Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. This shouldn't really be a routine feature, dealers, like the independent I use, should be able to test the fluid and only change it when needed.
  2. I don't rely on the auto setting. Switch them on manually then you're in control
  3. As your garage advises this is perfectly normal. Same with satnavs, your ETA is constantly being adjusted as you drive. Your fuel range is too.
  4. I don't find it annoying. Too many things added to cars these days that are a waste of time and simply more things to go wrong. I go for the least specced model I can find, probably why our Karoq is over 7 years old and been bombproof, as is my 3 year old Kamiq.
  5. Same way before, blind spot checked by looking over shoulder. Even if my car had it I wouldn't trust it, and would still do a manual check.
  6. Should be able to use a bit of tissue to identify where the level is.
  7. You misunderstood my comment. I'm sure the behaviour you describe is alarming. I was simply saying you shouldn't need the car to tell you the speed limit, can't you turn that part off?
  8. My December 2022 Kamiq 1.5 DSG shows the gears.
  9. Shouldn't need the car to tell you the speed limit.
  10. No, for Dreal you'll need new headlamps. Since Brexit the advice has been think very carefully about taking a UK car to France as they now have to go through the same steps as cars coming from any non EU country.
  11. Karoq manual, Kamiq is DSG. No issues with either pulling away or stalling.
  12. Have run my wife's 7 years plus Karoq on cheapest E10 since we got it new, been bombproof, as has my nearly 3 year old Kamiq, also run on cheapest E10. My previous car, a 10 year old Ford Focus from new, also ran on E10. Needed front wheel bearings replaced but that was it, and still working fine with a friend of mine 3 years later. In my mind nothing wrong with cheapest E10 😁
  13. Our original ones lasted around 5 years before they needed replacing.
  14. You can change the fitting from the old blade to the new blade if it's simply the fitting that's incorrect? Done that before on a Skoda.
  15. sussamb replied to Reg47's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Glad my Kamiq has normal indicator bulbs!
  16. Guess it depends how you use it, I have no issues with my cup holders.
  17. There's a significant difference in torque and power between the 2 engines, if funds allow I'd go for the 1.5
  18. Yes, recirculate remains on until you switch it off or switch off engine.
  19. No, my Kamiq bought from new is now 2 and a half years old, been bombproof.
  20. I've seen some say it's no longer possible but best to ask in the Octavia forum as this is the Kamiq one.
  21. Agreed, mine work fine too.
  22. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    That's not my experience on numerous cars including two Skodas. My dumb cruise control pretty much matches the set speed. The only time it struggles is going downhill just like it does if you were trying to control your speed manually, either by braking or changing gear.
  23. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Exactly. Cruise control will not maintain set speed going downhill under certain circumstances, that's why I switch my DSG to manual and select a more appropriate gear. Even that doesn't always stop the speed increasing.
  24. sussamb replied to a post in a topic in Škoda Kamiq
    Nope because I switch it off the minute I start off!
  25. My Skoda ones are consistent too on long journeys, although as I would expect mileage left varies depending on how you're driving, petrol is consumed more quickly if you're travelling at 80 rather than 50, in France that is so not speeding 😃. It's a bit like the GPS I use when walking, my time to destination varies depending on how fast I'm walking.

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.