Everything posted by Edela
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Any advice on how to get it via dealer's workshop? I mean, usually no matter what you ask for, they 'know better' what to do. I'm supposed to come for an update, but my guess they will again install 1896 even if ask for 1941. So, perhaps there is a list of specific issues I'd need to mention for them to install this one?
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
If you first connect via cable, and then switch on wifi, the data still goes via cable until you unplug it. So no surprise it didn't restart. Anyway, guys, if anyone is interested in my case still. As I told before, I got my car with MCU replaced and on 1668 software. Since a few reboots the next days after I got my car back, indeed, as workshop promised, I had no more reboots. No surprise, since on this software version I have no wireless AA and I'm only using cable now. However, the amount of random errors which hadn't occurred before is increasing every day. Just a few examples: sound volume may be only lowered and won't go back up, sound doesn't play via infotainment at all (AA is connected, Waze is running, but music only goes via phone loudspeaker), sudden failure of backing camera, sudden failure of parking sensors, etc. It all gets fixed either by restarting car or, if it doesn't help, manual reboot of infotainment. We had quite cool weeks here in Madrid and now as heat came back, I expect infotainment again to go into constant on-off loop and drain by battery. Will see. I contacted dealership and Skoda's customer support to reject this car, but till now we found no solution. The only thing dealer offers is to buy this car back (with depreciation of price), on which I have to tell them that if they'll by this car for less money, that basically means that I paid that amount for not having a car half of the time and constantly bringing it to a workshop, which is ridiculous if you think about it in that way. If there is someone from Spain and could give me advice on how to legally proceed from here, I'd be happy to get some help.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Nope. I mean, reception guys in workshops are pretty useless, they just receive and give out cars. Hadn't had opportunity to speak to technicians, but given that I wen to 3 different workshops in total already 8 times, I wouldn't trust them either. When I try to speak to importer I could only reach customer support, which is not that bad because they kick my dealer to do smth, but can't do much apart of that. So I figured myself I can either remove charging schedules and leave the car on constant charge, since it is PHEV and it is charging 12V battery while connected to the grid, either pull fuse 30. The problem with pulling fuse is that I'm not sure that is infotainment alone drains my 12V battery. If I lock the car and stay inside, I hear some sounds from every few minutes, the same clicks and movements as if I'm approaching the car for the first time in the morning and it wakes up.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Welcome to the club! What you describe I had last year. After 'updates' didn't solve the issue, they changed media control unit. It helped for about half a year. This year again they were sending me off with 'updates' and when they understood it doesn't help, they changed media control unit again. Issues continued the very next day! This thing drains my 12V battery to such extent that I already had to call roadside assistance once just to jump start me in the morning. I noticed that in my case this behavior starts or intensifies when it is becoming hot outside (25+). So I blame those touchless buttons or gesture recognition (seriously, who even needs that in a car?). But issue may be wherever else. And I won't hope for a fast fix. It took Skoda 3 years to come up with new configuration of the camera to fix TA failures. What can we expect from them?
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Frankly, I have doubts they will upgrade 2020 cars to this version. Haven't seen one upgraded past 1896, while 1899 and 1900 exist. Might be that hardware won't support further SW versions.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
So... ask me in 100 years what hasn't changed, and I'll tell you Skoda still doesn't bother to update software after doing changes to the car. Same as previous time (different workshop though) they changed my media control unit. Unsurprisingly I got the same part number, same H56 and... software 1668 So till next visit to a workshop I have no even wireless android auto and same all bugs with switching users and random errors popping up when car starts up. How tired I am of all this bs.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Finally they are changing media control unit again. Ordered on Friday, promise to install it no later than Wednesday. I hope this one will work longer than half a year, cause my warranty is about to be over and this control unit costs 1,5k+.
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Mine was replaced last year on my second visit to a workshop, after they got kicked by customer support. It took them one week to get it and replace it. This year I visited them twice already and they still try to solve issue applying some software updates. This time even TPI was mentioned - TPI 2064590/2 - perhaps anyone could check what's inside? Anyway, didn't solve the issue as infotainment went crazy just 15 minutes after I left workshop. Yep. I'm going tomorrow for my 7th... or already 8th visit to a workshop. Every time car is there for a few days at least. Nothing stops my loan payments, nobody reimburse me for taxi I have to take while without my car, etc...
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
And my reboots are back! Hooray!
-
Infotainment System Restarting endlessly
Well, mine was restarting every day while driving only in Madrid. However, after I went for software update related to TA failures, infotainment became stable as well and hadn't rebooted once.
-
Charging error
Mine is 2,5 years old and I had no such issue. Only once it refused to charge and lit red, but I discovered that charger hung up and restarting it solved the issue. Just the fact that you are able to charge on public chargers with provided cable makes me think your charger is at fault.
- 2062172 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable
- 2062172 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable
-
Even more software errors
They finally scheduled me for update as well after I was annoying importer's customer support. Apart of update to get rid of assistance systems failing, I asked them to check infotainment again (it was checked before and changed last year), as at became extremely unstable with warmer weather. Fingers crossed they'll manage to fix that as well.
-
Are the center air vents annoying?
Personally, I have to direct them all the way up. Otherwise yes, it is blowing on my arm and it is annoying when it blows cold air. Most of the time I shut them completely.
-
Even more software errors
I had similar experience when I filled in Skoda satisfaction survey. Dealer left me with broken infotainment and ignored my attempts to reach them. After I filled the survey in quite a negative way, they called me from customer support to ask for more details. Next day someone from head office of the company to which dealership belongs called me and asked to come and "they'll do whatever has to be done". When I brought my car back to them, they couldn't explain why they ignored my email and never called me back after I left them voice messages.
- Even more software errors
-
PHEV home electric charger
I takes only 7 to 8 hours to charge it with granny charger. Considering this, you might not want to spend money on charger which only cuts charging time in half.
-
Key Battery
It is plug & play.
- 2062172 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable
- 2062172 Travel Assist sporadically unavailable
-
Bound To Happen, Apparently
I think there is some confusion happened. If you hold down menu and home buttons, the option to start update there is for servicemen and it is assumed you'll put a USB stick to get update from it. This is what we can see on the picture from Tried5UserNames. Normal OTA updates are coming on their own and there is no way to force them unless car offers it, and it also does not restrict from using car. To check the page with all the system information, as the one you showed as an example, one need simply to go to Settings on main page of infotainment screen and there to System Information. Tried5UserNames, could you make a picture of that page?
-
Anyone actually happy with their MK4? 😂
Good to know, though It is against TPI issued a while ago. I will continue annoying dealers around, maybe I'll get lucky to have it replaced for me as well.
-
Anyone actually happy with their MK4? 😂
Yes, dealerships are one of the main issues I have with this car. But regardless, I'm on latest software at least for infotainment (1896), which doesn't prevent it from rebooting often or crashing completely sometimes. Went to two dealers, both claim car is up to date, and I only can wait for further updates. True that none offered me to deactivate TA system. Skoda does not replace steering wheels anymore, and for a while already. The only answer from them is to wait for future updates. And, speaking about the app and other messages from happy Octavia owners, that summarizes my frustration with the brand recently. I'm genuinely happy for those who have no problems with car and with app, but I can't comprehend why quality from one car to another is so different and approach to fixing issues is different as well, and why app behaves so differently for different users.
-
Anyone actually happy with their MK4? 😂
Just thought I would share my impressions after driven Octavia IV Style for half a year and a first long trip. Overall, this car is a disappointment, more in brand than in car itself. It makes impression of having constant issues, minor or major, which can't get fixed. Been to dealership 2 times to fix infotainment and TA failures, still having both once in a while. When started 3 weeks long trip (6300km), on the very first day had infotainment completely failed, even though it was changed already before. Later on TA and SOS failures started to come more often, which came to a point when on my last day of trip I was listening to dings and dongs up to 10 times per minute with only a few short breaks. Those were long 7 hours of driving which almost made me insane... So far it is the least reliable car I had and that is very frustrating. Every day I'm expecting something nasty to happen with its electronics again. Boot lid is rattling again, even though it was fixed only 2 months ago. Battery management has some weird logic in it and car does not allow to choose what I want to drive. I mean, even if I tell it to keep charge level stable, it still may drop 15 to 20% and then tries to charge it like crazy, giving 15L/100km on a highway. I figured that on long highway trips it is better not to charge battery at all, as it doesn't provide any benefit on speeds above 100km/h. Weight balance and torque management of this car taught me how to push the accelerator very gently. A bit more power and wheels slip. And of course front tires are almost finished after just 20k due to that... App is legendary useless. 9 out of 10 attempts to switch heating remotely (and this is only useful thing in this app, frankly) lead to errors and bug reports, if app even loads first of all. But the most disappointing is that dealers just don't know or don't want to do anything. Weird high pitch noise from motor? Not a problem unless it breaks. Constant TA and SOS failures? We pretend we did smth, but actually there is no solution to that. Changing small part to make boot lid stop rattling which takes only 2 hours of work? We keep your car for a week in service. Ah, and of course we won't even install software updates, because... we won't unless something breaks and you'll have to wait again for 3 weeks for appointment and ride bus for a week, even though update takes just an hour. Had Skodas before, was always happy with them. But now I think of selling this car before warranty expires and going to try something else. This car became quite expensive, and it looks nice, but for such a price there is too much headache and inconvenience with this car.