Skip to content

Berisford

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Berisford

  1. I live near this dealer and I'm pretty sure I was offered this vehicle whilst it stood in the showroom - price was silly, it's not got all the electronic toys but it has got a useless £1230 extra sun roof........! I suspect it came to the dealer at a cracking price. The price asked for it now is, some might say, optimistic?
  2. Awaiting my Superb - allegedly built week 29 - but still on the 'delayed' list. Sat in some field 50 odd miles north east of Prague no doubt. I was wondering / worrying, all these 'chips' that are holding the job up, how easy is access to 'em - I have a vision of my L&K sat in that field looking not dissimilar to the inside of my 1980's XR3i after it had been relieved of much dashboard kit by some shell suit clad scroat? Further to my woe, as the weeks roll by I'm getting more and more nervous about the motor being patched back together, out of normal build sync, so to speak. No car that I've ever owned over the years has faired well after it's been molested by the dealer for any kind of surgery - they never clip 'em back together correctly. Be nice if the missing 'chips' all sat on the same circuit board just behind the glove box but perhaps that's hoping for too much? I recently had Skoda fit a new part to the steering column on a Karoq - even that reasonably simple job had the usual tell-tale signs, the cover / cowling around the start button didn't mate up correctly, not a great deal of mis-match but enough for my eye to be drawn to it almost every time I got in............ Fingers crossed - at least it'll be 22 year registration - got to be worth a little more ££'s down the line than a 21 year reg?
  3. I'm 99% sure ours had LED interior bulbs and the boot light torch device was without a doubt LED and those SKODA projection light must have been, you could see 'em in the daylight - I can't double check the interiors inasmuch as I sold it 3 weeks ago..........
  4. I thought they were LED as standard?
  5. I can’t see much change in the new brochure - Canton sound system seems to be missing and perhaps a small price increase?
  6. Feeling brave (with a spare litre in the boot😎) I once pushed our 1.0 TSI 47 miles past '0' before giving up the challenge...........it took 51.05ltr to fill, I'm thinking there's got be at least 5 litres in the tank / available when the display shows '0'....? That was 517 miles @ 46mpg.
  7. Yep, me too. Such a pity we can't have one of these in the UK. Looking at the NZ website the Sportline comes fully loaded for about the same price as a L&K version for us here in the UK. Are there any monies to be paid on top of the NZ Skoda price, extra taxes etc?
  8. 5 hours……..😂🤣😂🤣
  9. Yes but, the only compromise you needed to make back then was on the colour and or model - there wasn’t dozens of variable options / toys to choose from………… However, this waiting possibly 9 months / up to a year is a PIA, more so in my case, I’m wondering which call will arrive first, the dealer else the grim reaper………..😬
  10. I was followed for a few miles on a unlit 'A' road last night by what I think was a Octavia though it could have been a Superb - Either way, it had some sort of set up that adjusted the beam throw. It was able to project its beam throw down the offside of me, lighting up the right hand hedgerow a good way beyond me but cancelling its self out whenever a vehicle came towards us. Curious thing was, I wasn't able (via my mirrors) to discern any visible change in his headlights when this happened and nor was there any dazzle via my mirrors...........very clever I thought.
  11. Very good........ Not that we've been for 18 months but our vehicles always seem to do better mpg whilst on our visits to Italy than what I get in the UK...........
  12. Curious, could you be reading that wrong inasmuch as the £39,993 looks to be the revenue price - where did you find the higher £40470 figure?
  13. Did the dealer charge you any extra on delivery to cover the additional first year VED ?
  14. I too kept my order just under the £40k limit but dealer said any price rises (even on extra’s) up to delivery will count towards the revenue price so as I was just £300 shy and looking at 6 months plus delivery I thought best not to skimp, bite the bullet and have the car as I desired it. I was kinda dreaming that our man Rishi might have increased the £40k threshold last week…………..It’s not fair that owners of £100k Tesla’s tearing the road up with their 0-60 in 2.5 seconds not only don’t pay the so called ‘luxury’ duty but don’t pay any standard VED either…….
  15. Crikey! How times have changed. Doesn't seem that long ago £50 - £60 for the bits and about 3 hours of grunt would see any mainstream vehicle fully fitted............
  16. I'm thinking the 'Plus' did but on the standard model they were an option.
  17. Exactly - plus if you’ve ever tried to siphon off fuel from a modern vehicle you’ll know that it’s almost impossible - as such, your common-or-garden scroat will invariably go for the more destructive method, puncturing the plastic tank. It’s a pity the old ‘emergency pull tab’ in the boot has been scrapped by some bean counter. Knowing of the potential fuel door problem I unsuccessfully tried to create my own pull tab buy was thwarted by the solenoid design. I did however trim down the locking pin so that the door could be opened with very little effort. Good luck with the dealer, the tight fisted ones at SUK don’t give much away these days.
  18. You mention getting to an 'age' Terry, maybe it's time to give up the 'skinny fit' Levi's and wear trousers cut a little more loose? .... 😉
  19. The door mirrors look ok to my eye, however, the reason I like the Superb is it’s ‘Q’ car anonymity…………so the day-glow trim is not for me.😎
  20. Thanks for the link Danoid - I had a look around on the web and very little comes up - certainly didn’t show this ‘Obautodily’ page. I suppose it’s down to the part description, that is, ‘what’s it called’. The one you highlight would certainly suit me, looks to be maybe a little rubberised v shiny plastic so I imagine a less prone to the wife’s rings. 👍
  21. I'm sure you just pull the gaiter up and the clips let go quite easily...........not sure about how the switch banks are held in.
  22. I hate the naff 4x4 logo on the DSG control lever - anyone swapped it for something less gaudy - and is it an easy job?
  23. So does this go away - can you over-ride it - it can't shout constantly can it?
  24. That 'cough' does sound like a air-con clutch.........?
  25. Berisford replied to Cvak's topic in Skoda Karoq
    I let ours go this week (priced 2 weeks ago) - whilst I was happy with the price and got £850 more than I paid 2 years 8 months ago - if I’d have hung on ‘till today, that £850 would have been £1200 - surely this bubble has got to burst soon - who is buying used motors for way more than they cost new?

Important Information

Welcome to BRISKODA. Please note the following important links Terms of Use. We have a comprehensive Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Account

Navigation

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.