Skip to content

sussamb

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by sussamb

  1. That's perfectly normally as you can fill the tank above what the sensor can read. You will then find the gauge won't move until the fuel drops to the point where it can be read. Does it on both our Skodas and did it on my previous Ford.
  2. It isn't random but it will vary depending on your mpg figure.
  3. Possibly, I haven't found anything frustrating with my wife's Karoq other than she gets to drive it more than me!
  4. As you admit the shock absorbers are bad the first step is to have them changed.
  5. sussamb replied to Mike495's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Maybe explain exactly what you mean by that, as AA has never done anything I wasn't expecting, and I can't think what you mean by 'taking over your radio'.
  6. Just to add I have a full size spare in mine, not a space saver. Size is 205/60 16 same as on my car. Aware the OP is asking about 18" wheels, but may help others reading this.
  7. I'm one of the KISS brigade. I turn off lane assist and stop/start the second I switch on the engine and before I move off. I buy the most basic model I can. My car has a key. You can keep most of these so called driver aids and other gadgets. Works for me and I've had no issues with my last 3 new cars, my Ford Focus went 10 years with no issue, and still going strong 2 years later as sold it to a friend. Our nearly 7 year old Karoq has been bombproof and so has my 2 year old Kamiq.
  8. sussamb replied to kgreel's topic in Skoda Karoq
    Tweezers etc go into slots in the foam
  9. Never heard that on my 1.5 DSG and it's now over 2 years old.
  10. No need to turn things off as you drive along, soon as I start the engine I now turn stuff off like lane assist and stop/start before I even drive off, only takes a second or two.
  11. We regularly leave our Karoq for 6 to 7 weeks while at our house in France. Starts perfectly when we return and that's on a nearly 7 year old battery so you should be fine.
  12. Those figures are way off, around £50 to change mine at an independent garage including pump.
  13. I run mine from one of the usb sockets, it's not permanently live.
  14. The 2 second delay is normal hill hold on a Skoda Kamiq.
  15. Never had the SOS warning and mine is now over 2 years old, no software updates since new.
  16. Nope, and my Kamiq is over 2 years old and my Karoq over 7 years.
  17. Post a photo and we'll tell you ... but it should be in the menu on right of screen ... under App. You may need to cable your phone or it may work over Wi-Fi
  18. Something isn't right then as mine settles down after seconds and no issue pulling away.
  19. Yes, our 2018 Karoq is nice and smooth, very little noise once I've emptied out the stuff the wife keeps putting in the car that causes rattles!!
  20. I have a 1.5 TSI DSG and it starts and idles normally, slightly higher on start up but not 1400rpm, more around 1000rpm
  21. It is on my Kamiq
  22. Me too
  23. At least you now know what the warning is for.
  24. Just ensure seat belt buckles etc are trapped underneath
  25. See here

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.