds to fully close the blind. The rear door only needs a couple of seconds to open. I'd rather the blind closed than the rear door opened.
-
Sunroof blind
I have already posted and/or commented about our Karoq Edition boot door being open, but today we had a new one that I've not seen on here. We went out this morning to find the sunroof sunblind closed. I've certainly not closed it. Anyone else had this happen?
-
EV Range Killers, a Youtube Vid of Enyaq energy use in various circumstances and accessories fitted.
I think you will find that the regulations for UK trucks and coaches and European trucks and coaches are the same, even though we have withdrawn from the EU. Speed limiters should be the same, although it is possible that the agencies in some countries are more lax in applying the law. Just like in many cars with speed limiters, these do not apply the brakes going downhill, so it is possible for a lorry to exceed 56mph and a coach 60mph.
-
70 Plate Kodiaq - rear discs and pads needed.... do you think this is reasonable? Replacement discs + pads <6k miles
I only have to wash my cars or leave them stationary for a few days in damp conditions for the discs to rust. They can make a few grinding noises for the first few applications, but they are OK after that. The only time I have had a real issue was on discs that had recently been replaced by a (non VAG) main dealer where there were rusted bands on the disc. It turned out to not be a disc problem, but a bent pad not contacting the whole of the disc surface. All re-replaced gratis.
-
Disappointed in the citigo
Interesting, Pink Panther. A Jaguar, a Suzuki, a Seat Mii, but Fuelly shows a 2012 Yeti only doing 31.8 mpg. How come it's so low?
-
Karoq SEL incoming
Thanks for that. Not the easiest to use, but issues reported and acknowledged.