Everything posted by Routemaster1461
-
Karoq 1.5 TSi DSG 150 PS Petrol grade (UK)
May depend on what you want. You may get better performance, better economy, but if you factor in the extra cost it may not be worth it.
-
Add on engine tuning
I've done a quick calculation and from what I can make out, if you have a perol vehicle that does 40mpg, you need to get better than 47mpg to lower the carbon dioxide output to less than the petrol car. However, if you take into consideration the cost of fuel, assuming £1.62/L for petrol and £1.79 for diesel, on a cost only basis vs a petrol car doing 40mpg, you only have to do 44mpg in a diesel for fuel costs to be better for diesel.
-
The 'A' Button on the centre console
I got a book with my Karoq in October.
-
My Insurance notified me of my vehicle involved in an accident! Seems very easy to prove it was not thankfully.
I had an issue about 35 years ago. After I bought a Vauxhall Cavalier TMK 701Y I received a notice of prosecution for my car speeding in Deptford, south-east London, and at the time the car was in Dorset. I bought the car from a dealer who had purchase a job-lot of ex fleet cars all in the same number series. The note said the car involved was white and mine was blue. A very nice chap at the local police station checked on the computer system and confirmed mine was listed as blue. I can't remember what happened next, and I can't remember if I was sent photographic evidence, but my recollection was that there was a dyslexia or typing error, and the car actually invloved was TMK 710Y. I repudiated the ticket and never heard more.
-
Issues with adaptive cruise control
This is how I use it.
-
Issues with adaptive cruise control
I am not a fan of thw ACC. I have had the issue with the brakes slamming on when the car sees a lower limit sign on a slip road. It also annoys me because I don't tend to rush. I'm quite happy to set 55mph, then going into, say, a 30limit the brakes are harsh and uncomfortable, then instaed of reverting to the 55mph I had set, it goes up to 60 and have to reset. So I just use it as a normal CC, but it still has a tendency to slam the brakes on as I pass a slower car on the motorway. Also, I'm not keen on the jerky braking on over-run downhill.
-
Grommet
Big selection here. https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=VW+Engine+Cover+Grommet&i=automotive&crid=1WTJGYT0G6O8R&sprefix=vw+engine+cover+grommet%2Cautomotive%2C60&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
-
Karoq on long journey with a six footer?
I have 31" leg and there is plenty more avaliable movement, so no issue for the driver, but I wouldn't like to sit in the back. This is with the moveable Ecoflex rear seats at their rearmost setting.
-
Karoq on long journey with a six footer?
I'm nearly 6'2" with relatively short legs. In my Edition there is plenty of headroom even though there is a sunroof fitted. Not sure what you mean by long journeys, but I have no issues on regular 2 and a half hour journeys.
-
Turn radio off
On many modern cars you can't switch the radio off, you can only mute. On my Edition, pressing the on-screen button mutes the radio but all of the other functions work.
-
Kamiq torque steer?
I had a similar issue with a Citroen C3. Gentle acceleration was fine, but harder acceleration caused a hard pull to the right. Lifting off and it stopped pulling right. In my case my daughter had been using the car and I hardly ever drove, so it was a surprise when it happened. I had my local garage look at it and they ageed it was weird and quite dangerous. The issue isn't torque stter, as it didn't happen for years, and only started when the car had done 120,000 miles. As there didn't appear to be a fix we had to sell it via a well known company for verylittle money and my daughter bought a new car.
-
Anyone fitted 19" all weather tyres on their Karoq?
I assume you have DSG, as I have never had any issue with wheelspin on my 1.5TSi manual.
-
Skoda Kamiq 1.0 DSG experiment - fuel comsumption with Eco setting set for driver profile compare with Normal setting
Be wary of making any assumptions based on just one journey. There are many factors which will affect fuel consumption on any journey. Amient temperature is one, you use less fuel when it is warmer, that is until you use climate. Your figures already vary by aout 7% between best and worst, and you would need a lot more than that to show that Eco makes much difference.
-
1.5TSi MPG
Dorset to London and back yesterday. 48mpg going, 44 coming back. !.5 TSi manual.
-
Left-foot braking, anyone?
I have experimented with left foot braking (not on a public road) and even when pressing what I thought was gently it became an emergency stop, When your foot is used to operating a clutch, you left foot has no finesse. That said, my ex boss had an auto Ford Escort and an automatic only licence, and he drove two footed very successfully as that was all he did. I certainly wouldn't use left foot braking at any decent speed.
-
Service measure 10H6
Is this specific to Kodiaqs, or doues it concern other models fitted with petrol engines? If so which engines are affected?
-
Eco mode question
No modern cars use any fuel at all when going downhill, assuming that the hill is steep enough for gravity to overcome the car's rolling resistance. From what I can make out, eco mode allows the DGS gearbox to go into neutral (or to release both clutches) to reduce rolling resistance. There would be no effect to a manual. You cold replicate this by putting a manual into neutral or dipping the clutch, but that would be illegal.
-
1.5TSi MPG
I regularly do trips from Dorset to thee south west corner of London. Usually A roads on dual carriageway, but sometines motorway. I usually see 44 to 50mpg on the computer, the low figures seem to be when the weather is cold, the higher figures when warm ~17 degrees.
-
Any issues with the Pano roof?
Absolutely no noise from mine!
-
Eco mode question
I haven't tried the eco mode, but I have had a look at the parameters in the 'custom' mode. I use the sport mode, but to be honest, I can't feel any difference, apart from perhaps slightly heavier steeing. As my car is a manual there will be no coast function in Eco, and no change when accelerating apart from the gear change indicator. It is all very different to an Alfa Mito diesel I had as a hire car in Italy. I couldn't figure out how poor the performane was until I discovered the spot function, which transformed performance. On the other hand, its Eco mode made it perform like a slug.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
I've just caught up with this. It appears that I have been misreading the brochure. Most of the ones I have seen actually have a list of standard features and options. So when the heated wheel did not appear on the options list, it didn't occur to me that they are standard. I am surprised though as for my Edition it was an option, and I thought that heated seats were optional on the then current SE-L. Many apologies to all.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
No black dot in the column. So varioflex seats are standard, but heated wheel appears to be unavailable. Here is the section for the Winter Packages. Still appears that you need to specify a heated wheel if you want a winter pack. It could get complicated (as if it weren't already) as the prices would be different for manual and DSG. It also seems to indicate you cannot just order a heated wheel without a Winter Package on an SE-L but you can on an SE-Drive.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
I've just reread the brochure page in the light of this. The heated steering wheel is listed as an option for the SE Drive (both manual and DSG) but not available for SE-L or Sportline. The Winter Pack does not seem to include the heated steering wheel, but is only available with the heated wheel, which, as above isn't available on an SE-L. The same seems to apply to the Winter Package +, steering wheel not included, only available with heated wheel, which isn't available. WTF !!!!!! I'm glad the situation with my Karoq Edition seemed to be simpler. I live in the south and frost isn't am issue, so I don't need the heated screen. The heated wheel, which the agent recommended, isn't necessary, I can cope pefectly well without it. I have heated seats; the leather seats can be quite cold but not so much that I have used the heater apart from ensuring it works. My wife and daughter both enjoy the heated passenger seat though.
-
Expensive heated windscreen
I've just looked into this and I'm not sure you can get a heated screen for only £350. It appears that the Winter Package does not include the heated windscreen but does have heated front seats, heated windsreen washers and headlight washers.The brochure says that you must have the optional heated steering wheel at £115 for manual and £200 for DSG. The brochure states that the heated steering wheel is only available with the Winter Package and Winter Package +. The winter package + which is heated front and rear seats, heated windscreen washer nozzles and headlight washers, at £420. There is no mention of the heated steering wheel in the Winter Package +, and does not appear to include the heated steering wheel.. Also, note that a heated screen doesn't seem to be available at all with the 1.0 TSi engine. So if you are looking for an SE-L with heated screen, it appears that the cost on top of basic is £535 for a manual and £620 for DSG.
-
Plastic on wheels !?
The reason for tis is that car's engines have so little internal friction that there is little worthwhile engine braking available. And brakes are easier and cheaper to replace than gearboxes.