Everything posted by defsix
-
2.0TSi 190 Fuel economy. Pleasantly surprised.
Yes, it is quite a difference. But I have to drive like a granny to get those numbers š Doing about 12-13K Miles annually
-
2.0TSi 190 Fuel economy. Pleasantly surprised.
With these MPG it's worth considering getting a 2.0 Petrol instead of a diesel. I'm happy enough get 45MPG either way. Now at the moment in the evenings going home on a 30KM journey I can squeeze 72MPG out of my Diesel.
-
Vag dpf app
It's the ash that will fill first before you need to replace / clean. Mine was at 80% Ash, but still regener some to 25% on soot.
-
Vag dpf app
Yeah, between 20 and 25% seems about right. I had more Ash on less mileage.
-
Vag dpf app
-
Vag dpf app
Depends on your mileage as to how much soot or ash you have. When the DPD does a regen, roughly every 250 miles, it burns the soot into ash. This is what builds up, when it's full you have to flush or replace.
-
Rear window spoiler loose on Skoda Superb Estate Mk3
It looks like double sided tape?
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
I don't have access to VCDS at the moment. However I did this modification with Carista. When I walk away from the car, with the key it automatically locks. It only unlocks when I grab the handle on my return.
-
VCDS options on Superb III.FL
If you have Kessi, you can enable the full version using VCDS or Equiv
-
Oh joy, my door wonāt lock or unlockā¦
More than likely, yes.
-
Oh joy, my door wonāt lock or unlockā¦
Get the dealer to give toy the part number. Sticky that into eBay and set a reminder for it. You will be notified when one comes up. They vary in price from 40 to 250. I got my one for for 45, whereas new it was 250+
-
Coming/Leaving Home Superb 3
I have only briefly looked at it, but I know a lot of mods don't work between PFL and FL. I usually use Carrista , I didn't update my VCDS, this has most mods built in, but not all work with FL again. I've to borrow VCDS to do this , so I have to plan and be certain it's going to work š
- Coming/Leaving Home Superb 3
-
Issue with Phone/Bluetooth - New SMS shows as "Unknown"
Are they SMS or RCS messages?
-
New Project 2015 mk3 L&K Estate, Cambelt Snapped.
That was parts only. Here the car is a 22-25K Car, so financially worth it. Car suffered from oil starvation, span bearings on one, redened 2 others. Engine was stripped for valuable parts, then recycled. Engines were about ā¬3k. I paid a little extra for the low mileage, plus shipping. I specifically searched only for my engine code so it was a straight swap.
-
New Project 2015 mk3 L&K Estate, Cambelt Snapped.
Well, I just replaced my 2019/20 190 Engine.. it cost 3400 delivered! 250KM only! By the time it was installed with rebuilt turbo and timing belt kit it was nearly 4500. These engines are harder to find, I had to go to Europe to get one.
- Add additional Carplay/Android Auto USB to armrest cubbyhole - How to do it?
-
Noise when interior fans turned on
So I would think it's more a motor than an actuator so. Check the cabin filter for debris.
-
Noise when interior fans turned on
Diagnostics might answer this question, if you have acces to one. It could be a jammed motor or actuator.
-
Noise when interior fans turned on
Sounds like a fan motor to me. Does it change as you increase the speed?
-
Dashboard illuminates like a Christmas Tree!
Buy a new battery if it's still the original. Not all battery tests are the same.
-
Replacement (failed) damper recommendations
As for LHS shocks, I'm assuming that's because of is driving on the left side. This the LHS shock is at the mercy of the edge of the road. And / Or single occupancy in the car, less weight on that side of the car then.
-
Replacement (failed) damper recommendations
The usual issue with a customer supplying their own parts is warranty. If a customer supplied part fails who pays for the labour to replace? If the garage supplies and fits the parts and something fails under warranty, then the garage pays. If it's the customer supplying part, the customer has to pay and theoretically claim the labour back from the part supplier. Which realistically isn't going to happen.
-
New engine neededā¦
I purchased mine from Van Gils Automotive ( sourced via ProxyParts), a DHFA Diesel engine for a 2020 Model. You need to search by engine code. It's the only way.
-
New engine neededā¦
I used Proxy Parts. Search by engine code.